A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'm a pilot and professional string bassist.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I listen to pretty heavy metal/rock.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i use to be a Auto Technician at a oil change place for 5 1/2 years!!! I know a lot about cars! ;-)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Although my skin colour is very similar to a chinese person I am actually a 1/8 Jamaican and 7/8 chinese... Majority of people do not believe me but strangely almost all black females that have come across me know that I am not 100% chinese... probs cause I have slight afro going on in my hair :bigsmile:

my son is 1/2 black, a quarter Irish and a quarter puerto rican and hes your same color!! Love mixes, you never know what they will come out looking like!!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    That I'm a "tomboy" I would rather be playing in the dirt than at a salon.
    That I raise 2 kids without support or help from the government, and without help from family since they live 23 hours away.
    I am lonely.
    I smile all the time as a defense mechanism. I don't like to complain about my life so I don't want people to ask what's wrong. However, smiling makes the day a bit better.
    I am still really close with a majority of my friend group from high school.
    I can sing, but I rarely sing in front of people. I get embarrassed when I get praised for it.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was an addict - 10 years clean!
    I was in a closed campus rehab and anger therapy.
    I grew up in the country.
    I did this all on my own!
    My child with ADHD is top of his class!
  • SloRose
    SloRose Posts: 67
    Options
    That I'm an addict (2 years 8 months clean)
    That I like reading self help books
    That I really actually enjoy smoking cigarettes (EVEN THOUGH I'M QUITTING MONDAY, DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY)
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have ITP with leukemia, been in remission for a long time :)
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That I am childfree by choice and generally not a fan of spending time with children (especially babies).

No I don't hate them. But there's nothing about me that would suggest that I am hardcore, militant-serious about NEVER becoming a parent ever, never would have dated a parent, and so on...

Same thing with me being agnostic.

You're not alone. I'm childfree by choice and an atheist.

+1

Also, people usually are shocked by the music I like. Apparently wearing a nice dress with a lot of flowers and full of colors and always wear heels isn't ok if you like your music at a not healthy volume and your favorite musicians are Marylin Manson or NIN or System of a down.
  • bethcox16
    bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    that i have a phobia of sand and have barely walked 5 steps on it in my whole life
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    That I am obsessed with hunting...
    especially for Coues Whitetail ...

and that I am a huge dork.. not video game per say, But medieval times... shows,SCA, Movies... things like that.

*edit for spelling ..
  • Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love 80's New Wave music
    and I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Harry Potter and Twilight(Team Edward!)
    Oh and yes, I'm tatted up.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I have b*tchy resting face so I can look pissed but I'm usually really happy
    I'm terrified of fish. Flipping terrified. Can't even look at the ones in the meat dept at the store...
    I play the piano
    I'm really terribly insecure
    I spend a lot of time making sure my grandma is OK and trying to take care of her
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That I was a real hard(ish) core punk in the 1980s in California, slamming and screaming my lungs out to Ramones and X and others, every Friday night. I'm still a punk (in my heart!), but now I look more like a schoolteacher.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I was a single mom, while going to college and working 2 jobs.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Jacwhite22 O_o I don't watch pokemon.
  • germanveg
    germanveg Posts: 15
    Options
    Here are the things people have been surprised about, whether or not they're interesting :D

1) I'm a German expat (I sound American).

2) I own a horse (this surprises people because I live in a downtown high rise).

3) I have NEVER tried a cigarette, smoked pot, or tried any sort of street drugs. No tattoos, either. :o Even when I was encouraged to experiment and be more wild by my parents, I never did (maybe it was my way of rebelling? lol).

4) I'm Atheist/Agnostic but I love Christmas and Easter.

5) I'm extremely shy. People always tell me they had no idea I'd be so nice because I look so "stuck up". o.O

6) I love Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Firefly.

*Sorry so long!*
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    That I have 26 piercings and 8 tattoos... and I have more planned ;)
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My actual weight.. and that I only got my first tattoo less than a year ago.. I guess most people assume that I'm a "punk rock princess"
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    That I LOVE video games