I do not understand why this happened to me?

Options
124»

Replies

• breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

Was reading only that much water retention is a sign of a heart problem.

If you read that on WebMD, you probably have cancer too.

I would *think* that after 73 pounds of loss, you'd know how wildly weight can fluctuate.

Guess not. Never had a setback like this.
    Just because you may know doesn't mean I do?
    We're two different people, with two entirely different bodies.

it's not a setback....

+1

You just said that your boyfriends scale said only a 5lb gain. 5lbs after a cheat meal is not a set back. It's called pee it out.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 42,000 calories worth of pasta and breadsticks in one sitting?
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've just never had such a setback with my weight loss I guess.
    Thanks for the support from some.
    & if you have a rude comment, I'd rather you leave my forum.

Not to be rude, but this isn't YOUR forum. It's public.

In all seriousness, you've done a great job so far with your weightloss and assuming that you've done it in a reasonable manner you should be able to realize that one random spike when you are fully aware that you ate more food than usual with high carbohydrates and salt isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Don't be so hard on yourself, weigh in a couple days from now, and relax.

All of this.

And OP, if you have a habit of weighing yourself after every cheat meal (I think I saw you post that maybe? If not, then nevermind), that just seems crazy. Of course you will weigh more after eating a carby/salty/sugary/whatever cheat meal. It's temporary. The scale fluctuates.
    I totally get having a cheat meal and doing it to stay sane and agree with doing that. But weighing yourself afterwards isn't going to make you feel any better. You've been on this journey for awhile now, so you should know that this is temporary. Stop being a slave to the scale and for heaven's sake, don't weigh yourself after a cheat meal.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Our bodies can do quirky things. But it isn't anything terribly unusual.
    After you have a "movement" and drink lots of water, 2 days and you will feel better.
    Don't beat yourself up over a cheat meal. You can still cheat, you're just better informed now of what can happen.
    I do have to say, I am dying for pasta and breadsticks now. yumm.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue after a big pasta meal this past Saturday (but not 12 lbs). I felt like crud after eating so much and then I really felt like it was some kind of sodium bloat and overload...my stomach even looked bloated for the next two days! I really stuck to the calorie count the next 3 days afterwards and kept drinking water and continued exercising and today (Wed) the scale was back down.
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sounds like extreme sodium overload + normal weight fluctuation. Drink some water and just get back to your regular calorie goal. It'll be fine.
    Edit to add: Don't weigh yourself at 1am after an extravagant meal. Just get back to your plan and weigh at your normal time.

I agree with Daughter...also...check your scale...it could be acting kooky...
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've just never had such a setback with my weight loss I guess.
    Thanks for the support from some.
    & if you have a rude comment, I'd rather you leave my forum.

a. This isn't your forum ...it's a public forum

b. If you don't want comments that you might not like, then don't make such a silly post.

It's not a 'setback' - it's obsessive behaviour. Step back and take a look from an outsider's point of view.