Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Woke up today..not crabby and feeling more like myself. Not even craving or feeling like eating constantly today. Feeling better is great!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    oct. 01 SW:166 lbs
    oct. 08 163.6 lbs!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Oct 1st 174
    Oct 8th 173.....only down a pound but TOM here so hopefully see a loss in a couple days.....glad to see others making progress, and keep your head up if you're not...you're time will come....
  • 7senough
    Options
    :smile: Yes, count me in. I didn't start on the 1st but that's okay, Im still up for the challange. 3 weeks and 4 pounds to go.
  • AwesomeMe
    AwesomeMe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker

By the way, that's me drinking coffee. Love coffee.
  • ChloeClueless
    Options
    Count me in too :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This is going to be tough. I'm going to get in a few double workouts.
  • charmwhite
    charmwhite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm in!

i was 99.4kg on Sept 28. will aim to lose 2.5kgs by the end of the month.

doing okay so far since i was down to 98.5 yesterday morning!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Things are going good this weekend. Yesterday I discovered that I haven't been walking right my whole life. I'm a hunched-forward, over-strider and this is causing problems with balance and I think aggravating my knee. I tried reading up on proper walking online. I've been practicing better posture and shortening my steps. It isn't easy for me. If anyone here's into race walking or knows about how to correctly walk fast, add me as your friend and we'll talk.

I lost another 1/4 lb this week but I'm holding off to officially weigh on Monday. I'm also rediscovering my quads. :bigsmile: Last week my thighs were sore and puffy from all the workouts. This week there is something long, hard and lumpy emerging from the flab. Muscles! I keep poking'm just to be sure it's not a fluke. Oh God, I really want Xena Thunder Thighs!

Have a great Saturday everyone! Go after those goals! It's gonna be a good Monday.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    :blushing: had a sneaky peek this morning before work..143lbs!! :noway: i can't believe it! It's been a quite a bad week for me LOL. I've got my fingers tightly crossed that I'll see that number again on Tuesday :smooched:

How's everyone's week been? Remember..whenever you have a bad week, just start afresh the next week - don't let it get you down! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in yesterday!

I am at 153 again, down a lb from last week. I really want to break 150 before Thanksgiving, when my brother is coming to visit. He will be so proud of me! He and his fiance haven't seen me since I weighed 175. Everyone here has gotten so used to my smaller size (including me!) that I wonder if they will even notice. I am looking forward to their reaction.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Alioth-- how did you discover that you walk the wrong way?! I didn't even know that was possible! Congrats on the 1/4 lb!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    These past couple of days have been HORRIBLE!!! I went WAY over my calories 3 days in a row and I only exercised 1 day this week cause Ive been sick. I hope I dont gain too much weight back next week. I have to think positive and start fresh tomorrow.
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oct. 1: 147
    Oct. 8: 147
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:

I just finished reading all of the October posts. I am trying to get myself re-motivated. I have been struggling A LOT! I have been floating between 145-148 for the past month. This is my fault. My eating is out of control and I haven't been getting in all of my workouts. i am slowly trying to get back with the program. I would LOVE to see 142 by the end of the month. Well, its time to get my daughter up and then get in a workout. :bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Shelli, great attiture, get remotivated...we all have those ruff patches to go thru..

Got a great workout in with the P90x....just want to encourage anyone who is scared to try it...it is SOOOOO DOABLE!!!! maybe not at the level the people are on the video AT FIRST, but just stick with it ...and soon we too will be at or near that level...

Have a great SUNDAY everyone......
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    I didn't see this before but I'd like to join.

SW Oct 1 - 180
    CW Oct 8 - 178

Down 2 lbs so far this month! I look forward to reading everyone's posts and wish you all the best of healthy eating and excercising. Have a wonderful day!!
    :smile:
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got up the courage to step on the scale... official starting weight: 155. :ohwell: I'm hoping that actually putting that number out there for the world to see will motivate me to change it!!

Had a good workout at the gym today. 5 miles on the treadmill (ran for 3.5 of them!) and Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred. Whew! 13 days until our final race -- need to train hard to finish with a PR. (Probably should have been working on that for the last several weeks, huh?) :embarassed:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Mel
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Back on track! I got a 4.2 mile walk/run done today. The first time since my knee trouble last month that I have done any amount of running. I had been walking and slowly increasing m miles and now time to start running again. Running is such a rush and it can burn so many more calories in an hour than walking.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Terri
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day! I was determined to make up for my exercise this week and met my weekly goal. So this morning I went for a walk with the family for 1 hour and 40 mins. This evening me and my husband went for a bike ride for 1 hr and 45 mins. Then I logged my exercise and noticed I was short by 5 mins and 54 cals. So I got on my ellipitical for 10 mins and burned 109 cals. Now, I need to burn those extra cals I consumed those 3 HORRIBLE days before I weigh in Wed. So, I plan on working out like CRAZY on Monday and Tuesday to burn off those cals.