Getting blamed for someone else's overeating

Options
124»

Replies

• Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    nearly 2 months ago on super bowl sunday, I bought queso cheese dip. we ate it over a few days. my aunt had a little bit of it. Fast forward to last week. There was Queso in the fridge. yesterday there was a giant jar, almost all eaten. i had barely had any. Last night my family told me I was the one at fault for my aunt overeating it this past week. I just do not understand how I can be to blame just because I bought it nearly 2 months ago. It seems me buying it made her want it 2 months later and she didn't have enough will power not to buy it.

That's a ridiculous reason to blame her binge on you.
    I wonder why your family is being so rude at you... the excuse itself is just ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense.
    There is clearly no connection between your actions and hers.
    Buy your own mini fridge or buy small packages and eat them by your own, but seriously, I wouldn't feel so happy living in a place in which I can be blamed for someone else's actions.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, in another thread, said aunt is complaining about her niece sabotaging her and not being supportive of her "journey."

^^This
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Move out.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Finally! A perspective from someone getting blamed as a saboteur.

Personally, I'd get blamed once and then I would buy 20 jars of it and put it all over the house. She needs to learn self control and stop blaming others.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I once saw a commercial for Pringles chips... 10 years ago... and it's true, once you start, you can't stop. I'm going to sue.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I used to edit short stories. You're first line about Super Bowl, etc., is superfluous, thus my confusion.

As I see it, here is the sequence of events:

1. OP buys queso dip for the Super Bowl. The dip is eaten up.

2. Aunt buys giant container of queso dip herself, 2 months later, and binges on it.

3. OP is blamed for having bought queso dip 2 months earlier, thus somehow "priming" her aunt for the binge.

OP, could you clarify whether that's what happened? Who bought the giant container of queso most recently?

From the OP:
    she didn't have enough will power not to buy it.

So, from what I gather, the aunt bought it, ate it, and it's the OP's fault.

This. I thought OP's explanation was crystal clear.

OP, just because you live with someone doesn't mean you don't have the right to keep foods you like in the house. Your aunt needs to grow up and stop blaming you for her shortcomings. I'd order a pizza, sit down on the sofa, and eat it in front of her. Maybe even offer her a slice. Not nice, but if she's going to blame you, you might as well earn the blame.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Just buy a mini fridge for your room. Around August places start putting them on sale for college students shopping to go to school, so you can get one really cheap if you can wait until then.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Personally, I'd get blamed once and then I would buy 20 jars of it and put it all over the house. She needs to learn self control and stop blaming others.

And this!!!! Buy a ton of junk and put the junk foods all over the House! Lol!!!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with PinkRaindropJacki on this one, it is not your fault that your Aunt ate the treat
    now, i would purchase a small fridge for my bedroom. However, you may not be able to do so.

It is about time your Aunt learned a bit of control over her own mouth and her own body--you really have some miserable relatives!!!

Don't feel badly and don't change, your weight is controlled because you know how to have a treat but not consume it all at one time---don't even think about giving up your goodies.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

fracking genius.

I love it.