Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Tall starts when I stand next to Sin
    Meanie!!! :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Morning, Seth! :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisterly
    One of the head dudes where I work is 6' 9" . That's probably where tall starts.
    He sounds like a small person .-.

Fixed. Before I get ban hammered.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Somewhere north of me. That's all I know.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Tall starts when I stand next to Sin
    Meanie!!! :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Morning, Seth! :flowerforyou:

Morning Sammie. :smooched: :smooched:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    I'm tall. In spirit :tongue:

This counts.
  • Sinisterly
    I'm tall. In spirit :tongue:

This counts.
    ...apparently:

ca18712c598eab9205383edd9fb33609.png
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Can you see the dust on top of your refrigerator? Tall

Are you constantly looking up inside other people's noses? Short.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    I have been called tall before, and I'm 5' 7 1/2", but I do have long legs so I think I look taller than I am. I don't consider myself to be tall, more like an average height. I think 5'9" and taller is tall.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    I'd say a solid definition would be from Tall Clubs International. For men to join they need to be 6'2" and for women they need to be 5'10" in order to join.

But my perspective is skewed. I'm over 6 feet tall and I this 5'7" is a pretty normal height.

However, this topic is kind of silly. I believe you should define yourself how you like and appreciate your body at whatever height.
  • Sinisterly

What if I have a mini fridge :sad:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    id punch several members of my family in the throat to be 6'3, im only 6'
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member

That sums it up pretty well.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Tall starts at the 67th percentile of the ambient population.
    Short ends at the 33rd percentile of the ambient population.

JMHO.

By the way, has this forum decided on an official cutoff for manlet status?
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    My Wela was 4'10" and I'm 5'1.5" and she referred to me as "tall" :laugh: .so I think it depends on the person's perspective.
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    For modeling, you have to be 5'7" for women at a minimum. I am 5'7" and tower over a lot of women. I would say 5'7" for women and 5'11" for men.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Depends, when in a room full of Harlem Globetrotters, I would be considered very short at 6'3"
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    im 5'11. which i consider tall for a girl.
    but with my height i either get omg your so tall. or i get told im just average sized.

id defiantly say 6'5 for a man
    and 6" for a woman
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    When you have to buy pants that end in T, lol
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    As for men, in clothing sizes, length of torso and arms is taken into account when fitting a suit. Usually men need to go into tall at about 6' although some are there at 5'11'' others at 6'2". I know this as I was a clothier for mens suits for about 15 years. For women, it is more leg length. I am about 5'8' and can wear either, so I always have to try pants on, my daughter at 5'10" is always struggling as she wears small and there is precious little available in tall at that size.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    For women-5'9 and above.

For men- 6'2 and above.

I'm 5'11 and have a 35 inch inseam.
  • ctina197six
    ctina197six Posts: 379 Member
    I am 5'9" and I am always referred to as tall, my daughter is 5'8" and gets the same thing.. for Men I would have to say over 6'2" , my ex is 6' (maybe ) and thinks hes tall, but if I have heels on, I am above him.. So women 5'8" & men 6'2" but I think it has to go to the average in the area.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I am 5'7" and my wife is 5'10"..... she wore 4 inch heels on our wedding day.

I said my vows to her bewbs. Which was fine, because they are what brought us together anyway.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    I'm 5'8". A tall guy would be 5'10" and up.

I think tall girls start at 5'7" and up.

I've dated girls as tall as 6'. loved it when she wore heels and was about 6'4". Legs for miles...
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    As for men, in clothing sizes, length of torso and arms is taken into account when fitting a suit. Usually men need to go into tall at about 6' although some are there at 5'11'' others at 6'2". I know this as I was a clothier for mens suits for about 15 years. For women, it is more leg length. I am about 5'8' and can wear either, so I always have to try pants on, my daughter at 5'10" is always struggling as she wears small and there is precious little available in tall at that size.

Precious little in large waist sizes for women with an inseam of 33" or more. I do know that places like The Buckle carry inseams that are quite long and custom hem them, just not over a size 16. I rarely find anything in physical stores that I can make work, and online isn't a whole lot better... Places keep discontinuing the items I do find :(