A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time I was sick...knock on wood.

I have two sons, ages 29 and 19.

I imagine plants having feelings. :flowerforyou:
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    That my son is 21 this year.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    That I'm actually pretty fit. I'm still overweight, so to people who don't know me that's all they see. I've blown a few of my college classmates away when I'm all like "yeah, I ran 10 miles today". :happy:
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That I am a truck driver and love taking care of chickens. Also that I had my very first drink yesterday morning on my 21st birthday
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    That I have 2 kids!

That before I became a SAHM I was a nuclear engineer.

That I met my husband playing WoW. :laugh:
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    That I am very shy... :-/
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That I have 22 tattoos (you see none of them) & have experience doing them as well.

Also I speed read & retain 75% or more of what I read (I can finish 2 - 350+ books in a day & write you a report on each) but I'm dyslexic and nearly blind.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and have an 18 year old daughter.
  • deucemon69
    deucemon69 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    -Have a motorcycle license even though I don't own a motorcycle
    -Very intorverted. Though if you are my friend I can talk their head off.
    -Get intimidated by women who I find attractive.
    -Love playing Skylanders with my wife and by myself. I want to collect the characters as much as my son...lol
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    People are always surprised to find out that 'm super outdoorsy, was fat for a few years, and was very wild in my younger years.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    That I am childfree by choice and generally not a fan of spending time with children (especially babies).

No I don't hate them. But there's nothing about me that would suggest that I am hardcore, militant-serious about NEVER becoming a parent ever, never would have dated a parent, and so on...

That's how I felt... and then I had two of my own. However, as much as I love my kids, I still shy away when someone tries to hand me a baby, saying, "Isn't he/she/it cute?" I try not to respond, "I like puppies."

ETA: MY kids.... just my kids. :happy:

Me too. I was not going to have any kids, then at the age of 28, I had my only child. I only have patience and tolerance for my child, nobody else's lol.

Just keep reminding yourselves that the grandkids will be worth it (they are too)

"If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first."
    -Lois Wyse

that's actually kind of offensive. Like telling a gay man that being with a woman is worth it or something. Dafuq
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I love my dogs more than I love people :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Funny as it since this is MFP - however people are shocked by how much I weigh and what size clothes I wear. Apparently I carry my weight well :tongue: Even though I dis like it anyways lol

This. Also to find out I have 8 tattoos.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have been writing background, setup, characterization, plot, and sketching like crazy for five years - I'm about to start creating my own superhero comic books. Wish me luck!
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    That I'm very into Western and Martial Arts movies!

That I code html/xhtml
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    That I have a tattoo with the f word in it. And that I had multiple body piercings. Everyone, including all my daycare clients, think I am just this typical run of the mill girl next door type.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have been writing background, setup, characterization, plot, and sketching like crazy for five years - I'm about to start creating my own superhero comic books. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!! That's SUPER cool!!

I don't really write...but I've had these characters in my head for 13 years for a young adult novel and someday maybe I will churn it out, if only for my own amusement :-)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Let's see:
    - That I'm really 41, I keep being told that I look like I'm maybe 30
    - I have a CCW license and I do carry a gun
    - I am a professional bellydancer in spite of the fact that I am not thin at all
    - I have never had a boyfriend or been in love (not for a lack of effort on my part, but for the lack of interest on the part of the male population)
    - I am a shy introvert, especially with men (may be part of the above problem)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I took after my dad and have a crazy amount of grey hair for my age so I colour it every 4-6 weeks.

I love hard rock and metal, totally don't look it.

I am a very shy person.

I rarely ever drink.

I am a coffee snob.

Oh and most people are shocked to find out that I am not really a cat.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    -Most people tend to think I like newer rock music, or punk type of stuff but I actually only listen to 60's, 70's, ad 80's - I like classic rock.
    -I am actually pretty shy sometimes
    -I'm 24 (I think I look my age, but people seem to think I am younger)