Do you go out drinking?

Options

Replies

• edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tell people I drink socially, but I'm pretty social. :)
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I believe it cleanses my innards. So yes.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a whole lot. A typical month for me would be 3-4 beers, 2-3 glasses of wine, and MAYBE 1-2 shots of vodka or tequila. There are months that I don't drink at all. It just varies.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The drinks I make myself taste much much better than those at a bar or restaurant. If I get tipsy I'm already at home. One fifth of wine or Jack Daniels cost less than three cocktails from the bar. I'd love to go out drinking every once in a while but all my buddies have passed away, so I stay home and drink the good stuff with dinner.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I believe it cleanses my innards. So yes.

I said the same thing!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Very rarely. If I drink I usually prefer at home. Less risks involved, and no unwanted hook ups.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Not enough as I would like to!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Not enough as I would like to!

^^^this
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't drink like I used to, but how much varies anymore. Some weeks I might have a few beers or more each day. Then I might not drink anything for a month or more.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes! I drink vodka soda with a squeeze of lime...not bad on the calories at all! I can have a couple of drinks for less than 200 calories. From time to time I'll be bad and have some beer or wine. I don't think you should deprive yourself of anything you're going to miss, or you'll end up succumbing and binging. Just plan ahead and work it in! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    When on vacation, on a cruise ( haven't done that for four or five years) I'd have a rum and fruit type mixed drink every couple of days. When NOT on vacation, I'll have an occaisonal glug of rum or Irish cream in my coffee, about twice a month. That's it.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'll go out with my friends to bars and clubs for the social aspect, but I don't drink. I get a bad allergic type reaction from alcohol.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I used to. There was a dive locally called the Paradise that had live bands on fridays and saturdays and if you got there before 8pm you could avoid the cover. I spent at least 2 days a week there. Now i can't risk drinking much thanks to medications.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Very occasionally I go out for dinner and have a glass of wine or a beer with my meal. Sometimes I have two drinks when I am out on a date with my husband. But, my husband does not drink (he has never had a drink ever in his life), he has dessert and a soda. If I drink at home I buy a small half sized bottle of wine, since it's just for me and I don't drink a lot. Sometimes I don't drink at all. I did not drink at all for a decade or more.
  • jaballar
    jaballar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I'll end up offering to DD so that I can still go out, but also not take in any extra calories from drinking. But I looooove tequila. So, usually going out to eat Mexican food once a week turns into 5-7 ritas and I'm barefoot.. So stick to being the driver. You are forced not to drink for everyone's safety and everyone thinks you're super nice! Haha if they only knew I was really just being vain!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    How often do you drink alcohol?

This is a completely different question than the thread title.

To answer the title: NEVER! I do not ever "go out drinking."

How often do I drink alcohol? Occasionally, maybe once twice a month.
    It was meant to be like that.

Why?
    This a million times over. I'll posit right now that it was not actually meant to be that way—since they're conflicting ideas—and it was easier to say that than "Oh **** I accidentally phrased it wrong in the title. Whoops." Even though that's not hard to say. It happens. Too bad you can't edit thread titles. But then I'd start things like, "This guy kicked me in the nuts because I couldn't lift 'enough'" and then change it to "What do you think about adoption?" or "My nephew wants me to take him camping".

But that would be rather hilarious.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    Barely anymore. Tons in my 20's. Now I despise the bar scene. Much rather hit up a pub if I'm going out anyway. :)
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    I go out about 2x a week. normally 2-3 drinks. 500-750 calories.
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym so that i can be a guiltless lush. You only live once!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Rarely.