A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The worst injury I've ever had was due to a tackle in rugby. And no, I didn't break in half thank you very much :laugh:

I was born strawberry blonde then *poof* it turned near-black.

I get asked all the time if I'm a dancer. Considering I can't even touch my toes, ima say no...
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I started with a Glock 19. But with my wardrobe that was hard to carry, so I went with a .380 Ruger and a garter holster (I always wear below the knee skirts)

Same as what I carry now, but with an IWB holster...very nice ;)

So there's that. Nerd. Horror movie lover. Dirty mind/talk like a sailor. Lift like a she beast listening to metal. Apparently I look "wholesome and sweet".

This thread has been entertaining to read.
  • KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That I will be 50 in May and that I have an identical twin sister.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People are surprised also that I'm an atheist.

I'm bisexual

I'm also a twin (my twin is a brother).

Also, I still get carded at age 36 and the drinking age is 19 here.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    That I am childfree by choice and generally not a fan of spending time with children (especially babies).

No I don't hate them. But there's nothing about me that would suggest that I am hardcore, militant-serious about NEVER becoming a parent ever, never would have dated a parent, and so on...

That's how I felt... and then I had two of my own. However, as much as I love my kids, I still shy away when someone tries to hand me a baby, saying, "Isn't he/she/it cute?" I try not to respond, "I like puppies."

ETA: MY kids.... just my kids. :happy:

Me too. I was not going to have any kids, then at the age of 28, I had my only child. I only have patience and tolerance for my child, nobody else's lol.

Just keep reminding yourselves that the grandkids will be worth it (they are too)

"If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first."
    -Lois Wyse
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    None of you can see me, but I look like a fairly stereotypical nerd with a bit more muscle mass than the archetypal image. Now for the things people wouldn't guess:

- I've been in three fist fights as an adult and held my own in all of them
    - I lived for two years in a... let's say very low-income apartment building (with no problems)
    - I love punk and classic metal, Iggy Pop is one of my idols
    - I was pretty much a complete burnout/slacker ages 15-20

I am a big fan of Mr Osterburg myself.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    I'm an adrenaline junkie.
    I'm a bit of a smartass
    I love dressing up...all the time, but would play in the mud if I could.
    I don't know much Spanish...am not Spanish...but secretly love Mexican club-style dance music.
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I train in kickboxing/muay thai and am preparing for my first fight.
    I am 170 pounds, but people usually guess around 150 because of my build.
    I talk like I'm cocky, but once I open up to people they find out I'm insecure.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    People would probably be shocked if they found out I actually am not that confident.
    I get carded a lot. People are often surprised that I'm over 18. They definitely don't guess that I'm over 21 often.
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    I eat French fries. My IQ is 139. I am very shy!
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That I'm a true old school gentleman. I have tattoos, piercings (including my septum), I wear clothes with skulls, listen to metal (among other type of music), I'm sarcastic and kind of an a***ole at times, yet there's not a single time I wouldn't hold the door for a woman, pull the chair for her, walk on the street side, kind of put my arm around her while crossing the streets, open the car's door for her, and anything of that matters
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    That I have exactly 0 tattoos
    That I used to be a suit
    That I'm probably smarter than you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Well since it happes all the time I guess I can say no one in real life believes I'm old enough to have a 25 yr old but I am. Nice NSV.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I only relax when in the mountains so my "holidays" consist of walking about 10miles a day in the hills and I own an ice axe and crampons.
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    That I have exactly 0 tattoos
    That I used to be a suit
    That I'm probably smarter than you.
    A two button or 3 button suit? Trololol!
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No tattoos
    Been with the same woman for 23 years and I am 36.
    I am 5'10" and my wife is 5" taller than me.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Folks can't guess my age,
    or that I can speak Spanish fluently.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am a lady genius in disguise :tongue:

I can speak and read 3 languages in asian countries and speak 4 different dialects of Chinese :wink:
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That I compete at the highest level in an olympic sport and have medals from continental championships.
  • missySchell
    missySchell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    that I am terrified the world will look at me the same way I do