TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Options

Replies

• TheAmateur
    Options
    Joining late but I want to loose 7 lbs by the end the October ... :)
    I started on 10/13.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in on Thursday - so I'll post an update then!

But I have some news from today: I signed up for a rock climbing class this semester (yes, I am getting college credit for this!) and we just had our first meeting today! We didn't do too much climbing, just getting to know each other and basic things. But I did work up a sweat on one point (while hanging on for dear life!) and man, I can still feel my forearms!! I don't think that I've ever really worked them before, so this class will be interesting. I'm really excited, a couple times we're going to take trips to local climbing areas (the rock wall at our gym is really small). And I signed up with my roommate - so maybe we can go practice on our own sometimes, or keep going on our own once the class is over!
  • sophieg77
    Options
    Mid month refresh! Re-add your goals if you're still in the challenge!

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
    inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
    cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
    TheNewStacie: Lose 5 lbs, get in at least 3 days of cardio
    miss_amy: To lose 4 more lbs & work out 5 days a week!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 162 lbs & to have a 10 mile single week running mileage
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    Stuartme123: To weigh less than 160lbs, to work out at least 3 days a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3 kilos. 1k to go!

look at everyone's success! yay!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Adding TheAmateur to our growing list....

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
    inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
    cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    TheAmateur- lose 7lbs

Great job, all!!! So good to see people sticking to their guns. Re-evaluating your goals and adjusting them is a great mid-month once you have a better idea of how things are going, how stressful life is going to be, how your body is adjusting, etc. It's good to keep your goals attainable so that you don't end up feeling discouraged at month's end :happy:

So nice to see such amazing progress with all of you. Also great to see off-scale goals regarding exercise and food intake. You ladies are brilliant :happy: 12 more days left!

Go Team October!
    -Meag:heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    But I have some news from today: I signed up for a rock climbing class this semester (yes, I am getting college credit for this!) and we just had our first meeting today! We didn't do too much climbing, just getting to know each other and basic things. But I did work up a sweat on one point (while hanging on for dear life!) and man, I can still feel my forearms!! I don't think that I've ever really worked them before, so this class will be interesting. I'm really excited, a couple times we're going to take trips to local climbing areas (the rock wall at our gym is really small). And I signed up with my roommate - so maybe we can go practice on our own sometimes, or keep going on our own once the class is over!
    Amazing exercise option with rock climbing! It's great for your upper AND lower body (power through with your legs - they tire a lot less quickly than your arms...) and you'll definitely work up a sweat! Can't wait to see your Michelle Obama arms once you're done :wink: Nice job on the college credit too. Two birds with one stone! hahah
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)

Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been lousy with flu for the last few days which is never good for my weight because I stay in all day, cwtched up on the sofa with my quilt, trying to avoid the cold air which just means I am around food all day long!
    But I've been really good and haven't once gone over my calories. So even though I haven't really done any exercise because I can't face the cold outside I feel like Friday's weigh in is gonna be a big number=] Hopefully tomorrow and Thursday I will be feeling a little better so I can get some workouts in and I might just wrap myself up really warm tonight and go for a walk.
    Well done to all of you who have managed to stick with this thread!!! Glad to have you all supporting me along the way!!
    xxx
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Amazing progress Allie! You've lost so much you had to adjust your goal :drinker: Wooot! Keep that momentum up and push on through. Even if you don't quite make it to 165 you have done super well this month already! Really, really motivating!

Emmy - Hope you're feeling better, dear. Being sick is no fun at all. Lately I feel like I'm always coming down with something... With my work at the bar I come in close contact with sick individuals all the time who aren't kind enough to just stay home. It's awful! Rest up and get better -- and then get back to work!!! haha jk Lots of fluids while you're sick and you should be fine on the scale this Friday. Just watch your sodium intake if you're having loads of soup :wink:

Great job everyone. What a great week so far! We should start tracking everyones progress in a spreadsheet... Maybe for Nov? Could be neat to see how far everyone's come....
    Meag :heart:
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see your Michelle Obama arms once you're done :wink:

hahahaha :laugh: :laugh: ANYTHING to get rid of that pesky underarm flab!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Can't wait to see your Michelle Obama arms once you're done :wink:

hahahaha :laugh: :laugh: ANYTHING to get rid of that pesky underarm flab!
    Tell me about it! hehe... Your arms are going to be the talk of the town!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'M STILL HERE!!! :)

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
    tjradd73-lose 10lbs (down 6lbs and 4lbs to go!)

great job to those of you who are still here!! keep it up :) we have 12 days left!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.

great job to those of you who are still here!! keep it up :) we have 12 days left!!!

Great thinking! I needed to re-evaluate!
  • meagalayne
    Options

Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.

Great thinking! I needed to re-evaluate!

Great idea... I need new runners soon too, but I think I'll wait and treat myself in November or December...I don't actually *need* them. I just want them! Instead I may treat myself to some cold-weather running pants and a fuel belt before my 10k race. Decisions, decisions!!

For those who don't have me added as a friend, shame on you! haha jk I mean, add me! I should have added you by now. But anyway, I've decided to lower my goals to lose 0.5lbs per week instead of 1lb per week, in light of the fact that I am nearing my goal weight and need to start putting on lean muscle mass. The reality is that I look "skinny fat" instead of looking fit and lean and I want to change that. I also need to get into a place where I can reasonably start maintenance. I've been losing for over a year now (!!! holy *kitten* it's been a long time coming...) and my diet and calorie intake is so ingrained that eating more makes me feel very guilty. I need to change my mindset about it and eat more calorie rich foods, more protein, and more fats to meet my goals. I'm going to start by adding some PB, more nuts, and possibly protein powder into the 'mix' (hahah... my puns really get me going). Who knows what else! If you have any suggestions, fire them off. I'm all ears.

Best of luck to everyone this week! Keep up the good work :happy: You guys are all rocking it!
    -Meag:heart:
  • MeganKS
    MeganKS Posts: 18
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
  • christzl
    christzl Posts: 2 Member
    Options

TheAmateur- lose 7lbs
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
    christzl - lose 8 lbs by end of October (lose 60lbs in total)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Great idea... I need new runners soon too, but I think I'll wait and treat myself in November or December...I don't actually *need* them. I just want them! Instead I may treat myself to some cold-weather running pants and a fuel belt before my 10k race. Decisions, decisions!!
    meagalayne... Yeah, I really need new shoes. I want to join a running group one of these days too, so I would need some outdoor running clothes as well, and I can only imagine what the total cost of that would be... Maybe I'll wait until spring to do that...
  • meagalayne
    Options
    meagalayne... Yeah, I really need new shoes. I want to join a running group one of these days too, so I would need some outdoor running clothes as well, and I can only imagine what the total cost of that would be... Maybe I'll wait until spring to do that...
    Ya... It's turning into an expensive habit. I am constantly craving new clothes, especially now that winter is setting in. I run outside 3-5 times a week and with the cold it's really imperative that I have nice warm clothing. And now that I'm running farther, I need to get a fuel belt, gloves, etc and I'm wanting all kinds of neat toys. I want to treat myself for all my hard work, but I'm relatively poor so it's hard to find a good balance. Is it really cold where you live? I live in Canada and our winters are brutal... not looking forward to runs in the snow! :sad:
  • tashie1990
    tashie1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    lose 10lbs by christmas :)