How often do YOU weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week on Fridays. I like checking at the end of every week since I work really hard to stay on track. It's nice to see my results. (:
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day. This time, I have logged in 47 straight days, and I have not weighed my self. I see and feel changes. I have a pair of pants, once I get them on, I will weigh myself. I don't want to work as hard as I have and have the number throw me off my game. Once I do get on, my plan is to weigh myself once a month. That gives me a month to keep it up, or make changes.
  • rrlwelter
    rrlwelter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, log it in a spreadsheet, and then forget the number (THAT's the hard part, LOL!). At the end of the week, the spreadsheet calculates my average weight for the week, and compares it to the week before. As a result, I don't panic when the particular day of the week or month I chose to weigh myself happens to be my high point for that time period, and I don't crazy celebrate when it's my lowest point of the time period.

Instead, each day's weight is simply a piece of data that helps me to track overall trends.

I don't do measurements, however, instead I use how my clothes are fitting.
  • eluna72
    eluna72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too weight in every day but I don't "officially" record anything in my journal until Monday mornings. Weighing in every day has helped me stick with the program!
  • KutieMK
    KutieMK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ya everyone tells me to weigh only once per week. I like to do it everyday. I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.
  • majomi1579
    Options
    I'm just starting but I plan to weigh myself once a week. I was going to weigh on Thursdays (the day I started) but my daughter started on a Wednesday so I think I will weigh on Wednesday so we can share (good or bad). It would be a mother-daughter-bonding moment. My daughter is in another state and I don't see her often so I like to share whatever I can with her - even if it's our weight lose...:blushing:
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, because I have an Aria scale that syncs wirelessly, to a TrendWeight.com which shows how my weight is trending. It's nice to see it that it's trending down.

Thank you for posting this! I also have the Aria scale, and I weigh in every day. I just signed up for the TrendWeight site you suggested, and it's awesome to see the trended loss plus seeing the extra stats is great!
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Every day, I like my scale now. :-)
  • thomregan
    thomregan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week on Wednesday morning. I'm actually having a bit of a freak out tonight because I won't be at home this Wednesday, and I'm struggling to decide between weighing in a day early, two days late, or just going for the long haul and not weighing in until the Wednesday after I get back.

Decisions, decisions!
  • Jump4Fitness
    Jump4Fitness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every couple of days, because I get discouraged if I don't see any progress.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Twice a month (just like my pay). If I find that my actions are impairing progress, I'll increase to weekly weigh-ins.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Every day. I can see how some would get obsessive about it or get discouraged, but for me it's very motivating. I have an app on my phone that records each day and tracks the general trend of your weight loss. I fluctuate a lot from day to day, and seeing that red line going down helps me to see that I'm generally on the right track even though I'm very up and down from day to day.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Every day. Some days I kiss my scale, other days I give it the finger. Feedback everyday helps me stay focused and prevents rationalization.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was weighing daily but it made me feel crappy sometimes, so I'm gonna stick with once a week.
  • Blossomforth13
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I obsess if I don't, and start freaking out. I used to weigh more than once but have scaled myself back.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    After getting a little too obsessed with the scale for the first time in my life, I put the scale away last August. I haven't weighed since then. I've been estimating my loss based off how my old, slimmer-self clothes fit.

When a certain pair of jeans, which are the smallest ones I've ever owned, are falling off I'll get on the scale. They currently fit so I should be weighing again in a few weeks.
  • TehBuggers
    TehBuggers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on Thursdays after work. I don't own a scale, and never have. I've always used the mirror and how I feel (energy level, etc). I go to my parents house every Thursday night for a family supper and I weigh myself before we eat, because until I hit my goal weight it's a simple way to track progress besides "I feel good today," "I feel really good today"
  • rmhmartin
    rmhmartin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I check every morning but only record Fridays. It helps motivate me to see the number each day (whether it is up or down).
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • bgarganera
    Options
    Twice a week (both towards the end of my "dieting" week")
    I do this to make sure the weigh-in isn't a fluke for instance if I'm holding water for one particular day, it may fluctuate my weigh in, and just confirms to me what progress I made or didn't make for the week.