Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options

Gets a bit annoying when people say you dont need to lose any more weight, but when you are small, every lbs count.

One of the things I've learned from my friends on MFP is how to graciously respond to people who say I don't need to lost any more weight......after being so heavy for so long, people were used to what I looked like and being thinner was shocking.....also the friends who needed to lose 10-20 pounds themselves didn't want to see me any thinner.....so I learned how to smile a lot and thank them for their concern and tell them how healthy I was eating.....it's very interesting that when I weighed 180+ no one commented about my weight and my health but starting at 130 they started to worry that I might be getting too thin.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Choco – Welcome back. I hope work settles down for you.

Kristy – This is a great site. Tracking what you eat is the key.

Jena – Welcome! I broke down and bought a pair of New Balance on sale. I just go to a sports chain like Big 5 or Sports Authority and look for stuff on sale.

Mymelody – Welcome! Setting mini goals is a good way to go. One step at a time and you can do it.

STJ75, ltlmermaid, karincakes, Kristy, odditblue, Kizzy,Glypta, mrsmcw and estelle7- Glad you joined us. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Dawn – Isn’t the stuff in the closet great now that it fits again.

Barbie, Welcome back from yet another one of your trips.

Shorthand – Gratz on getting your 5K times down. I admire you for running.

I weighed in at 143 pounds twice this week, so I moved my ticker!

Time to go and be a mom. They always seem to know when I’m busy.

JAM
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi! Happened to find this thread...how cool! Finally...something for us shorties. Yes, even 5 lbs extra on us make us look bigger...unfortunately. I'm 5'2 1/2" I've already lost 47 lbs since last november but still have about 25 more to go to reach my GW. Everyone seems very supportive. I'd love to be part of the group. :smile:
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    New to MFP. I am 5'2 cw178- lost 40 lbs since Jan. have 40-50 to go.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hi ,
    New to MFP. I am 5'2 cw178- lost 40 lbs since Jan. have 40-50 to go.
    That's great!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    HI everybody!!
    I took some measurements today and inthe past 37 days I have lost a total of 17.5 inches!! I am having problems getting the scale to move, these past 2 weeks though. I am targeting my sodium intake to see if that's why. Having 5.5 in off my stomach feels awesome!! I work out everyday doing something but I actually took today off which feels soooo strange. I am seeing if maybe my body just needed a rest day.....we'll see how that works.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    ~Mrsjbarnes- Wow that is impressive!!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!! I wouldnt even worry about the scale not moving with all those inches coming off!! LoL. It may have to do with you gaining more muscle..maybe? You deserve to take a day off, your body needs to rest some days :happy:

~Mhebert- Welcome to the group. Congrats on the 40 lbs. lost since Jan.!!!!

~Sas- 47 lbs. is great!!! Keep up the great work and hope you stick with us!

~Choco- Glad you will be able to start posting more :happy: Water Water Water LoL...I have been drinking about 4 cups a day this week. I know thats nowhere near enough, but thats from drinking like 1 to none before that. So I am trying to increase it day by day.

~Today I didnt work out :frown: I did want to, but i am unbelievably sore!! It hurts so bad to walk. And sitting and standing are sooo painful!! Not trying to be a wuss lol, but i really dont think i would have been able to complete an effective work out feeling like this. I miss when i worked out all the time & would only get slightly sore once and a while. I cant wait to get back to that. Cause this is the worst!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I went on my regular Wednesday walk with my friend yesterday. she recently moved about two hours away but she drives over here every week so we can walk and talk........after losing about 50 pounds she's put about 20 of them back on as a result of a new relationship (the reason she moved) that included too much recreational eating and fast food because of being rushed with all the chaos of moving. She just got back on WW and is eager to increase her exercise so she wanted to walk farther than we usually walk. She's a fast walker and I have to hustle to keep up with her. Yesterday by the last two miles she was slowing down and I had to slow my pace to match hers.......i guess I'm in better shape than I realized.

:flowerforyou: Jena, use scale and measuring together as measures of your success......the scale can be a big liar:laugh: just keep doing all the right stuff and keep reassessing your eating and exercising looking for ways to improve them and never, never, never give up no matter what that nasty scale tells you :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, most experts tell you to take a rest day so you're right on track.......my dogs won't let me take a day off because they always need to be walked and exercised

:flowerforyou: sas, congrats on the weight you've already lost........this is a great thread for support, motivation, inspiration, and friendship.....keep on posting

:flowerforyou: JAM, glad your ticker is moving in the right direction :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: The extra five pounds are falling off but I'm going to change my ticker tomorrow if the pounds aren't all gone......I may not have gained five pounds over the weekend but I may have to concede that my eating was too far out of control and I've got to get back to basics again.
    :heart: :heart:
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today since it's my day off from work i'm going to catch up on exercising...let's just say i'm going to try to make this a last chance workout day even though my weigh ins are normally on tuesdays the day of the biggest loser show...however i'm not going to do all my exercises all in one setting..that would be crazy!!!! lol....i'm going to take breaks here and there...lol....like after one exercise vid...take a break....
  • cksongbird
    Options
    Hi. I hope I'm short enough. I'm five two and a quarter, but I always tell people five three. I think that makes me feel taller.:smile:

I'm 57, married, have 4 kids, 5 grandkids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and sometimes work to much. I would love to be able to talk to someone almost everyday
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    about an hour ago i finished the quick no more trouble zones...here in a few mins i will be doing it again since i missed a day of it so far...and i'll be up to date on the quick no more trouble zones...
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    im now up to date on the quick trouble zones of jillian michaels this month now all i have to work on is the 30 day shred level 1 today and i'll be up to date for this month
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:

So woke up today feeling very yucky! My throat felt like it was on fire and my nose was stuffed up. Didn't do my workout nor did i track cals. Took cold meds to try to nip this in the bud. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow so i can get back on track. I really don't like missing my workouts.

Hope everyone else had a better day.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi. I hope I'm short enough. I'm five two and a quarter, but I always tell people five three. I think that makes me feel taller.:smile:

I'm 57, married, have 4 kids, 5 grandkids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and sometimes work to much. I would love to be able to talk to someone almost everyday

:flowerforyou: Hi Cathy,
    Welcome to a great group......one of the great things about MFP and being part of an active thread is that there is someone to "talk to" all the time.......this is the place to get encouragement and support and if you have a problem, we might have helpful suggestions.......and if you just want to "vent" we'll listen.

:flowerforyou: Kizzy, what a great exercise day you've had.....keep it up and you'll be feeling better and reaching your goal

:flowerforyou: in a minute we're going to watch something on TV and I'm going to ride the exercise bike :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Just a quick post to say hello to all the new comers since the last time I posted. Welcome!

I had a very, very bad day. I worked a registration desk at a conference for several hours this morning and was a captive audience for what they had for lunch. It was fantastic. I did not over eat, but it was about a 1K calorie lunch. It felt strange as I don't eat like that any more and I skipped about half of what they had in the buffet.

Tomorrow is the last day of the conference. I don't mind doing it, but I am always glad when they are over.

Jeannie
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :sad:

OCTOBER 2: SATURDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1:sad:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :sad:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1:drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM:drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES:drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF (MAYBE ACCORDING TO THE 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CALENDAR...BUT I DIDN'T DO THE FIRST 3 DAYS SO I'M CATCHING UP ON THAT)

SO BELOW IS WHAT I DID TODAY SO FAR:
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

AND SINCE TOMORROW WHICH IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010, IS THE 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 I'LL JUST DO THAT TWICE AND I'LL BE CAUGHT UP FOR THE MONTH....IT'S AN HOUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT HERE IN CALIFORNIA I WANT TO REST...LOL
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OK so i just signed up to start a couch to 5 k challenge that's starting on october 11 on MFP....i've never done anything like this before so along with my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program i'll be doing this too

i was wondering how in the world i was going to do this after i signed up for it...was i needing to look at my cell phone the whole time i was doing this or what??? my cell phone has a stopwatch mode anyways so i looked on the internet for like a couch to 5k music thing...and sure enough i found it :-) below is the link to it

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

after ur walking interval is up it makes like a chime sound...and very NOTICEABLE....and it does the same thing as when ur jogging interval is up...it does play music so its not like there's someone saying for u to start walking or jogging every so seconds....like i said that's what the chime sound does
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY

OCTOBER 2 - SATURDAY

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM :drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF

OCTOBER 8 -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

i'm now up to date on my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program

even though i have all 3 dvds to the program i use the ON DEMAND section on cable....they have all 3....at least level 1 of the 30 day shred...not sure of level 2...i dont want to think that far ahead...lol...instead of having to pop in dvds everytime i just turn on the tv and go to ON DEMAND and go to jillian michaels...i have not been using the weights for the simple fact i dont have the weights yet...not for another 2 weeks when i get paid again..i just got paid yesterday but i have bills to pay...lol...but here in a day or two im getting 2 - 20 oz water bottles and use those as hand weights
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I finally had to acknowledge that the scale wasn't going down anymore this week so I updated my ticker with the extra pounds......hoping that it would go down after all my time out of town and odd eating began to feel more like lying that just hoping so I changed my weight and will see what the next week brings..:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:flowerforyou: line dance, exercise bike, "gut 'n' butt", and yoga so far today........I will not give up :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Kizzy - Good luck with your exercise goals. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

Barbie - I am sure this is a temporary set back.

My weigh ins bounced 141.4 and 141.0 this week, but I don't believe it is true with the way I've been eating the last few days at the conference. I will wait and see what next week brings. I can't believe I would have lost 2 pounds while eating potato salad with lunch and blueberry muffins in the morning.

My son got hurt playing soccer Thursday, so I ended up bringing him to the conference with me. He worked the registration desk and helped artists with disabilities pack up their displays and get to their vans. The conference is going to give him a letter for community service. I brought him to the doctor's in the afternoon after registration closed down. He has back spasms.

Happy Saturday all,

Jeannie