Options
1235»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    advocare is the way to go

Member since July 2012.

You waited TWO YEARS to make this post???

Oh, MFP. Don't ever change.

Don't. Ever. Change.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    lol
  • leanneclack
    Options
    You will find the negative comments about either products are from people who have never used a single product or didn't get a decent coach to advise them and be there to answer any questions or motivate you! I've done Herbalife twice! First time I was basically given the products and left to my own devices with no help or advise on what I should eat or when etc and I got know where with it and I was miserable, second time round I found the most amazing coach ever and I've lost over a stone my body fat is still dropping and I'm gaining muscle mass, I'm more hydrated my metabolism is speeding up I've got tones of energy I used to suffer with vitamin d deficiency and anxiety and depression and all are a thing of the past. I exercise I eat well and now I'm reeling the rewards! U get out of these products what u put into it!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, you probably will find most negative comments from people who didn't use the products - because they were successful without weight loss 'products' and know that such products are just unnecessary gimmicks.

Anyway, yet another low post, nil history, nil profile, poster wholeheartedly recommending them - my theory is standing firm :smile:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You will find the negative comments about either products are from people who have never used a single product or didn't get a decent coach to advise them and be there to answer any questions or motivate you! I've done Herbalife twice! First time I was basically given the products and left to my own devices with no help or advise on what I should eat or when etc and I got know where with it and I was miserable, second time round I found the most amazing coach ever and I've lost over a stone my body fat is still dropping and I'm gaining muscle mass, I'm more hydrated my metabolism is speeding up I've got tones of energy I used to suffer with vitamin d deficiency and anxiety and depression and all are a thing of the past. I exercise I eat well and now I'm reeling the rewards! U get out of these products what u put into it!

Lulz
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Sorry there First Time Poster with a completely blank profile but,

Are you saying the products are good... or completely irrelevant?
  • calm222
    Options
    I've done both, and they're both really similar. They're supplements, not a diet plan. You use them in conjunction with a proper diet and excercise. The meal replacement shakes are both morning meals and are tasty and fill you up. Advocare has more energy drink stuff, like Spark and Slam along with a ton of other products that help with energy. If you're considering one or the other, go on price alone, because they are both very similar when it comes to effect and taste.
  • JasmineSoper
    JasmineSoper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally tried herbalife it left me cranky and STARVING! And it taught me nothing about healthy eating.
  • putupurdukes
    putupurdukes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with Advocare products. It's not a magic pill - but I believe that the products are good quality (from what I can tell researching them) and while buying them, I discontinued my normal supplements from GNC. I had lost 58 lbs in 2 years before trying them: exercise, change in diet, reduced portions and "snacking". I exercise about 5 days a week - 3 with a trainer, 2 in an aerobic fitness class. I'm 56. I reached the 50-60 lbs - and then just plateaued. I continued exercising, continued eating as healthy as I could (i.e. veggies, protein, limited flour/sugar, no soft drinks - either sugared or 'diet', no fried foods, etc) but the scale just seemed 'stuck'. I have a total of 120 lbs to lose so while I was very happy to be down 58 lbs, I needed to progress! I'd decided early on to make it a process that I could live with so I didn't mind losing it slowly BUT was concerned that I'd slowed too much. That brings me to July when I decided - after consideration - to use Advocare products. I have done the 24 day challenge and continued to use the MNS 3 afterwards. The results aren't extreme and I don't expect it to be otherwise but I've lost an additional 25 lbs since starting it mid-July. At first it seemed pricey but again, considering the vitamins/minerals included, they have allowed me to discontinue use of other things.
    -
    Anyway, I'm not promoting or selling but just wanted to give the "other side." Do what is right for you and be honest with yourself. Nothing will work if you don't do the basics.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Here's my nickel of advice. My cousin started selling Advocare about the same time as I started my weight loss journey. I looked at the products while I was researching how to most effectively and safely lose. I made a bet with her: she would take her products and I would only follow the meal plan and exercise recommendations. I lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for over a year. She lost 10 and gained back 30. The meal plan advice is reasonably sound, though certainly not the only way to go about weight loss. The supplements are probably unnecessary and overkill. Stick with the meal plan portion and I bet you'd see the same results as if you bought into the Whole Package.