Must have desert after dinner

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You guys and your one small piece of dark chocolate are making me sad.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert almost every night. My current favourite is tinned pie apples drenched in cinnamon sugar with dollops of thick Greek yogurt. I big bowl is only around 150 cals

OMG this sounds absolutely delicious! I have got to try it.
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options

It's not sad, it's delicious! Chocolate after every meal. :) I also just finished off some chocolate (avocado) mousse-so good, and have other desserts here and there.
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    best time to have sweets is post-workout. if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, try making some sugar free pudding or jello, have low fat ice cream, or make some protein cookies (crushed up banana, oats, raisins, and protein powder). its all about the small daily choices. split a banana in half long ways, put a little sugar or splenda on it and put it on the grill or hot pan till it caramelizes. yumm! or just have smaller portions of your favorite desserts. read the nutrition values on back and don't take more than a portion. if it fits in your macros, it wont destroy you at least.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

It's not sad, it's delicious! Chocolate after every meal. :) I also just finished off some chocolate (avocado) mousse-so good, and have other desserts here and there.

I love dark chocolate, but one small piece at 40 calories? Sad.

ETA: Join the new 30 day cleanse. It puts a new perspective on dessert:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1237507-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1237507-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet

I have only the one piece of dark chocolate because then I can have one (or two) glasses of red wine with it!

I've been following the ice cream cleanse thread but haven't started, because when it comes down to it at the end of the day, I want wine more than something sweet. A piece of dark chocolate lets me have both! :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    First, don't consider the fact that you like sweet things "a problem." Look at your food diary and figure out what you can have that's sweet that will fit into your dietary plan. Incorporate whatever that is into your overall diet.

^ That. I love sweet stuff and refused to give it up when I started all of this. I eat desserts almost every day (sometimes more than one). I just work it into my calories by knowing that I'll be indulging in the evening.

^^ Just do this.

I eat dessert every single day of my life, I feel incomplete if i skip it lol :p. I just plan my meals ahead of time so I can make sure I have enough calories left over to have something awesome :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I have only the one piece of dark chocolate because then I can have one (or two) glasses of red wine with it!

I've been following the ice cream cleanse thread but haven't started, because when it comes down to it at the end of the day, I want wine more than something sweet. A piece of dark chocolate lets me have both! :)

OK, now you're talking! :laugh:
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I recently looked at ice cream and all the frozen greek yogurts available were really good. Most were either on a stick or those cookie sandwhichs. If I recall correctly there was weight watchers brands, skinny cow, healthy choice, and I think Oikos. They were all very simliar in macs and ranged from 80 to 150 cal. For the mean time I ended up choosing healthy choice because they had preportioned serving sizes. As far as the taste, they still have that sour greek yogurt taste but the serving size I think was ok because it satisfied my craving. It wasn't loaded with chocolate syrup by any means but it was there. Next time I'll probably try one of the skinnycow sandwhiches or one of the weight wachers kind.