Herbalife vs Advocare

Options

Replies

• sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Your best option is to go to your fireplace, put your money into it, and light it on fire.
    Invest that money in healthy produce, and learning how to change your habits to reach your goals. Products like those are only quick fixes, and can't replace the trial and error that comes with living a better lifestyle.

^^^This

Edited to say, the only thing I've ever tried of Advocare that I did like was the Spark. Not because it makes you lose weight, but it does boost your energy on days you would rather sit on the couch instead of get up and work out.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Please don't waste your money on this. Sorry to say there are no quick fixes to losing weight permanently. If there were MFP would have no subscribers! You may well lose a few pounds but the weight loss is rarely permanent. I am 50 years old and have tried every faddy diet, supplement etc known to man. The advice I offer you, for what it's worth, is eat good pure food (as unprocessed as possible), control your calories, keep as active as you can and be patient.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did the ADVOCARE 24 day challenge...and I'm new here...and I don't have many posts...and I don't have many friends, so some may discount what I have to say - but the point is I just finished the 24 day challenge a few weeks ago, and the lifestyle change it taught me allowed me to find THIS site, and showed me how easy it is to track what I eat...on this free site! So yeah, I would recomend ADVOCARE, but that being said I'm sure you, and myself, and everyone else can get the SAME exact results without using the products... I just find I try harder when I have something to lose - ie the money I spent on the products...

If you are someone like me who needs some sort of "boost" or call it what you will to get motivated, then sure, I would 100% recommend invensting in these productds - because the whole point is we need to do what works for us personally right? I will say that during the second phase of ADVOCARE there are ALOT of pills ot take and it was really annoying...I celebrated the day that ended. I loved the cleanse and felt great during it. I'm ordering another one to do in May. I've also had digestive issues since I was a baby and have been recommended multiple weird products and pills and tests by doctors and I'll just go ahead and say it - I pooped everyday when I did ADVOCARE! So, that, right there, was worth the money.

The SPARK tates great and its cheaper than juice, the protein shakes also taste great and are a little pricey - but - I spend my summer weekends horse showing - which consists of getting up at 3am and not stopping until past 8 pm, so if i can throw a protein shake into the mix of the unhealthy eating that comes with horseshowing when you don't have time to pee, nevermind eat some chicken, then hells yeah, I'm all for it - plus it tastes good - so I will actually eat it instead of grabbing a snickers...

!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If paying money helps motivate people to lose weight, then I have *THE PLAN* for you!!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Both are useless money pits. Buy good fresh food and eat it at a reasonable deficit and move a little more.

That's the "BubblegumElite Plan". That'll be $59.95/month, please. :laugh:
  • Neither...COS
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    and the poster above me posted and deactived.... nice....

I don't think they deactivated themselves.

^this

The clue is that their post is *entirely* gone now. Users don't have that power.

Well... indirectly they do because it was reported by a user.

For more information, they posted their personal email on a number of threads to try and get buyers.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    and the poster above me posted and deactived.... nice....

I don't think they deactivated themselves.

^this

The clue is that their post is *entirely* gone now. Users don't have that power.

yea, how about that..

ha
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Both are useless money pits. Buy good fresh food and eat it at a reasonable deficit and move a little more.

That's the "BubblegumElite Plan". That'll be $59.95/month, please. :laugh:

Hey, you're moving in on my business! I was going to offer the FiberMovement Investment Plan.
  • advomommy08
    Options
    I find that those that bash companies haven't tried product, or have and not seen results. Results are made by truly committing to a lifestyle change and sticking to it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I find that those that bash companies haven't tried product, or have and not seen results. Results are made by truly committing to a lifestyle change and sticking to it.

So I should just randomly try any product before forming an opinion?
    Like meth?
    Crack?
    Coke?

You've not tried it, you're not allowed an opinion! Just because all of medicial science is against it, their facts don't count! If you say anything negative, like these substances will destory your life, you're just butt hurt!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I find if I scroll the comment pages really fast on my iPad, I get a nice psychedelic buzz from the ones with the 20 nested quotes.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Strong first post, ADVOmommy
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're confusing "sticking to" a lifestyle change with "sticking to" a supplement company. One of these is essential to lasting success and the other is not.
  • jgwagner23
    jgwagner23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Anyone on this post that says they are over priced and junk have no idea what they are talking about. The reason they aren't JUNK is because of the INFORMED CHOICE seal on EVERY Single product AdvoCare sells. Go to GNC and try to find that seal on any of their products.... YOU WON'T. Their stuff is cheap, crappy, over rated stuff. And if you think its over priced, but you still take crappy supplements that you don't know what is in them, then that's why AdvoCare offers a chance to buy into the company and become a distributer of their products while getting a discount. TADAAAA you get a discount so the stuff you buy is affordable, and you are able to sell it if you care to do so. Its an awesome way to go and its going to be the death of crap places like GNC who sell stuff people make in their bathtubs.

People who say their stuff is carp and over priced obviously didn't do their homework. As far as needing supplements to lose weight.... No you don't. AdvoCare doesn't say you need their supplements to lose weight. BUT I GUARANTEE you that most fitness professionals are using supplements. WHY? Because they HELP. End of discussion. Crushed this post. Do your research and decide for yourself.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this post that says they are over priced and junk have no idea what they are talking about. The reason they aren't JUNK is because of the INFORMED CHOICE seal on EVERY Single product AdvoCare sells. Go to GNC and try to find that seal on any of their products.... YOU WON'T. Their stuff is cheap, crappy, over rated stuff. And if you think its over priced, but you still take crappy supplements that you don't know what is in them, then that's why AdvoCare offers a chance to buy into the company and become a distributer of their products while getting a discount. TADAAAA you get a discount so the stuff you buy is affordable, and you are able to sell it if you care to do so. Its an awesome way to go and its going to be the death of crap places like GNC who sell stuff people make in their bathtubs.

People who say their stuff is carp and over priced obviously didn't do their homework. As far as needing supplements to lose weight.... No you don't. AdvoCare doesn't say you need their supplements to lose weight. BUT I GUARANTEE you that most fitness professionals are using supplements. WHY? Because they HELP. End of discussion. Crushed this post. Do your research and decide for yourself.

1. You didn't crush this post
    2. You aren't very credible with having this be your first post on the website.
    3. You revived a dead thread. Try saying this in an active thread, and maybe you'll reach people who are actually active within the thread.
    4. Advocare and Herbalife are both potentially MLM schemes.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options

Poster fits my theory of low post, nil history,no profile, poster wholeheartedly recommending one of these products.

My conclusion about credibility and sincerity of such posters remains unchanged.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    All you or anyone else needs is proper diet and exercise. That is literally ALL!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

INFORMED CHOICE is a tester of products to see if there are any ingredients that are in a product that are disallowed by sports organization. It DOESN'T mean the product is worth buying for weightloss, muscle gain, etc.
    Just having the "tag" on the side means it passed testing for illegal substances in sports.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • czuasola
    czuasola Posts: 1
    Options
    advocare is the way to go