Love Peanut Butter? Then read this.......

Options
I found a HEALTHY alternative to PB!!!! It is called PB2....I found it a wal-mart next to the regular peanut butter.......

PB2 is a little different tho......it is a powder.......for 1 serving you mix 2 tbsp of the powder with 1 tbsp of water and it is yummy!!! And I love PB and I just fell in love with it.....I have PB2 and an apple as my last snack of the day.....Here is the nutrition info: Serving size 2 tbsp, Calories 45, Fat calories 13, Sodium 94 mg, Total Carbs 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 5g...... here is a link to what it looks like..... http://www.iherb.com/bell-plantation-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-with-premium-chocolate-6-5-oz-184-g/38246

I buy the one with chocolate in it and I just love it!!

Imagine how good a protein shake would taste made with PB2?? lol

Enjoy!!!

Lisa

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Just because it's less calories doesn't make it healthier. They're both healthy. PB2 lacks dietary fat, which I find delicious. I love both but I don't think it's fair to say one is healthier than the other because of its caloric content
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    There is nothing unhealthy about peanut butter.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat peanut butter for the taste (even though it's a plus). I eat it for it's calorie density! But PB2 is good if you're a peanut butter fanatic and want the taste with less calories. :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I found a HEALTHY alternative to PB!!!! It is called PB2....I found it a wal-mart next to the regular peanut butter.......

PB2 is a little different tho......it is a powder.......for 1 serving you mix 2 tbsp of the powder with 1 tbsp of water and it is yummy!!! And I love PB and I just fell in love with it.....I have PB2 and an apple as my last snack of the day.....Here is the nutrition info: Serving size 2 tbsp, Calories 45, Fat calories 13, Sodium 94 mg, Total Carbs 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 5g...... here is a link to what it looks like..... http://www.iherb.com/bell-plantation-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-with-premium-chocolate-6-5-oz-184-g/38246

Enjoy!!!

Lisa
    Excuse me while I go throw up. PB2 is awful.

And regular PB isn't unhealthy. It just has a lot of calories from fat. But it's filling.
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've never looked at the nutrition for PB2 but my mom uses it. I just really don't like how it tastes for some reason. I have put it into smoothies and shakes though which kind of masks the taste which is good.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried Nuttzo, you're missing OUT!
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Will be trying
  • runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How is my peanut butter, which is made from 100% peanuts, unhealthy?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Uuummmmmm....NO!!! I will stick the real stuff!!! :tongue:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I've never looked at the nutrition for PB2 but my mom uses it. I just really don't like how it tastes for some reason. I have put it into smoothies and shakes though which kind of masks the taste which is good.

I use chocolate peanut butter in my smoothies for a little flavor, protein and sweetness. I thought some chocolate PB2 would work for fewer calories since it SHOULD taste similar.

$4-plus down the drain. I used it once and could barely finish that smoothie. I've also tried the regular PB2. A friend swore by it and insisted I try it and then kept insisting that it was good and I should switch to it even after I told her I prefered the real thing. PB2 people are like a cult, I swear.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, as others have said, peanut butter isn't unhealthy, so I'm not sure why you'd need a "HEALTHY alternative".

I admit that I am a bit curious about PB2. Particularly thinking of how I could use it in baking. I haven't been able to find it in the UK, though :/
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. I'll pass on powdered PB lacking fat and calories.

Call me when you discover this one instead:
    img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

OMG. I want that. I'm going shopping tomorrow just for that. I must possess it.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with my regular peanut butter.
  • rml_16
    Options

img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

OMG. I want that. I'm going shopping tomorrow just for that. I must possess it.
    They also make a dark chocolate one.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have both regular peanut butter and PB2 in my cabinet right now. I find them both useful for different things and wouldn't call either "healthier" than the other.

Glad you found something that works for you, though. :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Enjoy!!!

Lisa

Just the other day, I saw something at the store that I'd never seen before and got SUPER EXCITED. I think it was called 'jelly'... but I'm not sure. I'll try to find it on the GOOGLE and report back!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I think it's on my accepted list of cleansing foods.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I bought PB2 because I heard about it on here. It's freaking gross just eaten on its own or in a sammy. I have used the powder in protein shakes and it is good, though. However..if I can remember it doesn't have much protein anyway?