Mission to loose 20lbs by 30th June- Join me please?

Options

Replies

• sallyadando1
    sallyadando1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too, need to lose 2/3 stone by august... need support and guidance.:heart:
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 65 more by September 24th so that will keep me on a nice little pace.
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a set day, but if I lose 20 lbs by June 30th, I'll probably be at my goal weight. Which would be great. Pls I could always use more inspiration etc:-)
  • Msfenae
    Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are both on the same mission! I have never been to London but the summers in South Carolina are torture!..I have joined you..
  • chrysanthe1950
    Options
    been here awhile but always use my phone app so can't access groups. could use some friends to keep on track too so add me too please! :-)
  • jag1986
    jag1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need this as well!!!! Other people to hold me accountable is probably not a bad idea! 20lbs lighter by the end of June sounds great to me :)
  • kenorky
    kenorky Posts: 1
    Options
    I just began the program and very eager to begin the journey with you
  • Ebunni08
    Ebunni08 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same goal. Check out my new youtube and whats about to happen. Thanks for your support. https://youtu.be/3qDVzkIsMhM
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thats my goal!! 20 pounds left and the sooner the better! Feel free to add me :)
  • zivasak
    zivasak Posts: 88
    Options
    In for the 20lbs to lose before I reach my goal and see my family back home in June 20th to surprise them after a year! You and anyone in here are welcome to add me!
  • arene0717
    arene0717 Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 22 pounds and have another 20 to go.
  • Mydailytrack
    Mydailytrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have sent my friend request.. 20 lbs by end of June sounds great & just about how much I want to lose..
    Others please feel free to add me too..
  • Shawtee808
    Shawtee808 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I need to lose 20! Friend Request sent
  • petal1991
    petal1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm from England too and I absolutely hated last summer! The heat was unbearable because I feel I need to cover up head to foot because i hate my body- no bare legs etc. I'm definitely up for the challenge to try to lose 20lb by summer, too!
  • GreenEyedBandita
    GreenEyedBandita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in ~ Lets do it!! Friend request sent. Also anyone that can motivate and help me stay on track please feel free to add me. Thanks!
  • billleach03
    Options
    I have P90X, Insanity, and T-25 all here with me. I'm 6'0" and started at 244lb, and down to 207lb, with goal of 185lbs. I was working out at the gym previously, but just started doing a hybrid of the home video programs above 3 weeks ago. Currently I am doing the 3 P90X lifting routines 3 days a week, and doing either insanity or T-25 3 days a week in between P90X.
    Here is some interesting information I took just a couple days ago from my HR monitor as I did each of these exercises over 3 consecutive days.

1. Insanity Max Plyo... 40 min... 620 cal burned (15.5 cal/min)
    2. P90X Shoulders and Arms w/ Ab Ripper X...... 75 min......757 cal burned (10.1 cal/min)
    3. T-25 Beta Speed 1.0......25 min..... 442 cal burned (17.7 cal/min)

T-25 will give you more efficient calorie burning than Insanity since you don't have the stretching routines in the middle. And while P90X lifting routines are the least efficient in term of cal burned/min... You want to do those. For every pound of muscle you build... you burn 30 more calories per day from your resting BMR.

I highly recommend you get a HR monitor so you can keep track of your calories burned. I actually lost a lot of weight by just eating healthy and working out, but then I hit a plateau. No matter how hard I worked out and clean I ate, I couldn't lose weight for about 6 weeks. Then I started doing the home videos, used my HR monitor, and got a digital scale to weigh my food that I made at home. The problem was that I was not eating enough calories and my body went into starvation mode and tried to hang on the the fat I had. I lost 5 lbs the first week, and lose almost 1/2 lb every day now. I also changed my goals to 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat (recommended in Fat Shredder Phase in P90X nutrition plan). Once I hit my weight loss goal, I will up my calories, carbs, and fat, to start building muscle. Carbs are what give your body and muscles their primary fuel. (I am also in grad school, med school, and this is simple biochemistry). But excess carbs also get stored as fat.

So I make sure I do the 3 P90X lifting routines every week, and do either Insanity or T-25 depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have. I then just adjust my calorie intake appropriately. I can do this since I use the HR monitor and scale, so I know exactly the difference in my calories consumed and burned.

My BMR is 2450... and I try to NET 1350 - 1550 calories per day. (YES... YOU MUST EAT BACK ALL OF THE CALORIES YOU BURN FROM EXERCISE!!!!) If your NET falls below 1200 cal, you are in danger of your body trying to preserve your fat and thus preventing you lose weight. (of course this can not be the case if you are 5'0" and weigh 100 lbs).

Hope this helps!
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am in! Doing strength training as well so I will be happy with a little less than 20 if that happens. So long as I look like I lost 20 lbs :wink:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    In for the win
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Add me. 20 pounds would be great. I have a cruise planned for July. Would love to be slimmer by then.
  • brettgosa
    brettgosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's totally possible! I'm sure you'll knock that out and some! I'm game!