No makeup

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Feervi
    Feervi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well, we need to differenciate 'wearing natural-look-make up' and 'I-put-on-my-face-every-product-I-find make up... personally I only wear make up on special ocasions just out of laziness but I love how eye liner and mascara look and hate those moisturizers that look like you've painted your face like you paint your house. It's true 'natural' is nice but come on, mother nature is not that good with all of us.
  • atcross
    atcross Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up almost every time I leave the house because of my rosacea. :( I usually also wear eye make-up because I think it significantly improves my appearance, but I only wear lip color on special occasions because I get sick of trying to wash it off my water bottles. Once I cover up all the rosacea-related redness, my skin is really pale and tends to look like a featureless white oval w/o something to accent my eyes. But I also just like make-up and enjoy experimenting with color and application techniques. I guess it's a sort of creative outlet for me. That said, I'd really like to get my skin condition under control so I can dispense with the foundation. My sister and several of my female friends look great w/o makeup and I have to admit I'm a bit envious. It must have something to do with coloring and proportionality of facial features, but some women really seem to look better w/o makeup.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I dont wear makeup because I don't how to apply it
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    It's for hookers & clowns. Everyone else should give it a rest (IMHO).
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm ugly as f**k without makeup.

this kind of relates back to the "crap genetics" thread. It's pretty tough to call yourself ugly but say that makeup can change that. If you look pretty with it, you look fine without it, the makeup just changes things a bit and gives you some confidence. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I take care of my skin very well so I don't have to feel compelled to wear make-up.

However, I do love my tinted moisturizer.
  • mobrien0527
    mobrien0527 Posts: 412
    Options
    No matter what, even when I'm going out, I don't wear face makeup. I'll use concealer on a spot here and there but I just can't imagine covering my face in foundation every day

I usually wear top eyeliner and mascara to make my eyes look bigger, without it I look kinda tired
    But recently I'm going through this phase where I'm just too lazy to put it on so I'll just do a touch of mascara

for my dance competitions I have to do full blown out makeup and it just feels gross (especially when I start sweating)

My policy is to use makeup to enhance natural beauty, not cover it :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm a girly girl. I don't go out without makeup, hair, and nails done. Can't help it, I'd feel naked without.

I always preferred you without makeup...I can't help it.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Im just here to say I am beautiful....The end.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    The most make up I wear is eyeliner and mascara, that is about as good as it gets with me and that is only if it's date night for me and my hubby. Honestly I'm a stay at home mom so there is no need for me to wear it, heck most of the time all I wear is pjs and workout clothes lol...sad but true, my 3 and 2 year olds don't care what I look like....yet so why bother.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't feel awake until I have makeup on. I only do eye makeup though. If I knew how to get that dewey-skin-thing that Megan Fox does, I'd do that. :P
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I wear it only sometimes.... mostly because I'm too lazy and I feel like I look alright with out it... same for nail polish.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I don't feel awake until I have makeup on. I only do eye makeup though. If I knew how to get that dewey-skin-thing that Megan Fox does, I'd do that. :P

Megan Fox doesn't do that, her makeup artist does. and many celebrities have terrible skin problems from all the heavy makeup they wear to look good on camera.

I do wear makeup on occasion, but I prefer a good BB cream instead of foundation. A bit better for the skin. And I exfoliate twice a day and moisturize twice a day. Those things, along with drinking a lot of water, do help keep skin looking healthy, smoother, and more poreless.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Megan Fox doesn't do that, her makeup artist does. and many celebrities have terrible skin problems from all the heavy makeup they wear to look good on camera.

I do wear makeup on occasion, but I prefer a good BB cream instead of foundation. A bit better for the skin. And I exfoliate twice a day and moisturize twice a day. Those things, along with drinking a lot of water, do help keep skin looking healthy, smoother, and more poreless.

What is BB cream?
  • mccindy72
    Options

What is BB cream?

BB creams (short for beauty or blemish creams) are like tinted moisturizers on steroids. In addition to hydrating and evening out skin tones, BB creams also treat the skin with antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients, plus offer broad-spectrum SPF.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up, except when I do.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Statistically speaking, I'm pretty sure my husband and I have sex more often when I have makeup on. So...I'll keep wearing makeup and continue to care less if other people think I'm vain for doing so.

My boyfriend calls it "Not necessary but a nice added touch."

He likes it, I like it, so hells to the ya.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    makeup is for halloween!! j/k. sort of.

i have nothing against makeup (and am a little envious, actually, of those with the time/money/energy/inclination to rock it) but it just doesn't work for me.

:grumble: i have oily skin. i have enough trouble keeping acne down without introducing more pore-cloggers.
    :grumble: i touch my face and change clothes constantly. makeup would get messed up and smeared everywhere, all the time.
    :grumble: i use and wash my hands constantly and my nails are thin and weak, so maintaining a nice, grown-up looking coat of polish is more often than not more trouble than its worth. plus i play violin so short(ish) nails are must anyway. skateboarding can be hard on a coat of polish, too.
    :grumble: i wear glasses, so eyemakeup is lost on me. i can't tolerate contacts.
    :happy: lip gloss and fragrance is all i can manage on the reg

maintaining a properly 'made-up' appearance would require changes in my lifestyle that i'm not willing to make. i might, however, go back to painting my nails black so the chalk and paint and dirt doesn't show.