Someone bring back these NOMS!

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    lcc.jpg

It's the lemon cream girl scout cookies. I miss those, although I still stuff my face with tagalongs and thin mints.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Remember Bit-O-Honey? Came folded up in wax paper? Hadn't even thought about it for years and years, then had a Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest bar a while back and Bit-O-Honey immediately came to mind!

They still sell it, but it's hard to find. It usually becomes prevalent around Halloween.

I'll have to look for it in the fall:smile:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said Magic Middles....as a kid, there was NOTHING BETTER.

middles_zpsab919987.jpg

They were awesome
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.

Which Chi Chis (assuming in KC)? I grew up in Gladstone. Used to go to Chi Chi's on Barry Road.

Yep. I used to go to Chi Chis on Barry Road by the Metro North Mall, right?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.

Which Chi Chis (assuming in KC)? I grew up in Gladstone. Used to go to Chi Chi's on Barry Road.

Yep. I used to go to Chi Chis on Barry Road by the Metro North Mall, right?

That's the one! It was by Children's Palace (when I was a kid) which became Big Bob's Used Carpet. That was a sad transition...
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    rax-01.jpg

The Rax around here became Arby's, then disappeared in the 90s, then resurfaced about 10 years ago. I had forgotten about Rax!

You are killing me with all the KC spots that I remember...

Rax in North Kansas City - best chocolate chip shakes EVER....

Mine was on Noland Rd, but yeah. Loved their shakes!

Or the original Gates Barbecue on Emanuel Cleaver Blvd.
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    PBfBk9M.jpg

XsskC8u.jpg

and the mother of all oh HELL no they didn't discontinue these:

1lEqEZl.jpg
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said Magic Middles....as a kid, there was NOTHING BETTER.

middles_zpsab919987.jpg

They were awesome

Oh wow. I remember those too
  • Grumpellina
    Options
    count_chocula_650x300_a01_1.jpg
  • msravelli
    Options
    I haven't had these since they were discontinued when I was like, eight or something, but I honestly still dream about them ;^;

Sodalicious_zpsf7cb8799.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    these
    Oreoos.jpg

Oh my goodness!! I ate this EVERY day of my pregnancy 16 years ago. I'm not sure when they stopped making them but my 15 year old misses them too!

You can actually get them in South Korea! You can order off Amazon :wink:

Also, who was missing Choco Tacos? There were 50 in the "ice cream" case at my local party store yesterday. Choco-tacos have been back for a short while!

Yeah, I saw them at Walmart last night when I was hunting for gelato. (for the 30 day ice cream/gelato cleanse)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    rax-01.jpg

The Rax around here became Arby's, then disappeared in the 90s, then resurfaced about 10 years ago. I had forgotten about Rax!

Yep. I haven't been there for a while. Since they opened the one on 40 hwy in Independence, it seems that's the only one we've gone to. Also I work downtown, and occasionally co-workers will throw down to go in on some Gates at the Brooklyn location. I haven't been to the one on Cleaver blvd in years.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

They bring these back every Halloween.

Anyone watch the TV show "The Goldbergs?"

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs

The older son on that was eating Boo Berry cereal every time the dad went to find him. :laugh:
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    rax-01.jpg

Yep. I haven't been there for a while. Since they opened the one on 40 hwy in Independence, it seems that's the only one we've gone to. Also I work downtown, and occasionally co-workers will throw down to go in on some Gates at the Brooklyn location. I haven't been to the one on Cleaver blvd in years.

There's a Gates BBQ in Vegas (about 1 1/2 hours from me) near Nellis AFB but it's not the same. It has too much of the feel of a fast food restaurant and the sauce seems . . . I dunno, "canned" somehow. The sides weren't right, either.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    chichirest.jpg
  • greenbubblegum
    greenbubblegum Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Zima.... My long lost friend.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I would hid this in my room as a kid after mom made it.....she always wondered where it would all go!
    I LOVED it!!

apple%20kool-aid.jpg
  • Grumpellina
    Options

The older son on that was eating Boo Berry cereal every time the dad went to find him. :laugh:
    Yes, but I can't just go to the store and grab myself a box when the cravings set in for those delicious cereals.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    rax-01.jpg

There's a Gates BBQ in Vegas (about 1 1/2 hours from me) near Nellis AFB but it's not the same. It has too much of the feel of a fast food restaurant and the sauce seems . . . I dunno, "canned" somehow. The sides weren't right, either.

That must have sucked to get all excited then let down like that. I wonder if they freeze it and ship it on a truck or something? It's kinda weird.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Yes, but I can't just go to the store and grab myself a box when the cravings set in for those delicious cereals.

True. Last Halloween I was tempted to buy several boxes and freeze them. Maybe it's time for a Facebook page? :laugh: