Mission to loose 20lbs by 30th June- Join me please?

Options

Replies

• mgoblethomas
    mgoblethomas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I am going to Jamaica on July 9 (to attend Sumfest) so this is the perfect time to lose 20 pounds (and hopefully they won't find me again this time). I'm getting back into MFP again, and I think some friends would help me to stick with it, so please feel free to add me!

Mary
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Added :) Feel free to add me! I can always use a kick in the butt sometimes!
  • Liesje986
    Liesje986 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    would love to join, I have a long way til goal weight but 20 pounds would be fantastic on the way to getting there. I told myself I wanted to be 30lbs lighter by November 1st so this would really be great to get to that goal. Feel free to add me :)
  • mgoblethomas
    mgoblethomas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is there a group for this yet?
  • lilaak007
    lilaak007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i am with you on this
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, Insanity, and T-25 all here with me. I'm 6'0" and started at 244lb, and down to 207lb, with goal of 185lbs. I was working out at the gym previously, but just started doing a hybrid of the home video programs above 3 weeks ago. Currently I am doing the 3 P90X lifting routines 3 days a week, and doing either insanity or T-25 3 days a week in between P90X.
    Here is some interesting information I took just a couple days ago from my HR monitor as I did each of these exercises over 3 consecutive days.

1. Insanity Max Plyo... 40 min... 620 cal burned (15.5 cal/min)
    2. P90X Shoulders and Arms w/ Ab Ripper X...... 75 min......757 cal burned (10.1 cal/min)
    3. T-25 Beta Speed 1.0......25 min..... 442 cal burned (17.7 cal/min)

T-25 will give you more efficient calorie burning than Insanity since you don't have the stretching routines in the middle. And while P90X lifting routines are the least efficient in term of cal burned/min... You want to do those. For every pound of muscle you build... you burn 30 more calories per day from your resting BMR.

I highly recommend you get a HR monitor so you can keep track of your calories burned. I actually lost a lot of weight by just eating healthy and working out, but then I hit a plateau. No matter how hard I worked out and clean I ate, I couldn't lose weight for about 6 weeks. Then I started doing the home videos, used my HR monitor, and got a digital scale to weigh my food that I made at home. The problem was that I was not eating enough calories and my body went into starvation mode and tried to hang on the the fat I had. I lost 5 lbs the first week, and lose almost 1/2 lb every day now. I also changed my goals to 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat (recommended in Fat Shredder Phase in P90X nutrition plan). Once I hit my weight loss goal, I will up my calories, carbs, and fat, to start building muscle. Carbs are what give your body and muscles their primary fuel. (I am also in grad school, med school, and this is simple biochemistry). But excess carbs also get stored as fat.

So I make sure I do the 3 P90X lifting routines every week, and do either Insanity or T-25 depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have. I then just adjust my calorie intake appropriately. I can do this since I use the HR monitor and scale, so I know exactly the difference in my calories consumed and burned.

My BMR is 2450... and I try to NET 1350 - 1550 calories per day. (YES... YOU MUST EAT BACK ALL OF THE CALORIES YOU BURN FROM EXERCISE!!!!) If your NET falls below 1200 cal, you are in danger of your body trying to preserve your fat and thus preventing you lose weight. (of course this can not be the case if you are 5'0" and weigh 100 lbs).

Hope this helps!

Great post and definitely helps. Thanks
  • susannah96
    susannah96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my goal is to lose 55 pounds by my birthday (November 23rd). I've only started my profile today but I'm going to fill in my food and exercise diary every day and hope I achieve what I want. :)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, Insanity, and T-25 all here with me. I'm 6'0" and started at 244lb, and down to 207lb, with goal of 185lbs. I was working out at the gym previously, but just started doing a hybrid of the home video programs above 3 weeks ago. Currently I am doing the 3 P90X lifting routines 3 days a week, and doing either insanity or T-25 3 days a week in between P90X.
    Here is some interesting information I took just a couple days ago from my HR monitor as I did each of these exercises over 3 consecutive days.

1. Insanity Max Plyo... 40 min... 620 cal burned (15.5 cal/min)
    2. P90X Shoulders and Arms w/ Ab Ripper X...... 75 min......757 cal burned (10.1 cal/min)
    3. T-25 Beta Speed 1.0......25 min..... 442 cal burned (17.7 cal/min)

T-25 will give you more efficient calorie burning than Insanity since you don't have the stretching routines in the middle. And while P90X lifting routines are the least efficient in term of cal burned/min... You want to do those. For every pound of muscle you build... you burn 30 more calories per day from your resting BMR.

I highly recommend you get a HR monitor so you can keep track of your calories burned. I actually lost a lot of weight by just eating healthy and working out, but then I hit a plateau. No matter how hard I worked out and clean I ate, I couldn't lose weight for about 6 weeks. Then I started doing the home videos, used my HR monitor, and got a digital scale to weigh my food that I made at home. The problem was that I was not eating enough calories and my body went into starvation mode and tried to hang on the the fat I had. I lost 5 lbs the first week, and lose almost 1/2 lb every day now. I also changed my goals to 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat (recommended in Fat Shredder Phase in P90X nutrition plan). Once I hit my weight loss goal, I will up my calories, carbs, and fat, to start building muscle. Carbs are what give your body and muscles their primary fuel. (I am also in grad school, med school, and this is simple biochemistry). But excess carbs also get stored as fat.

So I make sure I do the 3 P90X lifting routines every week, and do either Insanity or T-25 depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have. I then just adjust my calorie intake appropriately. I can do this since I use the HR monitor and scale, so I know exactly the difference in my calories consumed and burned.

My BMR is 2450... and I try to NET 1350 - 1550 calories per day. (YES... YOU MUST EAT BACK ALL OF THE CALORIES YOU BURN FROM EXERCISE!!!!) If your NET falls below 1200 cal, you are in danger of your body trying to preserve your fat and thus preventing you lose weight. (of course this can not be the case if you are 5'0" and weigh 100 lbs).

Hope this helps!

I never eat back my calories. I've been told multiple times that it over estimates and that you should, if any thing only eat back half .
    Like for example I KNOW I didn't burn off 600 calories walking my dog for half an hour at a moderate pace... There is no way.
  • ClaudiaB37
    ClaudiaB37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I go through the same thing every summer.. nothing to wear!
  • redfishkw
    Options
    I'm in!!! Day 2,,, T25,,, body aches all ready. Can't weight to do it outside. Come on 4th of July,,,, Probable: Doing week 1 twice to get in better shape for week 2, will see at the end of the week.. Mine is 30 lbs by the 4th all ready down 45 in the last 18 months.
  • s0burgess
    s0burgess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in.......
  • Zlushiee
    Zlushiee Posts: 2
    Options
    Count me In!! Just started doing Insanity full cardio from xbox One while I get my T25 ..we're in this together!! And eating Healthy obviously!! Trying to google "healthy food ideas" ...20Lbs ..a healthier US!!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 2-2.5lb/week for the next 13 weeks (which would end roughly around June 30th!)

2-2.5lbs a week is do-able, healthy and would equate to a total of 26-32.5 lbs!!!
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im down add me :)
  • ramyad1
    ramyad1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I joined MFP this week and also trying to lose 20lbs and in South London. Very best of luck to you.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow. T25 tonight.
  • Cassie06
    Cassie06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!!! I am starting off doing some workouts at home. My goal is to be down 30lbs by June...EEK! Time is ticking!
  • Cassie06
    Cassie06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How is T25? I do TurboFire and Chalean Extreme.
  • soserene
    soserene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! Sending you an add.
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm going to try my darnedest!