5'0 ladies: how many calories do u eat

Options
13»

Replies

• oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'3", but that's easier to use than 5'2 3/4" everywhere. I weigh between 137 and 143. I bounce around that range and it doesn't bother me. I eat anywhere from 1400 to 1700 calories daily. My maintenance is 1630 on here. I can lose at 1400 if I'm up a few and want to drop. I run regularly, do step aerobics and yoga. Not doing much with strength training right now. I don't necessarily eat my exercise calories back daily, but I tend to relax about intake on the weekends and will sometimes eat closer to 2000 calories on Saturday. When I was actively losing, I found that eating probably about 85 to 90% of my calories back from exercise every day helped me to feel better and lose a little more steadily.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" & am eating 1700/day. At 1550 I was losing too quickly (3.5lbs / wk) so I just bumped my intake. I don't go to the gym often but I do have a bust toddler & am a nanny to a 2nd toddler during the week. I am following TDEE-20% so I do not eat back exercise cals. At 1200 my weight loss has always stalled quickly & I was miserable!
  • emmawatts22
    Options
    I'm about the same height, and I have lost almost 18 lbs on a 1,200 and eating some of my exercise calories back. But since I have just recently crossed my halfway mark, I've added 100 calories just coz I thought I will slowly bring myself up to my maintenance calories.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and maintain easily at 2200 calories each day, (netting 1800ish). I recently scaled my calories back to lose the last 5 lbs I was unsure of 2 months ago, and I'm still eating just over 1800 calories each day.

Edited to add: I eat back all of my exercise calories.
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and 139 pounds and I am around 1400-1500, plus I eat my fitness calories... so end up eating 1500 - 1700. I never dip below 1300 in a day (at least not yet). I have been losing 1/2 pound a week.

I can't eat so little as others... I get hungry!

I workout 3-5 days a week with cardio and weights. Plus I am a single Mom of a 4 year-old that keeps me on my toes and active :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Depends if you're maintaining or losing weight. If you're quite short at just 5 foot then in order to lose weight you should probably eat 1200-1300 calories. If your starting weight is quite high you will be able to eat some more calories and still lose weight - perhaps 1400-1500. The lighter you get, the less calories you should eat to keep losing weight as your body won't need as much to function.

This is net, by the way, so eat 200 more per day if you are losing 200 to exercise each day.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm 5ft 1in, weight 188.8lbs and my calorie goal is 1720! I tend to eat over and make it up with exercise calories. My current BMR is 1607 so I make sure my net calories are over this. My goal weight of 115lbs would have my BMR at 1245 and my TDEE at 1767 with lightly active.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'0" about 120 lbs. My goal weight is 105 lbs and my calorie goal is about 1430. That's based on the IIFYM calculator and working out 3 days a week. However, I haven't stuck to anything for longer than a week yet and I just started Strong Curves this week. Looking forward to seeing some real results and actually sticking to it for more than 5 days during the week. Damn Friday nights and football season!
  • Idontwanttobeahamplanet
    Options
    5'0" here. I eat usually 1100 cals a day and walk for 30 mins. Started taking MFP seriously on July. I have lost 15lbs since.
  • alejandrameraz1
    alejandrameraz1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and since I was eating 1200 and only doing cardio. I didnt see any changes for almost a month (not even a pound!)
    so I started reading about fitness and decided to start lifting to complement my cardio, started eating much more protein daily, and set my new goal to 1300 calories per day.
    So far I'm losing about 1/2 a pound weekly, which is perfect for a person with our height, as someone said before, since we have to go slowly in order to protect our metabolism.

GALS! Don't be afraid to lift! I love how my body is starting to get get 'compacted' and with a nice silhouette. :)
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    Options
    I'm right between 5ft. 3 and 5ft. 4, 184.9 pounds. I eat between 1550-2200. So a huge range. It depends how active I am... some of those are eating back exercise calories because I am only pursuing a 1 pound a week loss at the moment.

I started at 258 pounds and use to eat 1550 religiously and lost 2 to 3 pounds a week. I have a feeling if I wanted to pull off a 2 pound loss now at my current weight that I'd have to eat 1200 calories a day and it's not possible for me because I'm battling a serious food addiction.
  • vforvanilla
    vforvanilla Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'1", I'm set at 1200 a day on MFP. I try to stay within that goal on days I'm not active, but I always eat back calories from activity. If I don't I just feel so run down after a few days!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and currently 136 pounds. I eat a baseline of 1350 each day. I eat back my exercise calories, so on those days I am eating 1600-1800. I have lost one pound per week for the last 18 weeks.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    4'11" over here, close enough to 5'...right? ;)

I eat a baseline of 1300-1400 calories a day, and usually eat back my exercise calories (although admittedly other than walking I am not very active). I lose an average of 10 pounds every 3 or so months, it seems.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    5'2". 1400-1600 a day. One day a week I may eat up to 2000.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'2 at 200lbs and eat a 1200 calorie diet,
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    5'0 baby and proud of it :drinker:

supposed to be at 1700 last month or so been averaging at 2300 and holding my weight of 138

I definitely wanna lose more but simply haven't upped my effort in cutting the eating.

currently doing approx 22 hours of massage/week, running 5-10 miles/week, just started back to progressive lifting....love it!

friend me if you'd like :love:

:heart:
    Ang
  • homie_94
    Options
    1240!