Garmin Vivofit

Options

Replies

• ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have had a vivofit for 2 weeks and love it. I have read many articles about minor problems with them but have found that if you look carefully and take the time to learn about the unit most of the problems are user orientated.

There is a Fitbit group on MFP - is there anyone who would be interested in starting a Vivofit group?
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ann121212
    Options
    No takers on starting a vivofit group?
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OK. I did it for you. Just called Vivofit. Sign up. It will be educational.:wink:
  • psionmark
    psionmark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To summarize, sometime TODAY

1. Get YESTERDAY's Total Calories From the Steps widget on your GCM Health & Fitness (default) dashboard
    2. Subtract your MFP Calories Burned from Normal Daily Activities (found under Goals in the Your Diet Profile section)
    3. Add the difference to MFP as a custom exercise (I call mine Vivofit Activity but call it anything you want)

All done. How easy is that?

Thank you SO much for this - I've been scratching my head over this for ages :)

It'll be nice when we get full syncing with the VF but this is great for now.
  • ljoycew
    ljoycew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll participate in a vivofit group. for sure.
  • drozowski
    drozowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    me too. I have had mine 2 weeks and it is fun and I am happy with it overall but I am sure having a group would be motivational.
  • cdnmsfit
    cdnmsfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! Is there a group?

Mine didn't sync yesterday or Wednesday's steps properly. I'm distraught. :(
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    This is a group. Before I stumbled across this one, I started another one simply called Vivofit. We should probably try to find a way to consolidate the two.

If you are looking for challenge style motivation, you will have to find that on Garmin Connect. I have invited ljoycew to connect with me there. I was unable to find cdnmsfit or drozowski.

If you guys still want to try the group thing, connect with me on the Garmin Connect Modern site and we can give it a whirl. You will find me there as FLYoung.

I was automatically enrolled in a series of "Step Challanges" and this is the extent of my experience with this. From that experience, it looks like steps are the only metric you can challenge people on. To bad since I do a lot of non-step based cardio. At ;least I will be an easy person to beat :).
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    Update. There is nothing like learning by doing :).

I just created a Group on the Garmin Connect Site. I called it MyVivoPal.

Please go join it so we can all see what we can do with it. While you are at it, please connect with me as well. I'm not sure how any of this is going to play out until we start trying to do something with it.
  • doriannern
    doriannern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cant find MyVivoPal on the Garmin Connect site.
  • ann121212
    Options
    http://connect.garmin.com/group/search/

This will connect you to the old garmin site which will allow you to search for groups. I still cant find a similar spot on the new garmin connect.
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    Hmmm . . . Ann is usually right on but her link didn't work for me. When I went there on my own, however the URL I coppied off the browser address bar was the same http://connect.garmin.com/group/search/

I'm still mystified why nobody can find the link in GC Modern. It is at http://connect.garmin.com/modern/groups or you can just click on the three bars in the upper left hand corner of the default dashboard page and select groups.

Any way, Ann and I need mor epeople in our group. Keep trying!
  • Floridadomer
    Floridadomer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I JUST READ THIS BUT HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET:

Step 1 connect garmin connect to copymysports.com
    Step 2 connect copymysports to the runkeeper app
    Step 3 connect runkeeper to myfitnesspal
  • ann121212
    Options
    Your right fyoung that link will not work for me now either (I did test it at the time and it was ok) Hmmm I just tested it for a second time and it worked :huh:

This is the drop down menu that appears when I click the 3 bars in my top left corner (modern) - Is yours different?

Activities
    Badges
    Challenges
    Connections
    Devices
    Reports
    Sleep
    Steps
    Weight
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    Way different. I get:

Activities
    Badges
    Calendar
    Challanges
    Connections
    Courses
    Devices
    Goals
    Groups
    Personal Records
    Reports
    Segments
    Sleep
    Steps
    Training Plans
    Weight
    Workouts

Are you and I in different "clouds"? Very, very strange.
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    Floridadomer. My recommendation is for you to leave the CopyMySports thing alone. Garmin's tolerance of it comes and goes. I'm pretty sure we will have integration of MFP and Garmin Connect pretty soon.

Until then, the suggestion quoted on the first post in this tread has been working quite well for me and only takes a few seconds per day to do.
  • Lillemi82
    Lillemi82 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Ann, I get the same menu as you do....no groups for me either. Had to go through the "old" GC to find it.
    I so wonder why this is...it's really annoying.
  • fyoung1111
    Options
    Do either you or Ann have any other Garmin fitness devices?
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I also had to copy and paste the link in to get to the group.
    And I only can pull it up that way of if I get a notification.
    Odd?