October 30 day shred challenge anyone?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of level 3, oh how I miss level 2 :cry: I had to modify almost everything and stay with Anita the whole way, I hope I can do a little better by the end of it :smile:

kaffro - 1 more day, that is just awesome, you did'nt miss any days did you? Well done :drinker:

DreeDub - Great job on the early morning workouts, I just could not do it - I am so not a morning person :yawn:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :happy dance:

I just finished my 30th consecutive day of the shred! Level 3, day 10, DONE! I am so proud of myself.

And, I am really gross and sweaty, so I need to shower and measure and post my results after bit :)

Thanks for the support you guys and keep up the great work!!

Thanks Amandaw72 :drinker:
  • ScarletBegonia
    Options
    5Lbs in 2weeks....yea!!!
    2552506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I just finished my 30th consecutive day of the shred! Level 3, day 10, DONE! I am so proud of myself.

And, I am really gross and sweaty, so I need to shower and measure and post my results after bit :)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you! Can't wait to read about the results :) Proud of you...u're inspiration for me to keep on going :)
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Level 3 Day 3...COMPLETE! Was SUPER unmotivated to workout tonight...but I did anyway!!! and I'm glad I did :)
  • kaffro
    Options

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you! Can't wait to read about the results :) Proud of you...u're inspiration for me to keep on going :)

Thanks! I will have to post results tomorrow...I am exhausted...had a hell of a day. A car hit my house and my neighbors after it apparently went out of control and jumped the curb and sailed through my neighbor's yard, my yard and into mine and my neighbor's houses...grrrrrr. Police, firemen and the gas company were all here making sure our houses didn't blow up since the car took out our gas meters/lines. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. My azalea bush was destroyed, but I didn't like it anyway :laugh:
  • DreeDub
    Options

Thanks! I will have to post results tomorrow...I am exhausted...had a hell of a day. A car hit my house and my neighbors after it apparently went out of control and jumped the curb and sailed through my neighbor's yard, my yard and into mine and my neighbor's houses...grrrrrr. Police, firemen and the gas company were all here making sure our houses didn't blow up since the car took out our gas meters/lines. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. My azalea bush was destroyed, but I didn't like it anyway :laugh:

OMG...sorry to hear about your unbelieveably crazy day! Glad to hear nobody was hurt!

Hope everything turns out ok!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow Kaffro.. so sorry to hear about your bad day!

I'm starting to get lazy and not sticking to the shred! Level 2 is so hard for me!! I know I just need to keep it up and it'll get easier..
  • kaffro
    Options

OMG...sorry to hear about your unbelieveably crazy day! Glad to hear nobody was hurt!

Thank you :) Things can be replaced and fixed. I am just so thankful that my son wasn't home and playing in the yard like he usually is.

Anyway, I took measurements this morning and here are my results:

I weighed myself this morning, this is not my regular weigh in day, but I wanted a "finish" weight. According to my scale, I have lost 7 lbs since I started the shred. I lost 2 inches in my bust, a 1/4 of an inch on each arm, 4 inches on my waist, 3.5 inches on my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh!

I am pretty happy with those results! I think I might continue with the shred, but just do a different level every day.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • DreeDub
    Options

Thank you :) Things can be replaced and fixed. I am just so thankful that my son wasn't home and playing in the yard like he usually is.

I weighed myself this morning, this is not my regular weigh in day, but I wanted a "finish" weight. According to my scale, I have lost 7 lbs since I started the shred. I lost 2 inches in my bust, a 1/4 of an inch on each arm, 4 inches on my waist, 3.5 inches on my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh!

I am pretty happy with those results! I think I might continue with the shred, but just do a different level every day.

YOU ROCK!!!! Love the results...I'm sure you love em too ;)

& lbs would be SO wonderful for me right now but I know that's not realistic right now. I'd also love the inch off the thighs but no matter what i do the inches don't seem to budge on my thighs...never have ;)

After I'm done with the Shred I think I'm going to either alternate levels like do 1 on Monday & Thursday, 2 on Tuesday & Friday, and 3 on Wednesday & Saturday. OR I'm thinking about putting Shred with weights in there too...maybe as an alternate as well! not sure yet.

Let me know what you do...I'm always up for a new challenge...but I still have 5 more days of Shred to go!
  • kaffro
    Options

YOU ROCK!!!! Love the results...I'm sure you love em too ;)

& lbs would be SO wonderful for me right now but I know that's not realistic right now. I'd also love the inch off the thighs but no matter what i do the inches don't seem to budge on my thighs...never have ;)

After I'm done with the Shred I think I'm going to either alternate levels like do 1 on Monday & Thursday, 2 on Tuesday & Friday, and 3 on Wednesday & Saturday. OR I'm thinking about putting Shred with weights in there too...maybe as an alternate as well! not sure yet.

Let me know what you do...I'm always up for a new challenge...but I still have 5 more days of Shred to go!

I am very happy with the results! A loss is a loss and I am proud of myself for doing the 30 days consecutively...even though there were days I wasn't very motivated to do it. I feel the lost inches in my clothing and am excited about that. My thighs are probably never going to be slim and I am ok with that.

I am going to continue my elliptical every day because I really enjoy that. I definitely want to continue strength training for toning and building muscle.
  • amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't posted in a long time. Last time I did I told you guys about my knee hurting me. Well I totally quit excersing using my lower body at all. Next day my ankles and other knee started hurting as well. About a week later my left ankle and right knee started swelling. The swelling didn't get better for several days and it became difficult for me to even walk when I first woke up in the mornings due to my joints being so stiff.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they are pretty sure I have rheumatoid arthritis. I had an episode like this with my knees a couple years ago and I have had some joint stiffness off and on since then as well so they are now thinking that was my first "flare" and this is my second. I had some tests run yesterday and started some arthritis medicine to try to give me some relief from the pain and swelling.

So per my doctors orders, absolutely no high impact exercises...no jumping jacks, jump rope, etc. and pretty much nothing at all with my lower body until this flare subsides. I am extremely down right now, but know that I must find some low impact exercises that I can do at home during naptime...without much equipment...lol. I will do it eventually, I just need some time to digest all of this and then get back on track with a different game plan.

Congratulations to all of you shredding away! You are all such inspirations!

kaffro-I could not wait to get back on and check your results! GREAT JOB!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Well, I haven't posted in a long time. Last time I did I told you guys about my knee hurting me. Well I totally quit excersing using my lower body at all. Next day my ankles and other knee started hurting as well. About a week later my left ankle and right knee started swelling. The swelling didn't get better for several days and it became difficult for me to even walk when I first woke up in the mornings due to my joints being so stiff.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they are pretty sure I have rheumatoid arthritis. I had an episode like this with my knees a couple years ago and I have had some joint stiffness off and on since then as well so they are now thinking that was my first "flare" and this is my second. I had some tests run yesterday and started some arthritis medicine to try to give me some relief from the pain and swelling.

So per my doctors orders, absolutely no high impact exercises...no jumping jacks, jump rope, etc. and pretty much nothing at all with my lower body until this flare subsides. I am extremely down right now, but know that I must find some low impact exercises that I can do at home during naptime...without much equipment...lol. I will do it eventually, I just need some time to digest all of this and then get back on track with a different game plan.

Congratulations to all of you shredding away! You are all such inspirations!

kaffro-I could not wait to get back on and check your results! GREAT JOB!!

Thank you thank you! I am sorry to hear about your RA...take care of yourself! Don't get discouraged, it's manageable! Just keep a positive attitude :)
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Where is everybody?!?!?!?

I've completed Level 3 Day 6. I think I'm starting to come down with something but rather than skipping tonights workout I pushed through and did it :))))