Ideas for Improving Scrambled Eggs

Options
13»

Replies

• markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to bump up eggs a little is to saute chopped peppers and onions then drop the eggs in. I use egg substitute instead of whole eggs and serve it whit two strips of bacon. This will only run you about 150 or so calories and tastes excellent.

I'm also a big fan of spinach wilted in the pan before adding the eggs. I let this one cook on one side then flip it over to cook on the other. I think you call that a fritata.

Bits of leftover meat are great, too.

Here's one that's a little strange: Beat the eggs in a bowl, then make ramen soup and stir the eggs into the ramen soup broth before your add the noodles. Also, you can add some frozen vegetables to this for a really wonderful, quick and easy soup.

You favorite hot sauce (may I suggest Frank's?) is always a welcome addition.
  • Amanda0984
    Amanda0984 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Chuck in some smoked salmon. Delicious! :smile:

I do this too. Totally yum.

I tend to only add the veggies to omlettes. When having scrambled egg, i tend to have them with smoked salmon or i add a little low fat creme fraiche and a tsp of dijon mustard and pinch pepper to give them a real nice taste and it keeps them creamy too cos let's face it they can get bland.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo!!! :heart:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    shrimp and goat cheese actually tastes really good too
  • miaf123
    miaf123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to add any combination of spinach, tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms because they add volume without a lot of calories. Feta or gorgonzola are great for adding flavor, and you don't need that much! Red pepper flakes add a lot too
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Fill a Yorkshire pudding with chive scrambled eggs, lay a few slices of smoked salmon and nap with a home made hollandaise.
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I add 1/4 C. fat free cottage cheese to 4 egg whites and scramble them. Sounds strange but its really good!!
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The best scrambled eggs I had was in a sheperd's house. They were a huge family and the best dishes I served were there...may'be because they were always cooking such bulk amounts. on a lower scale here it goes:
    2 large eggs
    50g hard sheep's cheese/goat grated coarsely or crumbled
    50ml milk
    2 tbsp coarse cornmeal( dried polenta)
    2 tbsp chopped parsley
    2 tbsp chopped dill
    some black pepper.
    Usually it doesn't need salt because the cheese has plenty. cook on a low heat so the cornmeal has time to cook.
    Serve them on a slice of toast with pickles or ketchup.

Otherwise, I throw spring onion finely chopped and feta cheese. I also love fritata because you can twist it to suit what you like. My family aren't really crazy about eggs, so I seldom make it but I have a thing about bell peppers, fresh mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in it. let's not forget you can also add pre-boiled potatoes, peas, green beans, asparagus.
    Best way is to experiment in the kitchen and find what you really like. But I warmly recommend the one with cornmeal, it's fab.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Try baked eggs for an amazing and different way to eat your eggs!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1649636/baked-eggs-with-spinach-and-tomato
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    When I'm bored with plain scrambled eggs I make breakfast tacos. Cook the scrambled eggs with chopped cilantro and you can add chopped green onion if you like. I eat them with low carb tortillas and salsa and guacamole. Sooooooo good. It ends up being around 450 calories.
  • KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    Bacon, broccoli, spinach, red pepper, jalapeño and some cheese.

(add in garlic and a little mustard for seasoning)
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    spinach (or kale), cheese, salsa, chipotle peppers ( if you like it REALLY spicy) :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Something I've had recently

Soft scrambled eggs in shrimp butter, whipped yogurt, sea urchin

IMG_20140118_174155.jpg