Protein Powder

Options
124»

Replies

• mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use Cytosport 100% Whey Protein made by Muscle Milk. (I get it at Costco) 140 cal per scoop and 27 grams of protein. It mixes well with water or unsweetened almond milk. Good luck!!:wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ever read a text book, researched it? The recommended amounts of protein are ALWAYS in kilograms, not pounds.

Huh?

:huh:

Conversion from kg to lb isn't exactly rocket surgery though.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Champion Ultramet Low Carb protein powder in packets is one of THE BEST tasting ones I have found and I've consumed several different protein shakes along my journey. The best are the vanilla blended with ice, water and some cinnamon....OMG heaven!!!!!

I also use the Pure Protein bars when I am craving or want something "sweet" they're probably the best tasting out there too!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm a big fan of the 0.8-1g protein/pound LBM as a starting point.

This is what my trainer wants me to eat too, I try but it's really hard I get to about 120-130g.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't use the MFP calculators. They don't work for my issues and goals.

I use them but have to tweak them to keep my carbs below 180g., which is what my doctor has recommended for my newly diagnosed diabetes. She has approved my 40% carb, 35% protein and 25% fat balance.
  • Carrie210
    Carrie210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just another vote for protein powder! I mix mine with unsweetened almond milk to help meet my goal of 103gr. I use Tera's Whey. It absolutely makes a big difference in my weight loss. I'm stuck without it!
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yeah man I usually have a shake a day.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    There is no need to add protein unless you are a body builder.
    gtfo, also, everyone would benefit from lifting weights even if you don't class yourself as a "bodybuilder"
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi is amyenman
  • amyenman1
    Options
    yes loss my weight
  • amyenman1
    Options
    no carbs