TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Update! I wore the jeans that I accidentally put through the dryer over the summer and have been uncomfortably tight ever since last night. And they were comfortable!! Either something that I'm doing here is working - or they finally loosened up a little. Either way, I'm happy!

Incredible! I love when this sort of thing happens :happy: A small victory in itself! Hope you celebrated! heheh
    I don't think I've lost anything yet but I'm scared to check. I know I checked the other day and had gained a little less than 1 pound. I'm fine with that but I need to kick my butt into gear to actually lose more not just maintain. I was doing so well then I go through bouts of depression and totally lose track. You ladies are a true inspiration! And we CAN do this!! 20 days til I am a married woman! Yikes. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

Congrats on the nuptials, Carrie! You must be so excited!
    Depression, especially chronic, can really hinder success in the weight-loss department. I struggled a lot with my mental health while I was a student and it definitely showed on the scale. Often it's hard to even get motivated to get out of bed - I totally understand! Make the best of the days you have things under control and chalk the rest up to "life getting in the way", I'd say. As long as you are taking control over what you CAN control, then you can definitely do this too!! I will be weighing in again on Monday - feel free to join me if you like, or wait another week. Either way, you can count on us for support and motivation!
  • To be down to 170 by the end of October! (10 lb loss)
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    miss_amy: To reach a 25lb total loss. - 7.4lbs away from goal! :)
    meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    H_82: To lose at least 10 lbs
    KristyF08: 12lbs away from goal weight!!!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 165lbs, run in 1st 5K race
    cshaffer213: Reach a total of 20 lbs weight loss (@ 8lbs today)
    aprildauer: To lose 10lbs.
    MTDork87: To complete the 30 Day Shred and get to 130 (7 lbs away)
    inskydiamonds: start going to the gym at least once a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3ks! (7lbs i think)
    Luckie712: To lose at least 10 pounds and stick with Slim in 6
    BioQueen: To be down to 165 by the end of October
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
    TheNewStacie: Get all 5 cardio days in every week, Lose at least 5 lbs
    Leela30: Lose those stubborn 10 lbs
    Tabika05: To fit into my sexy jeans by Christmas!
    Jmmtaylor- To lose at least 8 pounds!! (will be 15 total so far)
    TheKitsune6- To lose at least 15 pounds
    Lauratx22- To lose 10 pounds..-2lbs...-2 more pounds 6 more to go now!
    efmalcolm- Lose 10 pounds this first month!
    runner915- To be down to 163 by Halloween and to run the Halloween 5k in 26:00
    AshleyLEldred: To lose an additional 10 lbs. Be down below the 270 range. I also want to hit the gym a minimum of 4 times per week.
    clothes_of_sand- lose 7 pounds (to put me down at 140 even) and be ready to move to level 3 of the 30 day shred.
    ashleighk2010- To lose 10lbs (a total of 20 in two months) and be around 155. And CLIMB A MOUNTAIN. =]
    orange_avocado- Lose 5lbs and burn 1350 calories each week.
    lblocker23- to reach my goal weight of 128 lbs by December 25th
    emmyworthy- By the end of October I want to be under 200lbs!!!! -Oct 8-another 2lbs gone,13 to go!
    ameliafellenz- my goal is to lose 8 pounds this month
    coatadaycarrie- To get down to 145 by Halloween
    muzikenergy - 10lbs by Halloween, gym at least 4 days a week!
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)!
    iwannaheartlife - Lose 10lbs by Halloween and exercise 5 days a week!!! Good Luck!!!
    kgprncss01- 10lbs by halloween sounds awesome! I would love to get one of those cute costumes!
    Steph_135 - Reach 180 lbs by Halloween!
    happy_jax - To lose the 0.8kg I put on while on holiday and once more reach my goal weight. Develop a 'New lifestyle!'
    foxygrl441- to get under 200
    abbracadabra - to lose 10lbs by the end of October and be under 200lbs
    Uconncoed- to lose 10 pounds - making my weight 162
    Lostalykat- To lose 5lbs- And make it to the AM gym class
    CoryIda - 30-45 minutes of cardio 5x/week
    lulu_beans - 10 pounds :)
    stuartme123 - To lose 5lbs - and to work out at least 3 times a week
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    i wanna lose 10lbs also...this will get me well past this stubborn plateau that i am at!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    if anyone wants to friend me to give/get some extra support feel free :)
  • meagalayne
    tjradd73 - added you! you can definitely get the support you need on MFP to meet your goals. this place is awesome!

Lauratx22 - Amazing results! You're doing such a great job this month already. No doubt you're going to reach your goal of 10lbs lost by the 31st!
  • meagalayne
    Bear with me - I need to ***** and complain for a few mins...

So apparently I have the worst sleep schedule EVER. I work Thurs and Sat nights at an incredibly busy night club 35 mins from my house by highway. My shifts are usually 10pm or 11pm until 3am and then a long drive home. I tend not to like to waste my ENTIRE day sleeping, so I usually get up between 8am and 9am most days, depending on my schedule and what else I have planned. So I guess my body doesn't realize that on days that I get up at 8am, work til 3:15, and then can't fall asleep until 5 because my mind is still racing from work and the drive home, that I DON'T want to be awake again the next day at 9am. Ughh! To make matters worse, it's Thanksgiving here and that means loads of family, no personal space, and definitely no chance of grabbing a nap. Oh and lots of food everywhere - GREAT!

My only solace in this fact is that I may be exhausted enough tonight to fall asleep at a decent hour and getting a good night's sleep for tomorrow's race, which I have to be up at 7am to run.

Is it sad that the hardest part about only sleeping 4-5 hours most nights (Im usually up late every night, either commuting back from my boyfriend's place or just unable to sleep) is that I am awake and fueling (read: eating) for 19-20 hours instead of the recommended 16-17? haha It's so much easier to just eat myself into a stupor and go wayyy over my calories. I imagine my body is probably going to shut down at some point and weight-loss will stagnate if I don't start getting regular sleep at proper intervals.

Ah well. Enough complaining. Let's hope today isn't too horrendous. Can't wait for Thanksgiving to be over and to return to normal, where I have control over my diet and don't have to conform to the same sorts of foods that everyone else enjoys eating. It's like I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like turkey/potatoes/stuffing....! I'd much rather spend those calories on something tasty delicious. Monday's a new day. Also my weigh-in. Wish me luck!!
    -Meag:heart:
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    meagalayne, your day/night seems too hectic but like someone said earlier on this thread, that if you are staying awkae longer, you will need more food. So eat more if you are feeling hungry/tired. And even if you aren't able to fall asleep (as it happens when one is extremely tired) but you do have some time to rest, just lie down & close your eyes. That'll help get you relax a bit. At least it helps me on my crazy days

Good luck for your race & weigh-in! And, Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Meag- Good Luck for your race and weigh in!!
    We're all rooting for you=]
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Meag-

Sorry to hear everything is piling up on you this week :-/ It sux big time when all the pieces land against you at once. But you've been doing despite all these things! You are completely the reason I have the patience to keep coming back - I started about the same place you did before MFP, I was proly 185/190. I see you and think, if she can do it, I can too!

You're going to do great in your race (and in the later one) and you are going to make it through Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and every crazy thing work can throw at you- cuz you're totally bad *kitten* like that. :-) Hang in there.

~Meggon
  • meagalayne
    You ladies are the best!!! XOXO Man, I love MFP! hehe Those posts made me feel great, even after having a huge snack an hour before Thanksgiving dinner :laugh: I'm hoping a healthy snack will fill me up now and so I won't be inclined to eat too much unhealthy stuff that I don't know the calorie count on... Let's hope that works!

I spent a few hours shopping today (new bras that finally fit and then groceries) and actually managed to a) bring a snack and b) avoid being tempted by all the delicious, high-calorie terrible stuff they sell at the market. So that was a small victory!

As for the race - I'll keep you guys posted once I get home in the evening. Hoping to post a final time of less than 33 mins, but who knows what will happen.

Meggon - I'm so glad that my weight loss is motivating you :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: That's awesome! I really was not able to see myself 50lbs lighter when I first started, and even know still think of myself as the "L/XL" girl (started at size 14), although I wear a size small (6) in nearly every store now (including running clothes). The hardest part to change is your frame of mind so it's awesome that you can see yourself reaching your goals! I still can't really wrap my mind around it some days hehe

I too am motivated by all your exercise and the CRAZY progress you are making with running. You are going to be sweeping the floor with me in no time! haha Just wish you lived around here so I could have a running partner in a few weeks time. It's taken me 7 months to be able to go 4 miles, so the fact that you are doing it and feeling strong is amazing!

Ok ladies. Time to face the family - and the food! Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be thinking about all of you tomorrow morning! Hopefully it'll keep my legs moving...
    Meag:heart:
  • eff8710
    eff8710 Posts: 14 Member
    I need to get my 5 workouts in every week, and not going over my daily calorie allowance!!
  • Your right, 20 pounds is a little high. I think that for my mini goal, is gonna be, I wanna weigh under 220 by halloween. So, thats 9 pounds. Every time I get to 221, I just stop losing and gain weight back. I bought the new Tae bo dvd after taking an intense cardio combat class at the gym.
  • meagalayne
    Morning ladies!!

Stephanie - Tae Bo is a great workout! Brilliant idea :bigsmile: I hope you really enjoy it.

RACE DAY TODAY!! Andddd.... I lost all that water weight from last week, thank goodness. Down to 138lbs so only 3lbs away from my October goal with 20 days remaining :drinker: I can do this!

I wish you all a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving (even those of you in the US) and a great start to your week! Even if you didn't have a great weekend food wise, it's a new day and a new chance to start living healthy and feeling better.

I'll be thinking of you all while I'm running!
    Meag :heart:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    hi friends!

so just a quick update...

i had a crappy weekend. i weighed myself saturday expecting/hoping to lose some more lbs and didn't. :( staying the same weight is better than gaining, but i was pretty upset that i didn't lose after a good week of working out and eating good. ah well, can't lose all the time and i know that losing slower means its more likely to stay off, but i spent most of the weekend sulking about it lol. but! i am NOT giving up. i am determined to lose this week. i'm gonna work hard, drink extra water, and eat some more fruits/veggies. hopefully i'll see a good loss. i'm not sure if i'll make my goal by halloween (still 7.4lbs to go) but hopefully i'll get close. i'll be happy with even a 4lb loss by then (which will get me to about 22lbs gone).

i hope everyone is doing good! i am reading all of your stories and successes and i'm happy to be a part of such a supportive group! let's keep it up! :)

have a great week!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    stephanie8383: That's a great goal! The small, mini-goals seems to be the key to reaching whatever magic number is awaiting each of us at the other side of this. Good luck this month and we're all rooting for you!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    I had my weekly weigh-in today & lost 1.5lbs but that's not making me happy :(:(:(
    I'm still feeling crappy and have been feeling this way the whole day. Anyway, inspite of that I dragged myself to the gym & completed my work-out for the day sucessfully. I didn't eat too well today but still it wasn't all that bad.

Just venting here makes me feel better and of course, the day is over....I can sleep now :)

Tomorrow will be a happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    hey all, hope everyone had a great weekend! sat. i spent the day at six flags, which of course meant some not so great food choices.. i did manage to get in a turbofire workout before we left, and of course spent the day walking around so the next day the scale was the same. sunday i spent 3.5 hours wandering through a corn maze, and today...spent all day in bed feeling terrible, with half a voice. i barely ate anything b/c i felt like i was gonna puke, and didn't work out.. almost called outta work, but made it in tonight, and will hopefully be back on track tomorrow. i've been in a rut with the weight loss, but i have a feeling i need to be less lazy and cut out some of the processed meals i've been leaning towards lately... helllllloo frustration!
  • meagalayne
    Hey my wonderful MFP Oct Challenge friends!! :bigsmile:

Allie - Sorry to hear you were sick all day :frown: Cutting out as much processed food as possible will DEFINITELY help in the weight loss department. Making easy and healthy meals ahead of time and having stuff ready to eat in the fridge is a great way to get through the week and stick to your calorie goals. I find that planning ahead takes a little effort in the beginning but during the week it relieves a lot of stress - esp the "what am I going to eat?" aggravation every night followed by the "holy *kitten*, I can't believe I just ate that" guilt haha If you need any suggestions, let me know! I'm suuuuch a foodie :happy: Six Flags does sound amazing though. I am SO jealous :tongue:

spellbinder25 - 1.5lbs lost and you're not happy!?!? Revel in your successes! If you don't celebrate them, no one will. I hope that you are feeling better about your progress in the morning because a 1.5lb loss in one week is AMAZING and you should be pretty proud of yourself. Totally understand the "feeling crappy and unmotivated" vibe though... It happens to the best of us. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Miss_Amy - Glad to hear that you are still feeling determined. We've got 20 whole days left in the month of Oct (only 1/3 of the way there) so plenty of time to kick @ss and take names. You can definitely make a good run at your goals by then if you follow the basics and don't get down on yourself :smile: You're doing so well, I can't really picture you giving up any time soon.

As for me - Today was INCREDIBLE! Best day I've had in a very long time.

My morning weigh-in was a great start. Down 4lbs from last week and on my way to 135 in no time! I'm psyched :glasses:

My 5k race started at 930am and my boyfriend and dad came to cheer us on (my mom, at 57, ran the race too! she's such a trooper hehe) - it was so nice to have people cheering for us from start to finish. They walked to see us half way (it was a long loop) and then walked back to the finish line, taking a few pics along the way which I'm hoping to post either tonight or tomorrow. I ended up besting my PR (personal record) by quite a lot and posting a final chip time of 29:57 - Considering my goal was to be under 33:00, I felt really good about it. I sprinted the last 200 meters and it felt amazing. It was so wonderful to have loving and supportive people there to celebrate with, as well. All your messages and kind words also motivated me to keep pushing, even when my legs were telling me not to run another step! I was really proud of my finish and I couldn't wait to get back and tell you guys about it :bigsmile: Wohoo!!

The rest of the day, bf and I ate super healthy meals we cooked at home, went on a LONG walk (my legs are killing me) and spend a few hours at High Park in Toronto under the sun. Great, great day.

Thank you for listening to me gush! Hope you are all doing well. Have a great night and catch up with you folks tomorrow!
    -Meag :heart:
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    miss_amy: To reach a 25lb total loss. - 7.4lbs away from goal! :)
    meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    H_82: To lose at least 10 lbs
    KristyF08: 12lbs away from goal weight!!!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 165lbs, run in 1st 5K race
    cshaffer213: Reach a total of 20 lbs weight loss (@ 8lbs today)
    aprildauer: To lose 10lbs.
    MTDork87: To complete the 30 Day Shred and get to 130 (7 lbs away)
    inskydiamonds: start going to the gym at least once a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3ks! (7lbs i think)
    Luckie712: To lose at least 10 pounds and stick with Slim in 6
    BioQueen: To be down to 165 by the end of October
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
    TheNewStacie: Get all 5 cardio days in every week, Lose at least 5 lbs
    Leela30: Lose those stubborn 10 lbs
    Tabika05: To fit into my sexy jeans by Christmas!
    Jmmtaylor- To lose at least 8 pounds!! (will be 15 total so far)
    TheKitsune6- To lose at least 15 pounds
    Lauratx22- To lose 10 pounds..-2lbs...-2lbs ...-1.5 lbs gone 4.5 more to go now!
    efmalcolm- Lose 10 pounds this first month!
    runner915- To be down to 163 by Halloween and to run the Halloween 5k in 26:00
    AshleyLEldred: To lose an additional 10 lbs. Be down below the 270 range. I also want to hit the gym a minimum of 4 times per week.
    clothes_of_sand- lose 7 pounds (to put me down at 140 even) and be ready to move to level 3 of the 30 day shred.
    ashleighk2010- To lose 10lbs (a total of 20 in two months) and be around 155. And CLIMB A MOUNTAIN. =]
    orange_avocado- Lose 5lbs and burn 1350 calories each week.
    lblocker23- to reach my goal weight of 128 lbs by December 25th
    emmyworthy- By the end of October I want to be under 200lbs!!!! -Oct 8-another 2lbs gone,13 to go!
    ameliafellenz- my goal is to lose 8 pounds this month
    coatadaycarrie- To get down to 145 by Halloween
    muzikenergy - 10lbs by Halloween, gym at least 4 days a week!
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)!
    iwannaheartlife - Lose 10lbs by Halloween and exercise 5 days a week!!! Good Luck!!!
    kgprncss01- 10lbs by halloween sounds awesome! I would love to get one of those cute costumes!
    Steph_135 - Reach 180 lbs by Halloween!
    happy_jax - To lose the 0.8kg I put on while on holiday and once more reach my goal weight. Develop a 'New lifestyle!'
    foxygrl441- to get under 200
    abbracadabra - to lose 10lbs by the end of October and be under 200lbs
    Uconncoed- to lose 10 pounds - making my weight 162
    Lostalykat- To lose 5lbs- And make it to the AM gym class
    CoryIda - 30-45 minutes of cardio 5x/week
    lulu_beans - 10 pounds :)
    stuartme123 - To lose 5lbs - and to work out at least 3 times a week
This discussion has been closed.