Love Peanut Butter? Then read this.......

Options

Replies

• trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    We have PB2 but I don't use it in place of peanut butter. I use to give peanuty flavor to Asian sauces.

Peanut butter's okay but it's not all that. I actually prefer sunflower butter. And our entire family grooves on Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter. SO MUCH BETTER than plain old peanut butter!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.

Also, doesn't PB2 lack the protein of real peanut butter?

And because this is my fav....
    pb-450x355.jpg
  • puffbear
    puffbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this topic, I was staring at the PB at Walmart and did not know what to do. I love love peanut butter. I will check this out along with other recommendations. Thanks :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.

Also, doesn't PB2 lack the protein of real peanut butter?

And because this is my fav....
    pb-450x355.jpg

Yes, PB2 is like 4 or 5 g of protein per serving. Of course, the reduced calories make room for other protein-rich foods in your diet, but it's not a significant source of protein by itself.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    They took a perfectly good food, and made it in to a powder

Ew

Just

Ew
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I too was drawn to it at first... thought it was great and life-changing because of the dramatic caloric reduction. But I really do prefer the real thing. I will not be buying PB2 anymore.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    We have PB2 but I don't use it in place of peanut butter. I use to give peanuty flavor to Asian sauces.

This! I have a great chicken and broccoli salad dish I make that uses a peanut sauce, but I use PB2 instead of peanut butter.

I use PB2 in my casein protein shakes simply because it is lower in cals but still gives me the peanut buttery undertones I love so much.

All of that said, if I had to choose between the 2, REAL natural chunky peanut butter is my hands-down favorite. It's the bomb-diggity!
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for the taste. I only drink it in my shakes
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. I'll pass on powdered PB lacking fat and calories.

Call me when you discover this one instead:
    img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img
    Have you tried the dark chocolate one? Delish...
  • Lizplus3
    Lizplus3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the laughs today! I have never tried the powder - after this not sure if I will or not, but I'm sure that everyone is different and that is what makes this an awesome topic today!!!

Ya'll have an awesome day - now I will so have to have peanut butter and banana after my run today!!!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Amen, respect the peanut and thank a Georgia farmer!!
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

Amen, respect the peanut and thank a Georgia farmer!!

Pb2 is made in Georgia :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    PB2 is yummy. I use it in shakes and smoothies because the powder form is just easier to deal with when making them. However, I think I would rather have the real thing for sandwiches.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Stop hating on the PB2!! I love it and have it almost every day - not as an alternative to peanutbutter, but because I can do so much more with it in powdered form.

I like to:
    - Stir it into my oatmeal
    - Sprinkle on top of ice cream
    - Mix it in with protein shakes
    - Use it for cooking (on chicken, in stir fry, etc)

Yes, I know I can use regular peanutbutter for all of those things. But I'll just be honest and say that I am sometimes just too lazy to mess with the sticky goodness. So, powdered it is. If I want a PB&J sandwich or peanutbutter spread, I use regular peanutbutter.

PB2 is just peanuts, sugar, and salt - so what's the issue? You can have your peanutbutter and eat it, too :)

You have to embrace the sticky goodness. Trying to avoid it just makes things uncomfortable.

emAsi8P.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I got it once when it was on sale and although I did like it, it's way too expensive. I go with whatever is cheaper, but I also don't eat the whole can. I use PB to make fat bombs and low carb cookies mainly.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am sorry Saying one needs a healthy alternative to all natural peanut butter is ridiculous and IMHO is sacrilege.

Next you will be showing us facon (fake bacon)

IIFYM for LIFE!
  • NinaSue6
    NinaSue6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just want to know can I put it on a fat free chocolate cake? I'm just kidding! Before I'm bombarded with mean comment's. It does sound interesting I'll probably look for it and try it. No harm done really, if you keep it in moderation. I do love peanut butter. Thank you.:happy:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Easy on the punctuation there, killer.
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I found a HEALTHY alternative to PB!!!!

Lower calorie ≠ healthier.

There's nothing unhealthy about natural peanut butter, it's just calorie dense.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I use both pb2 and peanut butter. If I'm having a sandwich, it's real peanut butter all the way. But when I'm making a protein smoothie, which already has plenty of calories from bananas, strawberries and protein powder, and fat from the greek yogurt, I save myself the 150 calorie difference between pb2 and peanut butter and use the powdered stuff.

I've also enjoyed pb2 in stews and sauces.