Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Misskatieanne - congrats!!

Rach - you can defnitely tell! What a great feeling! And thanks for sharing that info on the BMR and calorie count. I did mine last night and it shows I should be eating around 1800.

Cina - that's fanatstic! Start looking now then when you get there you just need his credit card!!

Can't believe it's Friday already! I've not been great with training this week - had a chest infection so was really limited with what I could do and went over my cals at the weekend. Went to a class last night and first thing this morning and tomorrow doing a Body Combat class (has anyone done one of these before?) so am getting back into the swing.

It's birthday's all around me at the moment which means dinners out and drinks so it's extra tough to be disciplined with myself. I did get another dress though for a party tomorrow and it's a size smaller so it wasn't a one off when I bought one the other day in another shop :happy:

Good luck with keeping on track this weekend and see you at weigh in on Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Miss Katie!!

And my mom is bringing me a bustle dress that I wore for a play in high school, so that my boyfriend and I can be a cute couple (he's going for a Doc Holliday look) when we go out with friends on the 30th. Since I'm now at 150lbs, which is the weight I was in JUNIOR HIGH, it should fit...unless it's too small in the bust! :tongue: But my mom actually made the dress, so hopefully we can do a fitting while she's here visiting and adjust where possible. I'll post pics, but it won't be til mid-October.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for our Halloween party, but now my husband and I have decided to go as Willy Wonka and Violet from the original Gene Wilder movie. So I'll be making myself bigger if I can figure out how. :laugh:
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Rach-- That outfit is adorable! Are those your new size 8s?? You're lookin good. And congrats on the arm buttons. Arms are my problem area too, and I can't wait to be able to wear sleeves without elastic in them!!

Cina-- LOVE your new profile pic. Very cute bikini. Congrats on all the compliments. You deserve them!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rach-- That outfit is adorable! Are those your new size 8s?? You're lookin good. And congrats on the arm buttons. Arms are my problem area too, and I can't wait to be able to wear sleeves without elastic in them!!

I know! My arms have always been big in proportion to the rest of me. Just one of the many awesome traits I get from my mom. :laugh:

And no those aren't my 8's. Those give me too much muffin top right now, but for a couple bucks at the goodwill, I got them anyway. I need to go to target and see if I can fit in some 12's or maybe even 10's! The one's in the picture are 14's and they're falling down constantly!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I got in another one of those 'I feel so fat' moods yesterday, but today I found another set of pictures that really show how far I've come. I keep a folder of these comparison pics to help motivate me when I feel like I haven't changed or that I'm so far away from my goal.

holycrap.jpg
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got in another one of those 'I feel so fat' moods yesterday, but today I found another set of pictures that really show how far I've come. I keep a folder of these comparison pics to help motivate me when I feel like I haven't changed or that I'm so far away from my goal.

WOW! That's all I can say!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    WOW! That's all I can say!

Haha thanks! I can't stop looking at it. I had noooo idea I had gotten that big. That shirt is now safety pinned in the back to make it fit tighter! lol
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Those pictures are another reason that pics and measurements make a big difference. I've lost 30lbs, but i didn't drop a pants size until just recently, and it's probably not even a whole size. I lost most of that 30lbs in my stomach!!! The pants size not changing had been really bugging me here lately...seeing the number on the scale go down, but pants fitting the same. Goes to show our body doesn't necessarily lose it where we think it would!
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow Rach, your pix are awsome!!
  • Kristin77
    Options
    Wow Rach you are looking good. Great Work!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    My sister saw that picture and asked me if I thought I was in the 80's, with the leggings and green shorts. She said 'I hope you're not wearing leg warmers!' LOL!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Don't forget to sign-up for our league on introplay.com before monday! It goes through the month of october!
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had a couple people request it, so I started another league on Introplay.com.

This one will run for the month of October, and it starts on Monday....so hurry and sign up!

RachVR6 - What is the idea of the league on introplay? Is it similar to this?
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Great photos Rach. Photos are always so motivating!

Thanks for the reminder about the scale and the size.

I have over 600 minutes of exercise this week and I peeked on the scale and no change :( However I did notice my jeans were not as snug yesterday.

Victories and success are not always measured in pounds.

Have a great day ladies!

Karen
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Very excited to weigh in for week six. Havent gotten on the scale since last weeks whopping .4 lbs lost. Really hoping to see 131 or below.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay, I had a couple people request it, so I started another league on Introplay.com.

This one will run for the month of October, and it starts on Monday....so hurry and sign up!

RachVR6 - What is the idea of the league on introplay? Is it similar to this?

It only tracks your exercise, and it gives you points. Just to make a little competition.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Been MIA lately....we are out of town. Will be for about 6 days. I am at my bro-in-laws house and there is not one fruit or veg in the house! I am def going grocery shopping today! On a good note though, they have an awesome elliptical here at their house that they hardly use.....I will be getting some good use out of it for sure! Went for a run around their neighborhood this morning. It was sooo nice.

So, I will not be weighing in tomorrow as I do not trust their scale. It is different than mine and I will not be home until Saturday.
    So I will just have no loss for this week. I will make up for it next week I hope.
    You ladies have a great day!

Dani
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Time to weigh in.

down to 165 this week (the loss is over two weeks though cos I missed the last week)

only 11lb more and I'll officially be a healthy BMI :happy:
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 178.5, so its going down slowly but surely! well done to everyone - keep up the good work! xx