Weight vs Size

Options
123457»

Replies

• MikesGirl0692
    Options
    5'6 and 152 lbs. Size 10

5'6 and 142 lbs. Size 8 is what I am aiming to get back to!
  • kanegirl973
    kanegirl973 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It really is quite a strange one! As for the stats, I am 5'5, and weigh 207lbs (although I am a metric girl, have converted for the sake of the topic) and I am now in a UK 16 mainly though still cant get into a pair of UK 16 shorts. My body fat is at 45% which I am slowly working on losing whilst increasing muscle. Interesting topic indeed
  • punkeyschnoodles
    Options
    I'm 5'5" on a tall day. I'm the heaviest right now that I've ever been at 158lb (except at full-term pregnancy weight of 170lb). I wear anywhere from a size 6 to 12 pants depending on department, fabric, cut, brand. Size 6 jacket or S/M tops. But I would say I'm probably a generic 10.
    My lightest adult weight was 120lb and a size 2. And I had breastfeeding boobs. My measurements at that time were 36, 22, 38. At one point about three-four years ago, after my last child, I was a sturdy 135lb and a 2/4, but my measurements were 33, 21, 37. I was pretty ripped from lots of weight training and rock climbing (that's what will bring the thighs down!). I think I'm something like 34, 27, 42 at the present.
    I feel like my happy weight is about 130-135 and muscular. My body seems to like muscle more than fat, because that's definitely when I'm at my best. My body chemistry finds a happy place. I sleep well, think clearly, feel energetic, maintain emotional balance, and my skin looks great. Plus I was eating like crazy. And I love eating good food. Weight training is definitely the way to go for me. And bikram yoga, rock climbing, occasionally maybe a step or dance class or swimming. I hate running. And I don't like mellow. I feel like I'm not doing anything. And I love the look of lean muscles rippling in my legs and arms. But not sitting on a weight bench. More like getting on a stepmill with handweights, or plyometrics. (Check out http://www.zuzkalight.com/ for some awesome and free workout videos. <<She's my body ideal.)
  • GypsyJanie
    GypsyJanie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started weight training/working out two months ago and I'm now 185. I also stopped yo-yo dieting and switched to whole foods. I gained 10 - 15 lbs. BUT my pants still fit. I'm 5'6" and a jeans size 10 or 12 depending on the brand.

It's awesome to actually gain weight but stay the same size. That's new for me!
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'7" 162, size 10. Heaviest was 260, size 24. Bra 38DD from 44DDD. MFP pretty much saved my life.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and very pear shaped.

I am currently 256 and a size 22..... Started out 298 and a 24....
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    5'5" 139lbs size 6
  • astagliano
    Options
    Im 5'5 188 and I wear size 12, 13, or 14 in jeans depending on the brand and M/L in shirts. At my heaviest I was 228 and could barely fit into a size 17 jeans and XL shirts, then I went down to a 15 and i t felt like I was wearing that size forever! but finally i got down to where I am now and can at last fit into some medium shirts I blame my boobs for that not being my regular size haha! As far as my boobs go I actually went UP a size from 38D to 38DD. But that was after going down from a 42D so I guess I'll take it,
  • Nantaj
    Nantaj Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 188 and a comfy size 10. At my heaviest I was 210 and wearing a size 14. I'm 5'5"
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im about 5ft5

At my smallest i was 142lb and a large size 10 because i have wide hips and big thighs. I'm currently down to 160lb and im a small 12.

What weight and size are you - id like to see what % of people there are that are the same as me - i can drop a size but not the weight.

I also am 5ft 5, I a, 51 years lady, when I was 18, I weighed 120 lbs and was slim, then marriage, children etc...weight creeps on.

2 years ago I lost weight and went from 215 lbs to 150 lbs (which is the top end of the scale for my HIEGHT) family and friends all kept saying, "you have lost enough, stop losing and so on, and I was a size 10,) I stuck at the 150 UPTO this last few months and with stress and worry over parents being ill, etc - I have gained 10 lbs and am now focused on losing that, plus more as I would love to be nearer the 120 lbs again, I just worry about the size, as I don't really want to go below a size 8, in clothes.

So at momonet - 158 lbs & size 10/12