Replies

• GemW27
    GemW27 Posts: 41
    Options
    Well, that escalated quickly :laugh:
  • GemW27
    GemW27 Posts: 41
    Options
    You may want to go back and change your settings.

From what you've said you're in the very active category (burning 600 cals at a work out session), and that should give you a different caloric goal. Also, take a look at how aggressive your weekly weight loss goal might be.

My goal had been to lose 1 lb a week and that dipped me down to 1300 calories. At 1/2 a lb a week, I get an additional 300 calories.

I think that this has to be an approach you can sustain. If you lose 1/2 a lb a week, that's 26 lbs in a year.:smile:
    If I change from sedentary to very active do I still eat back my calories? (Don't shoot me....)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You may want to go back and change your settings.

From what you've said you're in the very active category (burning 600 cals at a work out session), and that should give you a different caloric goal. Also, take a look at how aggressive your weekly weight loss goal might be.

My goal had been to lose 1 lb a week and that dipped me down to 1300 calories. At 1/2 a lb a week, I get an additional 300 calories.

I think that this has to be an approach you can sustain. If you lose 1/2 a lb a week, that's 26 lbs in a year.:smile:
    If I change from sedentary to very active do I still eat back my calories? (Don't shoot me....)

If you are using MFP method, you eat whatever MFP tells you + more for exercise. If you exercise more, you eat more. MFP DOES NOT INCLUDE EXERCISE IN ITS CALCULATIONS. The activity level is for your daily life, do you sit in a chair all day or do you have a waitress job and are on your feet all day?

If you set up your own custom goal, based on figuring out your TDEE, then TDEE would include exercise already.