What was the first thing you changed?

Options
mellyboobear
mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
Mine was excercising... I needed to do this immediately... I used to be so lazy!
What about you?:)

Replies

• thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    Me it was lowering my love/hate relationship with bread ... :D
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking 4 XLG coffees with 4 cream and 2 sugar every day ;) I think they worked out to very close to 2000 calories extra every single day.. Making many little easy changes was good for losing at least 60 lbs - BEFORE I added any additional exercise. Go for the low hanging fruit first!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I cut WAY back on the sugary drinks. I used to drink, iced tea, juice and pop all the time, now it's a treat.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey with the sodas.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Tracked my food intake and stayed within my budget.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Bought a food scale and started weighing out my food portions.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I cut out the fast food. I was spending 200-300 per month on fast food alone.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Replacing my morning Starbucks with water. Losing weight AND saving money, lol.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ate all my usual foods, but less.
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Started lifting hard to fix weak asthmatic lungs. Turned out as best thing i ever did.
  • Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Starting to log my food, made me much more accountable for my choices. One McDonald's combo equaled my entire daily calorie limit.
  • catawbalovely
    catawbalovely Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. Not drinking alcohol 2. getting in an hour of exercise at least 5-6 days a week 3. Substituting healthier options for things like French fries. 4. Taking it easy on pork products (realizing that bacon doesn't have to be put on everything I eat.) 5. Portion control
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually LOGGING everything I ate everyday. It was an eye opener to see just how many calories are in fast food.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Actually weighing and measuring.

Serving sizes (based on the info on the container) still surprise me, and not in a good way, sometimes. 28g isn't a whole lot of anything crunchy and salty. :)
  • cherekac
    cherekac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting drinking more water. Watching my calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine was excercising... I needed to do this immediately... I used to be so lazy!
    What about you?:)

The same. Eating the calories for an active person while being a sedentary person = weight gain = time to get off my bum and become active again.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Starting actually tracking my food intake to find that there were starving children in the world because of the quantities I was eating!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    The first thing I changed was my eating habits. Started tracking and slowly implement healthier options, after about 3 months of that I started to exercise.

You can not out exercise a bad diet.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    stopped eatingh a cheese steak sandwich & fries 5 days a week while working at a cheese steak shop
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Started logging and tracking my calories, committed to walking at least 20 minutes in a day and cut out the two pints of squash (non-alcoholic cordial) a day.

Tracking my macros and upping exercise came later.