Men and grey hair

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Men go gray. Men go bald. Whatever. Age gracefully. It's sexy. Way sexier than seeing a Just For Men box under your bathroom sink or learning that you have hair plugs.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    My kids are D-Bags.

Omg I literally just busted out laughing at that. Love it!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

And yes, I love a little gray in a man's beard. Good stuff!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    my apologies to the bald fella's. Hopefully it's in the family gene's that I don't lose any. My father is 71 and still has a full head of hair. I've actually thought about shaving a few years back but, I've had a few head trauma's in my youth and it would probably look more like a topographic map.
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What do you ladies think? Does the salt n pepper look appeal to you?

Yes. It is HOT. My bf dyes his hair and I wish he wouldn't.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go with salt and pepper.... yup!!!:smokin:
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    my fella has grey in his hair and I LOVE it, leave it well alone, its a very sexy look
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like it on men. Would be horrified to sport it myself.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I got my first few strands of grey in my mid-30's. I'm 61 now. I kind of liked the salt and pepper but the salt is overshadowing the pepper. No, I'm not planning on coloring it.
  • _Rogue
    _Rogue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I personally love the salt and pepper on a man..

Thick hair runs in his family...(balding does not)...and when it's cut nice and short and clean and styled , he looks hawt. :tongue:

The first two weeks after his hair cuts are always the most fun in our house. Bahaha...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband has black hair and he has started to show white hair on the sides. I love it. Of course teenagers aren't the best source of advice for adults. Teenagers like teenage boys.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Don't use Just for Men, it's garbage. In fact, all of the men's coloring is crap. I'm not kidding when I say use the women's stuff, and go for the lightest shade of whatever your natural color is. This way you won't get "shoe polish head." My barber taught me that.

That said, I don't even bother with the hair color anymore. I've got a little salt n' pepper at my temples, and I'm cool with that. I just wasn't when it started happening years ago.
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    If it's a choice between greying or dyed, sure. Let it go grey. Regrowth is not sexy.

Or….

…you could just shave your head. The world needs more completely bald men, they're irresistible! :heart:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    If it's a choice between greying or dyed, sure. Let it go grey. Regrowth is not sexy.

Or….

…you could just shave your head. The world needs more completely bald men, they're irresistible! :heart:
    Some of us can't pull off the bald look :sad: :cry:
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    *shakes head and looks disappointed* All I'm asking is that you try. Is that really so hard?

Pretty sure you could pull off anything, BTW.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...totally natural looking.

th?id=HN.607988488096712022&pid=15.1

My dad used to say it's either gotta turn gray or turn loose.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    A word of warning if you do to decide to color use the lighter shade. I've been salt and pepper for quite awhile (mores salt now). My first grey showed up about 15 years ago so while bored on a business trip I stopped at the drugstore and picked up Jet black since that was my color. Colored hair and mustache, oh what a mistake.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Grey hair hot
    bald very hot
    grey in beard very hot
    dyed hair desperate attempt to hang onto youth
    not hot
    ignore the children
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yes. The salt and pepper look, especially on extremely dark hair, is incredibly attractive IMO.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Or….

honey trust me no one is looking at your head the shoulders in a shirt or suit would be all a woman would see(at least me)
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If I was to not shave for a week, I'd look 10 years older thanks to my salt and pepper hair.