October 30 day shred challenge anyone?

Options

Replies

• RissaE
    RissaE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one to go on a mini hiatus (sp???) I made it to level 2 and did on day of it on Wed. it's now Friday!!! I want to blame it on all kinds of things...but really, I need to just step it up. I will always have chaos in my life and things to do, places to be.... it doesn't mean I can stop shredding and trying to achieve my goals!!!! I'm back on board with more determination... I'm also a getting married this summer and I have to buy a wedding dress soon... I just dread walking into those boutiques and trying on dresses..... Thanks for keeping me accountable everyone!
  • RissaE
    Options
    Well, missed my day 4 yesterday (the kids and I were out running errands ALL day!) so I jumped back in and did my day 4 level 1 just now. The cardio actually seemed a little easier but those side lunges are KILLING me...my arms just won't raise those weights like they should...lol.

Just wondering how everyone logs this work out...I do circuit training for 20 minutes but it only comes up about 190-200 something calories burned...you think that's all I'm burning?

Also...when I get my kids down for their naps I hold my 26 lb 12 month old ds and sit on the side of the bed and bounce the whole bed to "rock" my 30 lb dd to sleep...lol Today I had to bounce for 35 minutes straight!!! My heart rate was up the whole time, my legs were numb and my arms were engaged the whole time holding ds...surely that counts for something!!!! I guess the only way to know if I'm burning any calories is to buy a monitor thingy...what do you call them? I saw one at walmart that was like a watch for $30. Do you think that would be accurate?

Keep up the good work everyone! You all are a great inspiration!!! Thanks!

I'm totally sure that counts for something! I got my HRM at MEC and it's made by timex and has a chest strap and a wrist watch. When I'm super into it, I burn around 340 -240 and I'm 5/4 160 pounds and 30 yrs :-) I've heard that other people only log their "exercise" and that anything else like bed bouncing is just bonus. Another e.g., being sex where I'm sure you're heart rate gets elevated and you're using muscles, burning calories...but I don't bother logging it ;-) It's just hopefully bonus on the scale!
  • RissaE
    Options
    I totally dropped off the map for a few days. Got married Sunday, so you can imagine the time I didn't have and the calories I did....
    We planned it in 4 days ~ which just made it even more crazy, still have company around... BUT

I woke up early this morning, before my husband and everything! Instead of rolling over to wait for the alarm, I got up, got dressed, and did my Shred!~ Ready to get back in the game with full force and succeed.

So, apparently I burn fewer calories this early in the morning, but I plan to do another cardio video before lunch and walk the dog tonight. Full force :happy:

Even though I skipped out on almost a week, I think today will be counted as day 6, cause I still got through everything. I'll still be a little behind schedule, but at least I'm on it right!~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! And a big KUDOS
  • RissaE
    Options
    I totally dropped off the map for a few days. Got married Sunday, so you can imagine the time I didn't have and the calories I did....
    We planned it in 4 days ~ which just made it even more crazy, still have company around... BUT

I woke up early this morning, before my husband and everything! Instead of rolling over to wait for the alarm, I got up, got dressed, and did my Shred!~ Ready to get back in the game with full force and succeed.

So, apparently I burn fewer calories this early in the morning, but I plan to do another cardio video before lunch and walk the dog tonight. Full force :happy:

Even though I skipped out on almost a week, I think today will be counted as day 6, cause I still got through everything. I'll still be a little behind schedule, but at least I'm on it right!~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! And a big KUDOS to you for planning a wedding in 4 days :-) I can't imagine!!!!
  • amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, I just ate my weight in cholcolate cheerios...ugh...there goes all the calories I burned today and much much more... :explode: :sad:
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Day 15 – Level 2 Day 5: Alright, I am not a complete slacker, though I did miss days 12 and 13. I did the shred yesterday and today and am back on track. My body kind of took over and demanded some rest, I think; but now we’re back and hitting it hard. Those plank moves are still crazy. It takes a lot of upper body strength which I am building, but still not quite to where I can get through without some rest. Still, it’s good to see all those who are still going on the half way mark. Let’s keep this ball rolling!!!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did the last day of level 1 yesterday and was very excited to begin level 2 today. Wow, by the last ab exercises - I was doing the planks and the sweat was dripping onto the floor :laugh: . I really enjoyed it though, was beginner all the way through :tongue: and a couple of times I did say "you gotta be kidding me, I can't do that", but I was amazed to find I could actually do it (well at least the modified versions :wink: ).

Great to hear about those who are showing results in their measurements, well done!! I think I will wait until the end of the 30 days to measure. I sure hope all this hard work shows at the end. This has been my worst week weight loss wise even though I have been really good with my diet and exercised more than EVER in my life, I think it is my body becoming accustomed to the new diet and exercise :grumble: oh well hopefully next week will be better :smile:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 8, done! I can't believe I only have 2 days left on level two...woah. I can't wait to see what level 3 has in store. I turned the audio off today on the DVD, it was just the music playing. And I was able to see myself in my mirror while I was doing some of the strength moves. I felt a little vain looking at myself but I really got excited to see my muscles working :laugh: I can't wait til the end to take my measurements. I am definitely noticing it in my clothes!

Keep up the great work everyone! And, don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or two, it's all good. :)
  • amkingrn
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of level 1! I can tell my endurance has increased a lot! I actually kicked my butt today doing butt kicks! I have found with the cardio it is easier for me to follow Natalie and do the bigger movements for some reason. It seems like the smaller movements hurt my legs more. Just wish I could get a proper push up in and do all the side lunges with anterior raises...the lunges I can do but I have to skip a couple of raises. Will I ever be able to do a push up right???

I know I will improve more in the last 5 days on level 1, but I am a little worried about level 2...I'm sure I will be ready for it when its time.
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    Level 2, day 8, done! I can't believe I only have 2 days left on level two...woah. I can't wait to see what level 3 has in store. I turned the audio off today on the DVD, it was just the music playing. And I was able to see myself in my mirror while I was doing some of the strength moves. I felt a little vain looking at myself but I really got excited to see my muscles working :laugh: I can't wait til the end to take my measurements. I am definitely noticing it in my clothes!

Keep up the great work everyone! And, don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or two, it's all good. :)

i was just doing this the other day, checking out my booty. i think because im making good decisions, im not hating on my body anymore. i was thinking to myself, so THATS what my husband is talking about, it IS cute! haha,
  • amandac72
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 done! My 13yo daughter did it with me today. She has no balance and it was hilarious watching her try to do the movements. She did'nt even use any weights and had to keep stopping :laugh:
    I definately feel this level in my arms, ouch (but its a good ouch :wink: )

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    All caught up on level 2 day 17 and day 7 on level 2 well on the way can't wait!!! Have a great Sunday everyone!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of level 1! I can tell my endurance has increased a lot! I actually kicked my butt today doing butt kicks! I have found with the cardio it is easier for me to follow Natalie and do the bigger movements for some reason. It seems like the smaller movements hurt my legs more. Just wish I could get a proper push up in and do all the side lunges with anterior raises...the lunges I can do but I have to skip a couple of raises. Will I ever be able to do a push up right???

I know I will improve more in the last 5 days on level 1, but I am a little worried about level 2...I'm sure I will be ready for it when its time.

Those anterior raises were tough for me too! Hang in there!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Level 2, day 9 done! I can't believe tomorrow is my last day of level 2 already! Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • amkingrn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 done!!! Wooohooo!!! I did every bit of it without stopping once...I actually did all the anterior raises!! My push up was almost proper technique, but still on my knees of course! I am so proud...woot, woot!! Just to think before I started I was so not in the mood to do it but when i got started I felt wonderful that I didn't skip a day!

kaffro-Thanks for the encouagement! I did it today!!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 done!!! Wooohooo!!! I did every bit of it without stopping once...I actually did all the anterior raises!! My push up was almost proper technique, but still on my knees of course! I am so proud...woot, woot!! Just to think before I started I was so not in the mood to do it but when i got started I felt wonderful that I didn't skip a day!

kaffro-Thanks for the encouagement! I did it today!!!

YW! WTG! You should be proud of yourself! I know that feeling of not being in the mood and feeling so good after you did it for not skipping it cause you didn't want too! Keep up the great work! :)
  • amandac72
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3 done. 13 days, wow I can't believe I am nearly half way through and still going strong :happy: .
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty rough weekend...and even missed my first workout :( So now I've done 12 days of 30 day shred...day 13 today and because I missed yesterday's workout (b/c of a hangover) I'll be going to my friends Boot Camp after work today for 45 minutes! Double workout for me!

I'll weigh in tomorrow night!!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Today is my last day of level 2! WHOO HOO! I can't wait to see what level 3 has in store for me.

I can most definitely tell a difference in my clothing. I am not going to measure until I am finished and then I will post my results.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • amkingrn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 complete!!! Yay! I felt so good afterwards that I also did 25 minutes of yoga/pilates.

Now I'm starving! What do you guys eat after you workout? Something high in protein, I assume...I just can't seem to find something high in protein but low in calories. Any suggestions?