• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    To the judgemental jerks:

th?id=HN.608002936385047480&pid=15.1
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The only thing I get from McDonalds is their milkshakes. The other foods don't attend to agree with my tummy anymore.

(And right now there is an add for McDonalds on this page that I can see)

I haven't had Dominos in awhile now. Most of the pizza I get (on the rare occasions I have it) is from the pizzeria that is two doors down from my work place. They are pretty good pizzas. The best part is that we get them free here at work.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I haven't had chain pizza in years. There is a fantastic local place across the street we frequent though. And a pizza hut in the same center. I always wonder why go to pizza hut when this fabulous place is almost next door? It is not like it costs that much more and is so delicious.

ETA: Oh wait, we also go to mellow mushroom a lot. I forget that's a chain. I lied.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Dude, you could at least spring for Pizza Hut or something. Domino's is blech. ;)

dunno if it's different where you live, but where I live Dominos is better pizza than pizza hut, but Papa Johns is the best of all.

This is the hierarchy of tastiness for chains around where I live too.
    Papa Johns
    Dominos'
    Pizza Hut
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    we've only got domino's in our town since pizza hut shut, must admit im slightly obsessed with the jalapeno dough balls at the minute, sooner have them than an actual pizza, but if i'm wanting really good pizza we order from a local indian restaurant it is so much better (and cheaper) but takes twice as long, also the upside is if somebody is wanting something other than pizza they can order it as they also sell burgers, kebabs, english dishes as well as the more traditional indian dishes
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Mad Mushroom (stoner owned an operated) is the best pizza near college towns in Indiana. They have places near Purdue and Indiana U. And one location is a block from my house.. It's a double edged sword: It's walking distance but we order it more than we should!

mad-mushroom-pizza.jpg
    [/quote

I swear I'm not picking on you, but . . . did you really mean to say "stoner owned?" If so, I can definitely understand why they make great pizza! :laugh:
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Mad Mushroom (stoner owned an operated) is the best pizza near college towns in Indiana. They have places near Purdue and Indiana U. And one location is a block from my house.. It's a double edged sword: It's walking distance but we order it more than we should!

mad-mushroom-pizza.jpg

I live in Indy and of course I have visited Bloomington, but have never eaten at Mad Mushroom. That pizza looks tasty! Pizza Express in Bloomington is called Hot Box Pizza (horrible name) in Indy. Their pizza is very good and the breadsticks are simple, but delicious. Domino's is one of the best chain pizzas since they updated their crust, etc. There is also a very small chain that doesn't have a lot of franchisees, but has amazing crusts (you can choose garlic butter, cajun, etc.) called Hungry Howie's.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    And by the way, did the OP ever elaborate? I'll bet your post did exactly what you were hoping it would! :)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    And, now I want pizza.... (again)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Aw yes.
    idk why there's debate over which pizza is the best.
    Clearly, it's Dominos.
    If you still hate Dominos after trying the new recipe,
    your taste buds are broken.
    Pizza Hut is good, but super greasy. I hate the breadsticks though.
    Haven't had Papa Johns in ages, but I remember their breadsticks being superb.
    And they have a giant cookie now?
    I might indulge.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I haven't had chain pizza in years. There is a fantastic local place across the street we frequent though. And a pizza hut in the same center. I always wonder why go to pizza hut when this fabulous place is almost next door? It is not like it costs that much more and is so delicious.
    Because a lot of people have no taste buds?

There's a local place here that EVERYONE loves. I mean, LOVES. So we ate there once.

First, we waited more than an hour for the pizza. My SO got the salad bar, which consisted of them giving him a little styrofoam bowl with some lettuce and then he could add a few toppings (if they would fit in the bowl) and dressing. This was not cheap, either. And finally, the "pizza" was undercooked dough with a few burnt spots with about a tablespoon of sauce and a tablespoon of cheese and it tasted horrible.

We, obviously, have not gone back. But people still tell me how great the pizza there is. The place has been in business forever.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    And by the way, did the OP ever elaborate? I'll bet your post did exactly what you were hoping it would! :)

You mean start a pizza discussion? No, that wasn't my intention, but it's a fabulous side effect. As soon as the sun rises I'm going to find out if our dominoes has jalepino balls. They just sound awesome!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Those poor kids.... :(

avoid-the-noid.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

mad-mushroom-pizza.jpg

I live in Indy and of course I have visited Bloomington, but have never eaten at Mad Mushroom. That pizza looks tasty! Pizza Express in Bloomington is called Hot Box Pizza (horrible name) in Indy. Their pizza is very good and the breadsticks are simple, but delicious. Domino's is one of the best chain pizzas since they updated their crust, etc. There is also a very small chain that doesn't have a lot of franchisees, but has amazing crusts (you can choose garlic butter, cajun, etc.) called Hungry Howie's.
    We have Hungry Howie's -- about five locations where I live. I don't think it's as small as you think. But the pizza is decent there.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Dominos?

Pizza Hut?!?

For shame.

Clearly, you know nothing of pizza.

2hg8she.jpg

That looks like something that requires a plate and fork to eat.
    It's pie, not pizza.
    DELICIOUS pie, but still pie.

Hey Damepiglet, many people refer to pizza as a "pizza pie" to begin with.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Yea she said her daughter had been away and this treat meal made the kid happy which made her happy.

We have a dominoes, mcdonalds, papaginos and a friendly's in town. I still would rather pick the locally owned pizza places. Mmmm bbq chicken pizza is calling my name
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i think we all sighed a gratefull sigh of relief that she did not subject anyone to that gosh awful thing they call pizza at chuck e cheese
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I go Papa Johns for the reward points plus....

2n1cg2x.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Where is BrainyBurro? This has turned into his kind of thread. He is a pizza enthusiast. :smile:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    7mOCmLC.gif