TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Options

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hiii I want to join! i'm joining late!!

Mid month refresh! Re-add your goals if you're still in the challenge!

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
    inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
    cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
    TheNewStacie: Lose 5 lbs, get in at least 3 days of cardio
    miss_amy: To lose 4 more lbs & work out 5 days a week!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 162 lbs & to have a 10 mile single week running mileage
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    Stuartme123: To weigh less than 160lbs, to work out at least 3 days a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3 kilos. 1k to go!
    TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
    tjradd73-lose 10lbs (down 6lbs and 4lbs to go!)
    Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
    christzl - lose 8 lbs by end of October (lose 60lbs in total)
    Paigeb15- my already planned goal for the month was to run my first 5K (completed on 10/16! at 34 min), other goal.. maintain my goal weight of 115 all month (ive been here before but never maintained) and work on toning up!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Quick update!

Well, one of my goals for Oct was to complete 10 consecutive push-ups. Needless to say, I'm horrible at push-ups and having a really hard time making progress. So, today on a whim I decided to take on the challenge at www.hundredpushups.com -- I'm starting W1D2 today, but will likely repeat Week 1 next week as well. Feel free to join in with me! It's only a few mins a day, 3 days a week, and hopefully we can all rejoice in our progress together ;)

I decided to do something different today... I speed walked 1.5 miles, then climbed 500 stairs to the top of the escarpment here, ran down them, then ran 1.5 miles back home. Not a bad work out. About 52 minutes all told. Not super high-intensity but I definitely had my HR up and my breathing sure was laboured doing those stairs... Hope you're all logging some great exercise today (unless of course it's a rest day :wink:)

-Meag:heart:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Quick update!

Well, one of my goals for Oct was to complete 10 consecutive push-ups. Needless to say, I'm horrible at push-ups and having a really hard time making progress. So, today on a whim I decided to take on the challenge at www.hundredpushups.com -- I'm starting W1D2 today, but will likely repeat Week 1 next week as well. Feel free to join in with me! It's only a few mins a day, 3 days a week, and hopefully we can all rejoice in our progress together ;)

I want to try this! Lets start a topic for it!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Quick update!

I want to try this! Lets start a topic for it!
    Ask and you shall receive! :wink: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128418-go-team-october-hundred-push-up-challenge
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i want to do the new pushup challenge as well!!!! where do i sign up?!?!? :)

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
    inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
    cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
    Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
    Paigeb15- my already planned goal for the month was to run my first 5K (completed on 10/16! at 34 min), other goal.. maintain my goal weight of 115 all month (ive been here before but never maintained) and work on toning up!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    i want to do the new pushup challenge as well!!!! where do i sign up?!?!? :)

Meag started a new thread-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128418-go-team-october-hundred-push-up-challenge?page=1#posts-1744098

Good luck! I start tomorrow!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Also, completely random thing but when we start a November Challenge- can we just go by "Twenties" or "TCFMT" or something? The word chubby is a total downer.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Also, completely random thing but when we start a November Challenge- can we just go by "Twenties" or "TCFMT" or something? The word chubby is a total downer.

thanks a lot I posted on that thread and I'm in!! :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, Meggon. We can certainly re-name it with something a little more body and health-positive! I'm alright with that if everyone else is... Any suggestions from the group?
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, Meggon. We can certainly re-name it with something a little more body and health-positive! I'm alright with that if everyone else is... Any suggestions from the group?

i like just twenties or maybe "kicking *kitten* in our 20's" I'll be up for anything...just let me know so I don't lose you guys :)
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hahaha....i do like "kicking *kitten* in our 20's"
  • kattungen
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    kattungen - lose 3.3 lbs by November 1st
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I like that name too especially the *kitten* part hehe. So everyone I need support right now. I feel like I have gone backwards instead of forwards this month. I peeked at the scale today and it is up almost 2lbs :( I ate healthy yesterday too since I was feeling sick. My bf is getting frustrated that I keep talking about this and that I have a bad mood in the morning after I check the scale. I am not sure what to do. I know I have not been as diligent as I could have been on my tracking and I plan to fix that starting now. I also have let the weekends, and weddings and other events take over where I don't track what I am eating and I end up with a hangover so I do damage two days in a row. I really want to kick it into gear. Right now I feel at a loss. I am trying to focus on the fact that I have been getting up for my AM workout classes, and I still workout at least 4 days a week most of the time 5.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    CoryIda - 30-45 minutes of cardio 5x/week
  • TheAmateur
    Options

*** TheAmateur- To lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?) ***
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Tried the Day 1 sets of the 100pushups program - and I was expecting to not do so well, but it was still pretty humbling! Then, since I already had my computer and my mat set up, I followed a yoga class posted on Youtube (my normal class was CANCELED today!) First time I've tried doing online/video guides and I think I'm going to have to search around for one that fits where I am right now (first one was too fast for me, second one was not enough of a workout - but awesome stretching) Have any of you tried yoga with a video guide instead of an in person class? And do you have any suggestions for links that you liked?

Here's the site that the one I used came from: http://yogayak.com/category/video/free-yoga-class/ There's a bunch on there, and I think I'll take turns trying them out when I miss the actual classes or if I just want more!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options

*** TheAmateur- To lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?) ***
    guamgrly (Bethany) - lose 2 pounds and get back to working out at least 2 times per week
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I know I am waaaay late for this challenge but I have been stuck in the recipes message boards and this is the first time I am looking at these threads. So my goal for the next 10 days is to lose 2 pounds and get back to working out at least twice a week. I was doing really good on MFP until my grandma got very ill and was on her death bed. My family came into town to say their goodbyes and for the funeral so I resorted to my old eating habits while I was with them. They have been gone since Monday and I am glad that I have returned to my weight that I was before they arrived.

Now a little bit about me. I am Bethany and only have about 14 months left in my twenties but I want to start my thirties out properly. I am a single mother to 2 children. I have been the chubby kid for most of my life. I was thinnest my senior year of high school. I ballooned in my early twenties and got to my heaviest weight at 180. I joined Weight Watchers and was able to lose some significant weight. I weighed 180 when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter so that made me a little happier. I didn't gain too much weight with my son but can no longer blame my weight on him because he is now 3. My ultimate goal is to get down to at least 130. I currently weigh in at 145 and I am 5'3'. I want to be a good example for my kids so I am determined to hit my goal weight and never look back!!

As I was reading some of the threads with people not satisfied because they had not lost any weight but were still working out and eating right. To those people, please keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so do not focus on the number on the scale. Keep in mind how your clothes are fitting and how your body is changing.

I am so excited to join this group. Happy Losing!!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    I feel like I have gone backwards instead of forwards this month. I peeked at the scale today and it is up almost 2lbs :( I ate healthy yesterday too since I was feeling sick. My bf is getting frustrated that I keep talking about this and that I have a bad mood in the morning after I check the scale. I am not sure what to do. I know I have not been as diligent as I could have been on my tracking and I plan to fix that starting now. I also have let the weekends, and weddings and other events take over where I don't track what I am eating and I end up with a hangover so I do damage two days in a row. I really want to kick it into gear. Right now I feel at a loss. I am trying to focus on the fact that I have been getting up for my AM workout classes, and I still workout at least 4 days a week most of the time 5.

Deep breath Aly! Go take your scale and hide it. Put it away somewhere and don't think about it for at least 2 weeks. I would say longer, but at minimum you need to give yourself a break and you won't do that with the scale looming over you.

And the bf may be slightly (and inadvertently) on to something. Though it would be nice if he could be a bit more supportive, maybe the fact that he's getting all grumpy is a sign that it's starting to take you over a bit too much. Maybe try turning to more positive aspects of getting healthy. Focus on planning healthy but SATISFYING meals and snacks- obsess over that a little. Likewise with workouts- getting up and hitting the gym in the AM is is great! But maybe for a little while try finding some fun, inspiring workouts- boxing or dancing.

Bottom line- weight and losing it isn't motivating you right now and its stressing you out. It's time for an adjustment- being happy is the ultimate goal!

We're all here for you Aly- you can do it!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Great advice Meggon! Couldn't have said it better myself... I *totally* understand being a scale-slave sometimes and wanting the immediate gratification of weight loss. It's a huge motivator! But having non-scale goals and victories, as well as recognizing changing habits and attitudes, is really what living a healthy lifestyle long term is about. Putting the scale away for a while might be a good way to regain some perspective on why you're doing this in the first place (to everyone, not just Aly!) -- Afterall, once the weight is gone you won't be done living healthy and you'll need to continue to set goals for yourself and stay motivated in order to maintain your healthy, active lifestyle. It can be really difficult to adjust and feel satisfied once the scale is no longer of great importance if you haven't set NSGs along the way. Focusing on eating the right foods and quantities (not just cals in/cals out), exercising (cardio + strength - a good balance) and staying happy by doing things you enjoy with people you love that contribute to, and don't threaten, your lifestyle changes are all good ways of accomplishing this. Best of luck to everyone in this regard!
    -Meag :heart: