Weighing in 1 day a week vs every day

Options
124»

Replies

• StraightEdgeBB
    Options
    Once a week ... why? i set my diet properly now, so not need change anything, jusť check my progress - and week period is right time for that (1 day is not enough for me, and more then week is too much)

first days (weeks) of diet, it is different - i weight myself every 2-3 days for set kcal (fats,carbs,proteins) right ..
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and record it every day, up and down. Best way to see the overall picture for me is to see the ups and the downs.
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh daily... I like to record it in my spreadsheet and watch the overall trend

this is what 8 months and 30kg (66pounds) looks like :)

e60aa76f-318c-47f5-9f6c-c5c30d3670ad_zps1ee06c0f.jpg
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a Friday morning, so I know whether I should treat myself over the weekend, plus then it gives me the rest of the week to do damage control
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I first started my effort to lose weight and become healthier and more fit, I pretty much didn't weigh myself at all -- I just ate less and exercised more. Then, after losing about 3 dress sizes without weighing myself, I went to the doc for a routine check-up and she told me how much I had lost. After that, I started weighing myself about once a month. I've never weighed myself more often than every two or three weeks. I'm sure I had ups or downs in the meantime, but I knew I was on the right trajectory because I was eating less and exercising more and because my clothes fit (or got too big) and I felt great. When I did weigh myself, I was consistently down many pounds. I'm sure I hit the dreaded plateau in there at some point, but I didn't sweat it because I wasn't weighing myself all of the time. Honestly, I think even once a week weigh-ins aren't necessary and might tend to contribute to a number fixation that can be extraordinarily discouraging and unhelpful in the larger process. I'm down over 102 lbs from my heaviest and have been maintaining successfully for a few months now. That's my experience, but it might be a helpful way to approach the scale for others as well.