How often do YOU weigh in?

Options

Replies

• RottieLovie
    RottieLovie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Monday morning, works well for me.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and only record when I lose. I do that only because I know that my body fluctuates everyday, so unless I keep gaining, I know it's only the water weight. It's motivating to see the scale drop even .01 lbs every day or even stay the same. Do what you want and what keeps you going.
  • sblueyes
    sblueyes Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh in every day also, but only track on Thursday morning. I do Thursday because that is the day I started, and I weigh at 10 am because that is the time of my first recorded weight.
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, because I have an Aria scale that syncs wirelessly, to a TrendWeight.com which shows how my weight is trending. It's nice to see it that it's trending down.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When I visit my parents, which is usually once a fortnight and sometimes once a week. I don't have a scale for this exact reason- I'll get too attached to the number.
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Mondays once a week. There's a lot of fluctuations during the week, keeping it consistent allows me to make minor tweaks and see the long term results.
  • skinnybearerika
    skinnybearerika Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use a WW scale that only displays a different weight if you lose or gain 2 lbs, that way you won't freak out over water weight (good or bad). for ME its better because i find it too easy to let that number affect my mood.
  • annemarieshilling
    Options
    So glad to see I am not the only one who weighs everyday. I think it gives you the perspective to see how different things affect your weight and to really keep a check on it. Some days I am up 3 and the next day might be down 4. It all depends on calories, salt, exercise, etc but I know my comfort range so I never get too freaked out by the numbers!
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself every Tuesday morning for just over 3 years now, right after I get up. It keeps me from eating too much over the weekend and gives me a buffer to get the week started. I record good or bad, so I can look back and see what made the scale move. I would get too fixated on the numbers if I did every day and look forward (and nervous) to Tuesday mornings. A little celebration for every week I lose. :-)
  • muhonu
    muhonu Posts: 11
    Options
    Once every two weeks or so.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I'm officially putting an end to that today. Some people are ok with the daily fluctuations, I'm not. Seeing a two pound gain over night can ruin my entire day. I'm sick of it, so I'm having my husband hide the scale tonight and he will only give it to me on the 1st of every month.
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    frequently throughout the week. but only log a weight loss if I've maintained it over a couple different weigh ins. that way not logging in water loss. also don't get worked up over a few pounds weight gain over a day or so. just water and salt.
  • tcrowl91
    tcrowl91 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started, but I intend to weigh in once a week. My first weigh in should be this coming Friday. I hope the scale I have reads accurately. It's an "oooolder" model, so I definitely need a new one that does not change every time I step on it.
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I get up. Doing this keeps me in line.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Twice a week total, once for official data collection, and once for error correction (i.e., feedback about my eating, because I can do a hell of a lot of damage in a full week if I am being careless . . .).
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh myself every few weeks. Unlike a lot of the responses I've read, the scale does not motivate me one way or the other. I use to weigh myself weekly, but I have learned that I am best motivated by all the NSVs. There is definitely no right or wrong way to do it. Find what works for you and enjoy the journey!!!
  • kaylaweinzatl
    kaylaweinzatl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily however I only post it to My Fitness Pal once a week.
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily when I get up. I record my weight any time it changes for the good or for the bad...THAT keeps me motivated! There is not a right or wrong way, whatever it takes!