All the Morbidly Obese say hi!

Options
1235»

Replies

• AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I totally get where you are coming from. I am a medical provider and tired of being a hypocrite. Time to take my own advice. Good luck!!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 90 pounds so yeah, way overweight here too.
  • kurviekutie
    kurviekutie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @Starfish 1277 ... Tell me more about the arm band!
  • kurviekutie
    kurviekutie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @ Starfish... Tell me more about the arm band!

Sorry for duplicate post
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    Apparently I'm actually "super obese." That's not a comic book hero who looks bad in tights, it's the next classification above morbid obesity (yes, that exists). The good news is, I used to be "super super obese," yes, two supers and not the good kind. In 20 more pounds I will have dropped into the morbid obese category. So, there is that.
    You are not alone.. I didn't even know there was such a thing until I was looking to find out when I would fall below morbidly obese. It was kind of a slap in the face (a much needed one) that caused some painful (and again, needed) reflection on my part. Hang in there. Those 20 lbs are do-able. Then you can attack the next 20.
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    Hi all.

Im at 154,1 kilos (thats 339,5 lbs) now. With my weight, I know I will never be thin. So I have set MFP to loose 97 lbs (44 kilos). I would LOVE to be that skinny. If you want to give and receive support, then feel free to add me as a friend.

(Because Im from Denmark, Im not very good at English. But I do my best). :-)
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello ~

Please feel free to add me. The road ahead is a long one but together, we all can do this.
  • AlexisSpiros
    AlexisSpiros Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello from Germany~

I'm Alex and am currently at 128 kilos (282 lbs roughly), so I have a lot of weight to lose. This is the first post on here that really struck me and made me post a reply. I'm generally very shy and very self-conscious about my weight, so I kinda feel intimidated by all the fit people that are on here too. I used to be at 300 lbs some three years ago and managed to lose almost 40 by just checking my calorie intake and exercising almost every day. Sadly, I got a little too proud of the result and stopped watching what and how much I eat.

Additionally, I'm struggling with an eating disorder and recurrent depression, so it's really a struggle for me (it's hard to find the motivation for exercise if already getting out of bed is a fight you're trying to win). A friend from the US made me join here when she learned I'm trying to use weight. If anyone wants to friend me, please go ahead, I won't bite :) I'd be very happy to make some friends in the English speaking community (the German one is terrifying, lol, they're all so strict about numbers and the dos and don'ts, I feel constantly judged).

How about we all just win this fight against obesity together :)
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have a long road ahead of me and am fully aware that it cannot be done overnight. If you're in it for the long haul, please feel free to add me, as I can use all the support and motivation one can stand! Best of luck to all of you! :-)
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    (Because Im from Denmark, Im not very good at English. But I do my best). :-)

Your English is just fine! Min danske sprog skill er ikke så godt! :smile:
  • FortWildernessLoopy
    FortWildernessLoopy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a severe cold this week so I haven't been eating 6 times a day (I will definitely get back on track when this had run it's course) anyhow, did you know there are 15 freaking calories in a cough drop? REALLY?!? That just seems like kicking someone when they're down. I am so treating myself to some mini cadbury eggs next week *grumble*
  • bllhffmn
    bllhffmn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a member of the M.O. club too. Let's all ditch this club a.s.a.p. I'm trying a new approach for me....one change at a time. First was ditching the pop and snack food. Next was starting to count my calories. Limiting carbs will be step 3. Good luck to all of you.
    Hit me up for support. I can use some too.