Love Peanut Butter? Then read this.......

Options

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    People are not going to be happy about you dissing peanut butter >> Also, peanut butter isn't unhealthy.
    I use PB2 for my protein shakes, because they are already calorically dense and you don't notice the difference so much when it's mixed with banana and chocolate protein powder.
    I use real peanut butter for EVERYTHING else.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have both regular peanut butter and PB2 in my cabinet right now. I find them both useful for different things and wouldn't call either "healthier" than the other.

Glad you found something that works for you, though. :flowerforyou:

Same here.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't even like PB but that's total BS.. less calories does not always equal "better for you"
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ooh I've been meaning to pick some up but didn't realize Walmart carried it. Good to know, thanks!
  • Cadaverous_Bones
    Options
    Ewwww. I'll pass on powdered PB lacking fat and calories.

Call me when you discover this one instead:
    img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

I just bought that white chocolate pb the other day i haven't tried it yet though!

I only use pb2 for oatmeal and to add to shakes and stuff... i use regular pb for sandwiches.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I got my first jar of it delivered last week. I love it! I have had it on toast a few mornings so far and will try adding it to my shakes. I think it tastes almost just like real peanut butter. I have issues with my gallbladder so cant have loads of fat so im glad I can now have the taste of peanut butter without all the fat. I also love that I get the taste of peanut butter but can save calories for other foods, it opens up more room for me lol.

Cant understand all the hate on it.
  • lemur_lady
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.
    No this thread did not go as I thought it would!! I thought I was being helpful!! GUESS NOT!!
    I say it is a healthy alternative to PB because i LOVE pb!!! and I tend to go waaaay over board with pb and I blame me eating too much pb with my apples for much of these 21 pounds I need to lose.... I know regular PB is healthy but not when you tend to go overboard as i tend to do!!!
    That is why I sat it is healthy!!

And with the PB2 *so far* I am not going overboard!!!

Those of you who did not antagonize me......THANK YOU :flowerforyou:

Those of you who did I think we got off on the wrong foot........

Lisa

Well I appreciate that you took your wounds and clarified :) I will now deflect some of the heat from you and say TURKEY BACON IS BETTER THAN PORK BACON!

I'll take your turkey bacon and raise you veggie bacon.

FYI its great with eggs :)
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone's said this above, but doesn't this stuff have added salt and sugar?

I have 100% real peanut butter every day! love it, no salt, sugar or nasty palm oil. Just peanuts . Available in the uk.

Totally healthy, in moderation. Twice as much good fats as bad fats and it has protein.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=2793
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I haven't tried it just on it's own but I like to put it in my oatmeal with either a few grams of walnuts or with a scoop of protein powder.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to shake my habit for Trader Joe's Sunflower Nut Butter so I continue to buy it for my Ezekiel toast in the a.m.

I love so many other nut butters, not sure I could switch over to powder....

OP glad you've discovered a new way to love PB!:love:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Well, as others have said, peanut butter isn't unhealthy, so I'm not sure why you'd need a "HEALTHY alternative".

I admit that I am a bit curious about PB2. Particularly thinking of how I could use it in baking. I haven't been able to find it in the UK, though :/
    PB2 is just peanut flour, which I'm sure you can find. You can also easily make it the chocolate version by adding cocoa powder. And buying peanut flour is much cheaper than PB2 as well because it isn't marketed as a "diet" product.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to find a problem that can't be solved with peanut butter and a spoon :heart:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    PB2 is essentially dried nuts & then crushed... so I don't see how it's different apart from calories. I love PB2, way more than a mouthful of fat... if you can actually taste the fat then it's kinda not great. PB2 has been around for a while so this post is nothing new. Sorry if I find it nicer for me... I dont care if others like it or not... I worry about what I like.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.
    No this thread did not go as I thought it would!! I thought I was being helpful!! GUESS NOT!!
    I say it is a healthy alternative to PB because i LOVE pb!!! and I tend to go waaaay over board with pb and I blame me eating too much pb with my apples for much of these 21 pounds I need to lose.... I know regular PB is healthy but not when you tend to go overboard as i tend to do!!!

Lisa

Well I appreciate that you took your wounds and clarified :) I will now deflect some of the heat from you and say TURKEY BACON IS BETTER THAN PORK BACON!

Please...........leave.

To be clear, mine was a joke. Just trying to deflect from the OP :) lol
  • lemur_lady
    Options

+ one.

+ two

Lisa

Please...........leave.

:flowerforyou:
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options

img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img
    [/quote

I love that stuff...i could eat it out of the jar lol]
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

i blacked out for a second. i need this immediately!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've never managed to find it in store here in the UK and its really expensive online :( I keep hoping.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Just because it's less calories doesn't make it healthier. They're both healthy. PB2 lacks dietary fat, which I find delicious. I love both but I don't think it's fair to say one is healthier than the other because of its caloric content

^^^This.