Water Diet - Please help

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Here to help OP, make it a salt water pool and add a chiller to keep the water cooler. This will increase the density of the water, making the items you attempt to float more buoyant!

Although this idea has some validity, I'm concerned that it might make OP more buoyant, as well. It's always colder out of the water and that might prove too difficult to endure, thereby causing her to quit - again.

But being colder will force her body to burn more calories to to stay warm, increasing her metabolism and causing her to lose more weight. AND the salt water constitutes a hypertonic solution which will in turn make her cells lose water through osmosis, so she'll lose even more weight! I predict she'll hit goal weight in one weekend!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Here to help OP, make it a salt water pool and add a chiller to keep the water cooler. This will increase the density of the water, making the items you attempt to float more buoyant!

Although this idea has some validity, I'm concerned that it might make OP more buoyant, as well. It's always colder out of the water and that might prove too difficult to endure, thereby causing her to quit - again.

But being colder will force her body to burn more calories to to stay warm, increasing her metabolism and causing her to lose more weight. AND the salt water constitutes a hypertonic solution which will in turn make her cells lose water through osmosis, so she'll lose even more weight! I predict she'll hit goal weight in one weekend!

Can you post specific studies that show this? I'm having trouble finding anything reliable. I'm sure you have it at your fingertips. If this is true, I'm putting in a salt water pool tomorrow. Hurry.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need one these diet aids to help you. :wink:

FloatSpaBar-food.jpg

Next to the swim-up bar, which was the greatest invention of all time, this is coming in 2nd!.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Can you post specific studies that show this? I'm having trouble finding anything reliable. I'm sure you have it at your fingertips. If this is true, I'm putting in a salt water pool tomorrow. Hurry.

The so called "scientific" journals won't publish any of my findings because they've all been bought out by Big Chlorine, but if you PM me your SS# and bank info (you know for a background check, have to make sure you're not working for BC and trying to steal all my data) I'll be happy to send you all the information you need to get you started on your amazing new weight loss journey!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Maybe you need one these diet aids to help you. :wink:

FloatSpaBar-food.jpg

Next to the swim-up bar, which was the greatest invention of all time, this is coming in 2nd!.

I don't know, put a small motor and a remote control on it and I think it beats out the swim up bar, it'll come to you.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    BUT WHAT COUNTS AS WATER?????!?!?? WHAT ABOUT COFFEE AND TEA???

The water in the pool has chlorine in it. Is it still water?

That is a great point. Do you think it would be better to fill the pool with beer?

YES!

We have a sad, broken-down in-ground pool that needs fixing. The lining has been torn since before we bought the house. The husband says we'll get it fixed this year. I think he needs to see this thread for ideas.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

The so called "scientific" journals won't publish any of my findings because they've all been bought out by Big Chlorine, but if you PM me your SS# and bank info (you know for a background check, have to make sure you're not working for BC and trying to steal all my data) I'll be happy to send you all the information you need to get you started on your amazing new weight loss journey!

This really sounds awesome! PM'd you all the information I could think to send you I've been losing, doing it the old fashioned way - I'm ready for a new tomorrow. My man brother did work for BC for a while - but got fired for chlorine abuse. He's getting cured now. Is that a problem?
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Now I feel like floating in a pool somewhere. OP you're an inspiration :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with this diet because you are going to be floating. Just make sure you don't swim for thirty minutes after you eat or else this suddenly becomes a very DANGEROUS diet!!! OK!?!?!!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

This really sounds awesome! PM'd you all the information I could think to send you I've been losing, doing it the old fashioned way - I'm ready for a new tomorrow. My man brother did work for BC for a while - but got fired for chlorine abuse. He's getting cured now. Is that a problem?

It's fine, you seem very *cough*gullible*cough* trustworthy. I'm not at all surprised your brother had a chlorine problem, BC is always having to cover up how the nasty chemicals and toxins in their pools are the cause of every major modern health problem known to exist EVER. Not at all like salt water pools, they're all natural, just like the ocean, and we all know that there are no possible dangers from swimming in the ocean!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP: cheese floats, and so will cheesecake. You're welcome.

ETA: a cheesecake buoyancy test in my hot tub confirms this.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    First of all - I'm extremely jealous you can even get in a pool yet - still cold here.

Secondly, can you not just swim to the side?

Eating-in-the-Pool-300x210.jpg

Really? That's all you've got? What's it going to be next? IIFYM? Just eat at a deficit? Sheesh!

Jeez - you haven't even started the "diet" and already you're crabby. Better rethink your plan.

oprah-smh-o.gif

All I'm asking for here is SUPPORT. Aren't we all here for the same thing?

I'm not sure if you're serious... But if you are then perhaps you should understand that these sort of fad diets are as ineffective as they are silly. If you want to eat healthy you really don't need to do much more than eat the right number of calories for you and make sure you're getting all your macro and micronutrients. Everything else is usually either snake oil or misinformation

I understand all that. I just have a hard time connecting activity with being able to eat more. Since I'll have to paddle around to get food, I thought this could jump start the process.
  • likitisplit
    Options

This is the type of personal experience I'm looking for!!! Thanks to everybody who answered SERIOUSLY!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

This is the type of personal experience I'm looking for!!! Thanks to everybody who answered SERIOUSLY!
    We're all here for the same reason and should be supportive no matter what, right?! Good luck on your gurney. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    Options

It's fine, you seem very *cough*gullible*cough* trustworthy. I'm not at all surprised your brother had a chlorine problem, BC is always having to cover up how the nasty chemicals and toxins in their pools are the cause of every major modern health problem known to exist EVER. Not at all like salt water pools, they're all natural, just like the ocean, and we all know that there are no possible dangers from swimming in the ocean!

I read that many human characteristics seem to have been developed in a semi-aquatic environment. We EVOLVED to eat in the sea.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    BUT WHAT COUNTS AS WATER?????!?!?? WHAT ABOUT COFFEE AND TEA???

The water in the pool has chlorine in it. Is it still water?

That is a great point. Do you think it would be better to fill the pool with beer?

YES!

We have a sad, broken-down in-ground pool that needs fixing. The lining has been torn since before we bought the house. The husband says we'll get it fixed this year. I think he needs to see this thread for ideas.

The power of crowds!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Actually, you could make a fondant boat, and then pretty much anything could be floated to you. And, those Scoopables Tostitos would probably float bite-sized snickers. This will work! I'm going out tomorrow and buying a pool!

:smile:

Depends on the temperature of the water and the size of the pool. The boat may melt before sailing to it's destination. You may want to have a fondant submarine on hand just in case.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Good luck on your gurney. :flowerforyou:

I hope you loose weight to!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Why don't you get one of those floating trays and bars?

^ this is exactly what I was thinking. A floating cake tray will really help with adherence and fun.
    Best diet ever btw!!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    no reason to take such an extreme approach.

why not spend your time in the tub and have family members hand you the food.

this seems much more sustainable in the long term to me.