Help! LowFat is boggling my mind!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I reevaluated. Basically? I started out this diet 3 weeks ago with perhaps low carbs isn't working because I'm making the wrong carb choices, not paying any attention to calories, not exercising, & not drinking water. I was using my carbs on LC tortillas or LC bread. The rest is pretty self explaining!

So? Trying to change I invested my carbs into veggies instead, bought a treadmill, and started drinking water. The results have been pretty good and. I was keeping my calories right at tat 1200 mark. Because I started measuring and logging things.. I couldn't help but notice my fat was large! So I thought.. Wow this would be great if I could trim that down. Then I fell way below my calorie quota! So I came here and questioned what to do! I don't start upping carbs til Monday so I was like omg what do I do?? Lol

I was just jumping the gun! Trying to tackle fat before carbs! So? I'm keeping the fat and letting it just be. Hopefully as I re-introduce carbs the percentages will start moving closer to where I'd like them to be. If not??? Maybe I'll come back again and be like HELP??? Lol

Last night I had 2oz of almonds as suggested and even a cup of coffee. I went over my 1200 calories but now I know with the exercise that's ok.

So today is a new day and I'm going to be just fine!

It felt attacking and ugly and judging but? I got the answer I came for! I think my problem was merely trying to do the impossible with good intentions.

Total calories is more important than watching fat.. Better to get calories from fat tan not at all? But holy moly I wish I'd had gotten that answer without being made to feel horrible. I'm making so many strides to better myself and learn. I'm taking crash course to learn what I lack. And I felt smacked down for being some freak. Was very odd!

Thank you for the help.. I think Lol! Hopefully I won't be back :):heart:

What you have to realize when you ask for advice in a public forum is that you're essentially walking into a crowded room and shouting out your question. Anyone can respond, and you've got a wide variety of personality types and communication styles. Most of the regulars here often don't mince words. You're going to get blunt and straightforward advice. Try not to attribute emotions to it that are not intended. :flowerforyou:
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I reevaluated. Basically? I started out this diet 3 weeks ago with perhaps low carbs isn't working because I'm making the wrong carb choices, not paying any attention to calories, not exercising, & not drinking water. I was using my carbs on LC tortillas or LC bread. The rest is pretty self explaining!

So? Trying to change I invested my carbs into veggies instead, bought a treadmill, and started drinking water. The results have been pretty good and. I was keeping my calories right at tat 1200 mark. Because I started measuring and logging things.. I couldn't help but notice my fat was large! So I thought.. Wow this would be great if I could trim that down. Then I fell way below my calorie quota! So I came here and questioned what to do! I don't start upping carbs til Monday so I was like omg what do I do?? Lol

I was just jumping the gun! Trying to tackle fat before carbs! So? I'm keeping the fat and letting it just be. Hopefully as I re-introduce carbs the percentages will start moving closer to where I'd like them to be. If not??? Maybe I'll come back again and be like HELP??? Lol

Last night I had 2oz of almonds as suggested and even a cup of coffee. I went over my 1200 calories but now I know with the exercise that's ok.

It felt attacking and ugly and judging but? I got the answer I came for! I think my problem was merely trying to do the impossible with good intentions.

Total calories is more important than watching fat.. Better to get calories from fat tan not at all? But holy moly I wish I'd had gotten that answer without being made to feel horrible. I'm making so many strides to better myself and learn. I'm taking crash course to learn what I lack. And I felt smacked down for being some freak. Was very odd!

You are not alone in feeling this way. There tends to be some bias on these boards towards certain diet preferences and they can be quite agro about it. If you want to see a real *kitten* storm, check out the paleo or keto threads.

I personally don't understand why some feel the need to express themselves in such a way, sometimes going as far to start with ugly name calling, and many will fall back on the "we're just blunt and honest" to justify their inability to be more respectful and considerate. Some I think do have good intentions and are just tone deaf to such presentation; others I feel are not so well intentioned and are looking for opportunities to be ugly. It's an unfortunate trend I've noticed on these boards as well.

Just take such interactions with a grain a salt and try to mine them for valuable advice, if any. Then let the ugliness roll off your back and focus on yourself and others that are able to exchange ideas in a respectful, adult manner.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

For a given number of calories, you can't just "cut" one macronutrient. If you eat less of one you need to eat more of one or both of the other two...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You know if you think about it for anyone losing weight quickly a good percentage of their calories are coming from fat anyways, the fat they are burning from their bodies to make up for their calorie deficit.

If someone aims for a protein/carb/fat split of something like 40/40/20 and eats 1600 calories a day and loses 1 pound a week that means that there body is burning an extra 500 calories in fat. That means although they injested in terms of calories 640 protein 640 carb and 320 fat their body burned an extra 500 in fat which means their calorie split was actually 640 protein, 640 carb and 820 fat which is actually 30/30/40

So if you think about even people who claim to be eating really low fat and burning a ton of weight are actually have most of their calories coming from fat anyways.