Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Went to the goodwill last night in hopes of finding some cheap jeans, since my size 14's are starting to fall off me. I bought a pair of 8's!!! Granted they were gap and stretchy, and they give me quite the muffin top right now...but I can button them and the belly will be out of the way soon. Funny thing is that the size 13 pants I have in my closet from a few years back, I still can't button! Lol. I wish sizes didn't vary so much between brands.

That's awesome! I wore some size 12's to work yesturday ppl were like "hey you're losing weight"
    lol...guess they don't notice when I hide it in the same clothes from 20lbs ago :wink:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I started P90X last night too and I'm feeling my workout today. :happy:

Have a great day everyone!

Karen
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Karen

I love P90x! I need to hurry up and get my copy back!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options

Karen

I love P90x! I need to hurry up and get my copy back!!

Rach - ask me next week how I'm liking it....lol

I tried it last year with my boyfriend and I whined so much he politely suggested I try another type of workout. This time around I am doing it alone as he is into a lifting program. Last night at bedtime he told me how proud he isof me for trying it again in addition to my lunchhour workouts.

I have such a great support team, my boyfriend, my daughter and all of you wonderful ladies.

Thank you

Karen
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday, it was a crazy weekend, and this weekend will be even crazier! Still at 142, but the scale has been dipping down sometimes and never up, so I'm pretty happy with that :)
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Rain kept me from actually GOING to the gym this AM but did get in Cardio X and Ab Ripper X for my 90x morning workout in. Totally in love with the new shoes I picked up at FInish Line. Nike Lunar Swifts...amazing...and they are gray and purple sooo cute!! Hope everyone's morning is starting out on the right foot!! Rain, rain go away!!
  • sugarskull5
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES .......CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO'S BEEN LOSING THOSE POUNDS
  • jldodd
    Options
    No change for me. Still 171. Guess that's good considering how bad I've been.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost. And keep going to everyone that didn't (including myself) :)
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    We're all doing so well can't believe our combined loss! Rach great job on the table as always! Can't believe we're into week 5 already. Wishing everyone a great week ahead!
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job Ladies!! Super excited to be part of this group!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    What a cool group!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hello lovely pin-ups,

Hope everyone is doing well today.

The chart looks great. You're a star Rach for putting this together!
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling super blue today and am on the verge of raiding the fridge. I'm buried in a project that got thrown at me at work and the frustrations that came along with it have got me in the worst "distress stage" of culture shock since I arrived in Quito two years ago.

My husband is working nights this week, leaving me all alone to clean out the cupboards and hide all the evidence before anyone could ever know. It's really hard to be over 3,000 miles away from all of your family and friends. And judging by our financial situation, I won't be moving closer to them anytime soon.

Sometimes I feel like I am completely out of control with my eating. I feel down, and I "have to", "HaVe To", "HAVE TO" gobble up everything in sight.....

....the reason why I've gone from 175lbs to 123 to 145 to 130 to 164 to 140 to 155 and back to 140. Will I ever get a grip?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Great job everyone. I stayed the same, but I'm afraid after 3 days of catered meals at a conference, I'm going to be up next week. At least I can be proud of all of you!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Malpal I'm sorry things are so stressful for you. Instead of raiding the fridge can you take your frustrations out in a workout of some sort? I'm thinking of you. HUGS
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Grrrr I hate my digital scale. I can step on it 3 times in a row and it's different everytime. Varying 6 or more lbs!

Eeeeek my stupid digital scale is the same way :/ My wii scale is the most accurate.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Watching Biggest Loser =)

"Don't drink your calories" - this is way I'm glad I mainly drink plain old water =) I like to save my cals for food but I do have my daily protein shake/meal replacement shake!
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Malpal I'm sorry things are so stressful for you. Instead of raiding the fridge can you take your frustrations out in a workout of some sort? I'm thinking of you. HUGS

I did go a bit carb-wild and ate 3 granola bars and 3 peices of toast with butter, going waaaaay beyond my calorie goal for the day (but nothing compared to some of my past binges). Then I read your message, cried a bit, and went for an hour walk and did a 30 minute kickboxing video, so in the end I finished the day 276 calories over goal, but it could have been much worse.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and encouragement, Jenn! I really needed those HUGS and the reminder that I don't have to fall back into old patterns and I CAN make this a permanent lifestyle change. Thanks again--you are too sweet!! :flowerforyou:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! congrats to all on your successes thus far, everyone's doing so awesome! i was off last week and while i got some exercise in, the eating part def could've been better. i was actually somewhat glad to get back to work and back into a schedule. i ordered and received my TurboFire this week and am officially starting it Oct 1st! i lost about 6 lbs in a month of doing TurboJam, and if i could actually get myself to eat better i think i'd have lost a tad bit more. here's hoping by nov 1st i'll be well into the 160's!