What Have You Done With Your Clothes That Don't Fit?

Options
1235»

Replies

• martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did a few things with them...consignment shop, donated to Goodwill, gave some to a friend that is sharing this journey with me and some to my sister. I also had a few things taken in that I still really enjoyed wearing. I still have nicer, business type clothing that I am still hanging onto because I paid good money for them, but not sure what to do with them.
    Does anyone else have a scared feeling when they give their clothes away that one day they'll need them again?
  • lilymae71
    lilymae71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I donated, too. We live rural and there's always a huge need. The closest place to donate (not a GW or other large name, just a small church) is over 20 miles away.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I did a few things with them...consignment shop, donated to Goodwill, gave some to a friend that is sharing this journey with me and some to my sister. I also had a few things taken in that I still really enjoyed wearing. I still have nicer, business type clothing that I am still hanging onto because I paid good money for them, but not sure what to do with them.
    Does anyone else have a scared feeling when they give their clothes away that one day they'll need them again?

Yes. I had that feeling. I will have it again when I dig out my Summer clothes, and go through it.
  • American_Made
    Options
    donate all of it! Woman's shelters, salvation army...try to donate to organizations who will give it to people for free and not just resell for alot cheaper. Also, donating to churches is a great idea.

"People helping people.....it's a Beautiful thing!!"
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I donate my too large clothes to the DAV, which is also where I haunt for new clothes. It's my favorite thrift store!
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I live in Phoenix. There is a charity that wants "nice/good" clothing for women re-entering the workforce. They need all sizes. I donate my good clothing to them, Goodwill gets everything else. Sorry I can't think of the name. I just know where there drop off is!