Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options
Hello everyone,

This is a group geared towards those of a petite stature. We have found that us shorties have some special issues when it comes to loosing weight, finding clothes and in some cases using exercise equipment. So if your 5'3" and under (or close to that) please join us as we work together to be fit and have fun.

Jeannie

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm around 4' 11"
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'm around 4' 11"

ilovecreg - Welcome! I'm 5'2". Are you new to MFP or just new to the forums? This is a great site with a lot of great people.

JAM(Jeannie)
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks Jam!

:flowerforyou: Welcome to the group Ilovecreg! The ladies on this thread are so supportive and have helped me out a lot! I'm sure you'll love it here! BTW, I'm 4'11 too :wink:

Im doin ok, must admit I havent logged ALL of my food this week. But I have logged most of it, which is a step towards getting back in the habit. Ready to get these pounds off!! Have a good weekend everyone!! {And I will try to behave this weekend and not pig out!!!}
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: we are out of town and I'm not logging food and exercise but I'm making good choices and trying to walk as much as a person can at an event that is all based on sitting and listening and sitting and discussing.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    fun sized I love it.. Im 5"2 and shrinking.:laugh and I am finally getting fit kicking my self in the rear to exercise 5 or 6 days a week and learning to enjoy it...:
  • jam0525
    Options
    fun sized I love it.. Im 5"2 and shrinking.:laugh and I am finally getting fit kicking my self in the rear to exercise 5 or 6 days a week and learning to enjoy it...:

Welcome PamalaDawn! What a beautiful picture. I know what you mean about shrinking. I try to exercise 5-6 days a week do. I do strength with and without weights 3-4 times a week and 30 minutes of cardio ever day I can.

I had a favorable bounce this morning on the scale: 143 down from 144.6. I am not going to change my ticker until I see the number on a second weigh in.

Off to another busy Saturday of kid's soccer games and running errands.

Happy Saturday everyone,

Jeannie
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Good job Jam! :drinker:
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options

Welcome PamalaDawn! What a beautiful picture. I know what you mean about shrinking. I try to exercise 5-6 days a week do. I do strength with and without weights 3-4 times a week and 30 minutes of cardio ever day I can.

I had a favorable bounce this morning on the scale: 143 down from 144.6. I am not going to change my ticker until I see the number on a second weigh in.

Happy Saturday everyone,

Jeannie
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    Thanks that is my grandson with me, taken a couple years ago before I gained the extra 40 lbs that I am now strugling to get off.. I do mostly cardio but I really need to start implamenting weight training....

Happy Saturday everyone,

Jeannie
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I'm ready to start working out again tomorrow morning! :happy: There's only 1 way to get back into the habit & that's to JUST DO IT!!! So thats what i'm gonna do. It is feeling nice and cool outside, so that will help too. It seems like I just lost all motivation to work out after it started getting really hot outside. Cheers to a productive week everyone! :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: Welcome to the group Pamela!
  • knation07
    Options
    Im 5ft exactly. Nice to know Im not alone! Even 5-10lbs looks like a lot on us!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Knation, Welcome to the group! Nope, your not alone LoL...and yes, that is defaintly a huge perk of being a shortie!!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 166 lbs and want to run someday, so Im starting my walk/jog routine today. Ive never been a runner and have always wished I could but only recently have I realized that I was the only thing stopping me :)
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    im kind of new to the site, but i'm really new to forums
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join i'm 4'8" and 30 years old this month i'm doing the jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome all the new comers!

I've been bouncing with a weight of 143 to 143.4 the last few days and decided it was OK to update my ticker. It is scary to think that another 3 pounds and I will finally be in the 130's again. My poor DH is getting tired of me telling her that I haven't weighed this little since before she was born. lol But, it is true.

Have a great Monday and let's get October off to a good start!

Jeannie

JZ - This is the month for us. I just know it.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back......WooHoo! Good morning and happy Monday! Today is the first week of working from home and since I don't know how long this will last I decided to make it the day that I get myself back on track. I've updated my profile and changed my ticker to reflect what the scale stated this morning. While I don't think the weight is accurate because I ate late last night and weighed early this morning I decided I was going to record it regardless.

While I've been working out consistently these past two months I can't lie my eating habits have gotten really bad and I need to get back on track especially since the holidays are rapidly approaching.

I'm unsure what my workout routine will be. At this point i'm fluctuating between beginning round 2 of P90X or re-joining boot camp. I have to check out the boot camp website to see if there are any specials b/c money may be the deciding factor. If I decide to re-do P90X I'm sure I'll mix up my cardio days with P90X, Insanity and Chalean Extreme videos as well as the treadmill and elliptical from the local gym. I'll keep you posted.

Today I decided to throw in the Chest and Back dvd from the P90X series. Boy oh boy, who ever stated "if you don't use it, you lose it" sure wasn't lying. My ability to really rock out the push ups sucked and I found myself going to my knees often. Nonetheless, the workout is complete and I feel good.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    :happy: Jam & Choco- LETS DO THIS!!! Your right Jam, this will be our month!! Weigh-in for me is tomorrow...hoping to see a lower # than last week. My eating hasnt been perfect, but its been much better than it was. So we will see what the scale has to say about it. Kinda nervous!:ohwell:

:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the new members, hope you all stick around & keep posting with us!!!
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!! A group for short people! I'm 5'2"!
    I've been on My Fitness Pal for a little while now but never really started tracking until about 6 weeks ago and really holding myself accountable this time. I even have a notebook that i carry with me 24/7 to track every little thing I eat. If I know the calories I write it down, if not I look it up on here later. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hi There My name is Jena(pronounced gina) I am 4'10 1/2 with a total of 73lbs to lose really about 100 if we are going by the "what you should weigh" amount but I think 125-130 will be good we'll see.
    I live in So. Cal. Married mother of 3 daughters.
    I :heart: MFP and will definately be around for a while! :happy:
    Soooooo question for all of you I HATE buying shoes I am sure you know why! Thay never fit right I wear a 5 in womans 3 in kids what Brand of tennis shoes have you all found that fit our little feet??