Garmin Vivofit

Options

Replies

• wilsond3010
    wilsond3010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can't wait till the finally sort this out and allow the vivofit to sync directly. the 3rd parts work but don't put the steps in unless you are wearing a hrm is that correct.
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wilson, I don't understand you question or even am sure it is a question. Be patient. Garmin/MFP integration is on the horizon.
  • Carbphrek
    Carbphrek Posts: 9
    Options
    Just a thank you call out for the Garmin site group. Any and all support groups are helpful.

I picked up the Vivofit this wednesday after I lost my Fitbit One the week before. Working on tweaking the steps accumulated, no way did I walk 1.2 miles around my house in 15 mins.

Add me as a Connection on the Garmin site. staceyso
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You have been invited staceyso.

What was chasing you around your house? 4.8 Mph is a pretty good clip :).

For now, there is no way to calibrate distance. Garmin just assigns you an undisclosed value (or range of values) depending on your height. This is supposedly on their list but it's a looong list and the Kansas Code Monkeys are very Slooow.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Just got started with my vivofit and would love to have more connections. Garmin name is same as mfp name.
    :happy:
  • vivofitcommunity
    vivofitcommunity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, if you would like to connect with other vivofit users. There is this Vivofit community at Garmin connect. Simply add your user name and connect with other vivofit users to challenge, tracking, analysis, sharing, and encouragement! The group is called Vivofit Community and it is available at Garmin Connect. Click on this link to see it: http://connect.garmin.com/group/718087#
  • Moon1269
    Moon1269 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm using Garmin Vivofit because it is waterproof and that is conducive with my exercise plan.
  • DR03K
    DR03K Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got a potential short-term automated fix for the lack of Garmin Connect Sync to MFP.

Basically all you need to do is:
    1. create a FitBit account.
    2. connect MFP to FitBit account.
    3. create free account on www.fitdatasync.com and pair it up with Garmin Connect and Fitbit and sync

So... what happens is, when you upload all data to garmin connect, fitdatasync automatically syncs this data across to fitbit, which then dynamically syncs calorie offset into MFP (assuming the config to allow offset is enabled in MFP).

FitBit is populated perfectly as if you are using a fitbit device and the sync to MFP is automated.

Enjoy.
  • cptjsparrow7
    Options
    I thought this only copied activities and not actual step data....has that changed?
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I'm connected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The option showed up in my dashboard today!!!!!

I'm happy--can you tell?
  • fscarano
    fscarano Posts: 9
    Options
    I purchased a Vivofit. Had to return it the very next day. Vivofit told me I walk 29.8 miles...This was not correct. I purchased a Garmin 210 GPS watch..
  • wilsond3010
    wilsond3010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you Garmin and MFP for now syncing to each other.
  • SinCityFit
    SinCityFit Posts: 96
    Options
    Mine gets here on Saturday :D Wonder what the difference will be with the Polar V800. Have the Mio Link so I can use both at the same time.
  • ashleegregor
    ashleegregor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I get my Garmin connect calories to sync to MFP?
  • Zondeare
    Zondeare Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Connecting vivofit to mfp (also works with garmin F15)

Sign into garmin connect through the website.
    Go to cal in vs cal out
    At bottom of page there is a link to connect to mfp
    Allow access

Done!
  • Carbphrek
    Carbphrek Posts: 9
    Options
    So excited to see the connectivity between Garmin & MFP!!!! Getting more and more out of my Garmin devices everyday.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hope I understand this correctly...I just got my VivoFit last week.

I can see my calories from my Food Log on MFP entered into the Connect iPhone App and website.
    It (Connect) calculates the value of my exercise and tells me the remaining calories I have left.
    The exercise itself does not show up anywhere in MFP, Connect is just getting the calorie intake values from MFP.
    So, long story short....if I want to eat more calories because of exercise I can look in Connect to see what my actual remaining calories are for a given day. However, in my case, I don't want to eat more due to exercise....
    I just want to stick to my daily MFP set goal for food intake. I use my food diary in MFP to tell me when I have stayed under my calorie intake goal.

As I understand it, Connect is an evolving software app....it is still in the process of development. Things might change from what they are today. I hope I have the right understanding of the issues here...
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also...you can read about the accuracy of the VivoFit here:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/03/garmin-vivofit-review.html
  • jond76
    jond76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. So it looks like the vivofit has the old Fitbit problem of only sending information one way. On Garmin connect it syncs and shows my updated calories (which it grabs from MFP), but MFP does not get the activity data from Garmin connect to adjust the calories on MFP. :(

Hopefully its sorted out soon. Hate to return this.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi. So it looks like the vivofit has the old Fitbit problem of only sending information one way. On Garmin connect it syncs and shows my updated calories (which it grabs from MFP), but MFP does not get the activity data from Garmin connect to adjust the calories on MFP. :(

Hopefully its sorted out soon. Hate to return this.

There is a mfp setting that you must check, to allow negative entries. When you check it, it'll all work.