Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Another quick post b/c I have to shower and head out the door. I am meeting some college roommates for lunch at Pappadeux Seafood restaurant today. It's such a shame that we reside in the same state/city but only manage to see one another about once a year. Everyone has such a busy lifestyle that making time to meet up always takes a back seet. Nonetheless I'm happy to spend a few hours with them today.

Today I completed the Kenpo X dvd from the P90X series. It looks like boot camp will have to weight b/c another issue arose that takes priority and as a result the money has to be designated there. No complaints because at least I have the money to take care of the issue and I have a multitude of dvds and a gym membership. I should be able to find a way to at least maintain my weight even if I can't take off the few pounds I may have regained. I'm hoping to take a boot camp session before the end of the year but we'll see.

Jam: I hope your son is feeling better.
  • melani75
    melani75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'3 so I guess I just make the cut? ;) I would love to join the group if there's still room. I've been tracking for 6 weeks and have lost 12 lbs so far but have 50+ lbs to go. We're going on a Disney Cruise in March 2011 so that's my motivation keeping me going.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I spent a lot of time today washing floors, vacuuming, working in the yard along with finding the opportunity in between rain showers to go to the dog park and work in the yard. tomorrow is DH's birthday and we're going out for Thai food so all of today's exercise will help with the extra calories.

:flowerforyou: jeannie, when I was losing weight, I often had times when the weight came off when I least expected it and stayed on when I had been eating perfectly and exercising a lot......that's where I learned that the best thing to do was to keep on doing the right thing no matter what.......and not to be discouraged by the slow times or overly elated by the losses.

:flowerforyou: Melani, welcome to the group.......your cruise sounds great.....take it one day at a time and you'll find the success you're looking for. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: choco, I know you won't let anything stand in the way of you having great workouts even if they aren't the ones you hoped for.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cksongbird
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My brain is not working very well. I forgot to check in to find out what everyone was saying. Anyway, what is the 30 day shred and the trouble areas thing?

Today is going to be a busy day. I teach two classes and attend a baby shower and then I'm going out tonight with a group.:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Choco – I am positive those pounds will come back off with your dedication to exercise.

Melani – Welcome! 12 pounds is a great start. Just keep accurately logging what you eat and be mindful of what you are eating and you will continue to loose. I would love to go on a Disney Cruise someday. What a wonderful reward to look forward to.

Barbie – Thanks for the encouragement. The scale was still down to 141.2 this morning, so I moved my ticker. It just seemed so strange. I did start working with weights and a lady at work told me the same thing happened to her.

Cathy, The 30 day shred is a workout video that is really popular and has a good success rate. I think it is Julian Michaels from the Biggest Loser’s, but don’t quote me on that. I do know that almost everyone who does it and sticks with it is successful.

My son is doing better, but he is playing this for all he can get out of it. He does that a lot when he is hurt. It’s all I can do to keep from laughing sometimes. Thanks for the concern.

Today I am working on getting the house cleaner and getting errands done.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • mrsmcw
    mrsmcw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I weighed in today and lost a pound...actually 1.2pounds. I'm grateful for any lbs lost, but I think the last time I weighed myself was 3 weeks ago, so not too great. I'm trying REALLY hard not to get discouraged, but it's hard. I'm at 134 and that's about as low as I can seem to get lately and then I gain it back. Right now, my motivation is that it's finally starting to feel like Fall. Jeans and cute boots season! Unfortunately, my jeans are juuuust fitting. The slightest gain and they're not going to fit. :frown: So, I'm staying positive and focused!! I have to!!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I weighed in today and lost a pound...actually 1.2pounds. I'm grateful for any lbs lost, but I think the last time I weighed myself was 3 weeks ago, so not too great. I'm trying REALLY hard not to get discouraged, but it's hard. I'm at 134 and that's about as low as I can seem to get lately and then I gain it back. Right now, my motivation is that it's finally starting to feel like Fall. Jeans and cute boots season! Unfortunately, my jeans are juuuust fitting. The slightest gain and they're not going to fit. :frown: So, I'm staying positive and focused!! I have to!!!!

Congratulations! A pound loss is a pound loss even if it took longer than expecter.

JAM
  • mrsmcw
    Options

Congratulations! A pound loss is a pound loss even if it took longer than expecter.

JAM

Thanks!
  • mrsmcw
    Options
    Hey...there ya go...I just accidentally hit the button at the bottom of the food diary page where it says "If every day was like this you'd weigh...". Well, I hadn't entered any food yet and it told me that I'd weigh 118 pounds in 5 weeks. That's it...I'll just not eat for 5 weeks and get to my goal. LOL..I am kidding!!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today is the day when i start my c25k i can't wait til i start it today and find out how many calories burned :-) i'm also doing jillian michaels 30 day shred level 2
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Monday all! Since my company celebrates Columbus day today is a holiday which means NO WORK and I took full advantage of it. I slept in and didn't complete my workout until this afternoon. It really felt good doing absolutely NOTHING this morning. Now that my workout is complete and my day has begun I'm going to head out for a pedicure and to grab some lunch.

I'm really struggling with coming up with a workout routine/plan I can consistently follow so I'm doing a hodgepodge of workouts. Today I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. This workout focused on legs, chest and back and I can still feel it.
  • cksongbird
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss Mrsmcw. Regardless of the number weight loss is weight loss. You can do this and you will. I don't about anyone else, but that's why I looked at this site in the first place.
  • mrsmcw
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss Mrsmcw. Regardless of the number weight loss is weight loss. You can do this and you will. I don't about anyone else, but that's why I looked at this site in the first place.

Thank you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am still fighting the pounds that showed up after all my trips out of town....I think I am winning :bigsmile:

As always, the watchword is never, never, never give up......someone who was eating a cupcake that I'd refused, asked me if I could never have a treat again and all I could think was that fitting into size 4 or 6 jeans was the biggest treat that I could imagine and if I'm going to "treat" myself with food, it will be something with a lot more nutrition than a cupcake.......yesterday was DH's birthday and I took him out for Thai chicken curry and brown jasmine rice.....that was my food treat.....I even had a spring roll :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Kizzy - How did the C25K go? I've always wanted to do that program but just never seem to find the time.

Barbie - As always you have such good advice. Although, I would have probably eaten the cupcake and just hit the bike longer. lol

Cathy, this is a great site. I don't think I could have done it without all the support and good suggestions I've gotten here over the past 2 years. Support is a great part of any life change and here we are all working for the same change.

I'm still on wimpy 1 pound weights for my arm exercises, but I sure to feel it. I upped the repetitions from 10-15 this week except for the one I have to 45 reps of. On November 1rst I'm going up to 2 pound weights with a goal of being at 5 pound weights in December. Part of the slow pace is that I will have to buy 5 pound weights. While not expensive you at least have to have the extra money to buy them. So they are on the list of future purchases.

Have a great Tuesday all,

Jeannie
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Weigh the exact same as last week. I did pretty good on mon, tu,wed, thur & bad fri, sat sun ughh so annoying.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Tuesday! Today I completed the Cardio Max dvd from the Biggest Loser series. I'm find that I'm struggling daily to get my workout in. The desire to workout is waning fast and I believe it's b/c I've yet to find a new workout routine that will work w/my budget, keep it fresh and new and give my body the workout I need.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Up a couple pounds. Probably due to my Saturday nite drinks and then yesterday met up with a friend i haven't seen in close to a year. We went to dinner. I looked up the entree i had on their site, today, only to find out it was a whopping 2300 cals!!! Ay ay ay!!! So have to buckle down again. That should be it for a little while though. No other outings planned at the moment. I need to get into the 140s!!!! I've been stuck in the 150s for a lil while now.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Weigh the exact same as last week. I did pretty good on mon, tu,wed, thur & bad fri, sat sun ughh so annoying.
    hmmm what about measurments I have not seen the scale move in weeks either but I lost lots of inches!! :happy:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hey...there ya go...I just accidentally hit the button at the bottom of the food diary page where it says "If every day was like this you'd weigh...". Well, I hadn't entered any food yet and it told me that I'd weigh 118 pounds in 5 weeks. That's it...I'll just not eat for 5 weeks and get to my goal. LOL..I am kidding!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: