Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Morning Beautiful Girls!

What a great day today in South Alabama! It is actually starting to feel like Autumn. There is a nice breeze. : )
    I can't wait to start running in this cooler weather. It also reminds me that my deadline to hit my goal weight is coming up.
    I want to be at goal by Thanksgiving to wow my extended family. If I get pretty close I will be happy!

Have a great day ladies and keep up the good work. I love this group!

Dani
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies

dani - with your stamina and determination I know you will achieve your goal. You are quite an inspiration.

It's fall here in Ottawa as well and our Thanksgivining is less than two weeks away. Tonight is visit night with my daughter (she is with her father this week) and we are going to go and buy pumpkins and corn stalks and decorate the house for Thanksgiving and I'm sure she will want to put out a few Halloween items.

Have a great day everyone and keep your eyes on the prize!

Karen
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I HIT MY MINI-GOAL THIS MORNING!!! (I need a dancing smiley right here!) ONLY FIVE MORE POUNDS!! I CAN TASTE IT!!!!

I'm sure I'll fluctuate back up, as that's just how our bodies work, but I'm ecstatic none-the-less. :D
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Morning ladies!! Hope everyone's HUMP DAY is going well!!

I'm a little nervous. I ate my lunch early thinking I had meetings all morning only to be switched into a lunch meeting at a DELICIOUS restaurant in town that I never go to on my own!! I'm definitely glad to go to a business meeting for lunch instead but wish I hadn't already ate my lunch calories!!

Guess I'll be hitting 90x EXTRA hard tonight!!! Yoswer!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

dani - with your stamina and determination I know you will achieve your goal. You are quite an inspiration.

Thanks Pandora! You are quite the motivator! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey all. My eating has been off and on so far this week. Mix between being tired and just giving into the temptation/laziness. I want to try and run again tonight, but maybe go a different route that has sidewalks...see if that helps my shins at all. I broke down and cried after my run on Monday. It's so hard to push yourself to do better when it's just so painful. I'm working on getting my copy of P90x back because that I can do without any pain (except the right kind of soreness :wink: ).

I have a new goal set! Most of my family (Dad, Sister & her hubby, older brother, and younger brother) are talking about coming to Texas to see me and my other sister & her family, in January!!! I'm so excited. I've been missing them a lot, but had no idea when I'd ever have the money to go home and see them. So January is about 15weeks or so away. (CRAZY I know!!!) So, I'd like to lose at least 15lbs by the time I see them. That'd put me at roughly 160!!!! Virtually unrecognizable to them! lol They haven't seen me since I was 185 or so. Time to bust my butt!!
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Pixie - Woot! Congrats on meeting your mini-goal! :drinker:

Rach - that is a great incentive to help you with your goal. I can't imagine living far away from my family! :flowerforyou:

Karen
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Is a HRM really worth it? If so... what one is best... while being the cheapest? haha
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Is a HRM really worth it? If so... what one is best... while being the cheapest? haha

I think it's worth it. I got the Polar F6, the green tea one. I loooove it!!! Granted it was $100, but I talked my bf at the time into buying it for me for my birthday. It's the one with the chest strap and everything. It's really accurate and it's really helped me push harder.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ran on the trails here in town today. Shins feel a TON better. I think the pain is coming more from my extreeemely tight calves now. My legs are almost never fully extended. I sit all day at work and sit all night when I'm not working out. I'm trying to stand more at work...get up and go to the printer for each thing i need to copy/fax/scan instead of standing there with a stack, etc.

Also I've been lucky to run 6 of the 8 runs on the first week of C25K the last 2 weeks, but I ran all 8 today AND tacked one on the end to catch up to my bf who had sprinted ahead (that boy is fast!). And I did them all without really struggling to push through. It helps when there's a bunch of other people running/walking/biking past you. Helps me stay focused on the end result.

I'm so happy!! :happy:
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Great to hear Rach! The cambor on the road caused me some IT band issues last year. Listen to your body and modify when you have to that's the key!

Karen
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options

I think it's worth it. I got the Polar F6, the green tea one. I loooove it!!! Granted it was $100, but I talked my bf at the time into buying it for me for my birthday. It's the one with the chest strap and everything. It's really accurate and it's really helped me push harder.

Yeah, I got the Polar FT4, about $100 as well, but definitely worth it. I lost 4lbs the first week with it :happy:
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Good morning Pin-ups! I love reading that chart!

I came across this clothing site yesterday and I thought I'd post it up. The clothes are SOOOO cute! Some of you may already know about it, but I had never seen it before. I was looking for something pin-up-ish for Halloween that I could wear to my husbands work, (you know, something cute/a little sexy without all my bits hanging out ;-o). Anyway, it's obviously not all Halloween stuff and these women definitely celebrate their curves so I thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/

Wow! This site is AMAZING! I can't wait till I feel confident that I can wear these awesome dresses! Thanks for sharing :) And great idea for Halloween too!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Went to the goodwill last night in hopes of finding some cheap jeans, since my size 14's are starting to fall off me. I bought a pair of 8's!!! Granted they were gap and stretchy, and they give me quite the muffin top right now...but I can button them and the belly will be out of the way soon. Funny thing is that the size 13 pants I have in my closet from a few years back, I still can't button! Lol. I wish sizes didn't vary so much between brands.

I agree with you on the size variation. It's SO rediculous. But congrats on buying size 8! That's pretty amazing :)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I had a mini victory yesterday. I put on a shirt that I have worn maybe once. It has short sleeves that button at the bottom and they were faaaaaar from buttoning last time I wore it. Last night they buttoned! A little snug but they did! I happen to have an old pic of me in that shirt and I'll take a new one in it and post them tonight. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay, I had a couple people request it, so I started another league on Introplay.com.

This one will run for the month of October, and it starts on Monday....so hurry and sign up!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    So I don't know how much I'm gonna lose this week. It's Thursday and there has been no change so far. This week as been wacky tough because of my change in calorie intake and workouts with the P90X, I'm not going to get frustrated though, I took my measurments earlier this week and I'm just going to keep plugging along and stick with it. We'll see what Monday brings.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So I don't know how much I'm gonna lose this week. It's Thursday and there has been no change so far. This week as been wacky tough because of my change in calorie intake and workouts with the P90X, I'm not going to get frustrated though, I took my measurments earlier this week and I'm just going to keep plugging along and stick with it. We'll see what Monday brings.

My weight always seems to get 'stuck' when I make a drastic change to my exercise or calories...but usually after a week I start losing again.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same at the moment. Think i've hit a plateau blah :-( 24 lbs down, 35 (ish) to go. And nothing much is happening at the mo. Have just introduced 2 new dvds to my workouts, so got 5 on rotation. am hoping that I'll see some difference next week. Need to get into the 170s properly!

Off to do level 2 of 30 Day Shred, get a good sweat on!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Whenever I get stuck, I take another look at my calorie goal and how much I've been eating. I came to realize that if I eat 1200cal I will NOT lose weight. I found that eating 1400-1600 (before exercise cals) works best for me. And on days I do exercise I normally shoot for no more than 1800. We're all different so you have to see what works for you.

Also, when I DID try and eat 1200cal a day, I found that it was a lot easy for me to go over that goal, which in turn resulted in a binge. I'd get so upset that I 'screwed up', that I'd say heck with it and eat whatever I wanted for the rest of that day.

Now, even if I go over my calorie goal, I know that if I ate 1850 a day I would maintain, so as long as I keep what goes in (minus exercise cals) under that 1850, I don't sweat it. :flowerforyou: