Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What was the first thing you changed?

Replies

• dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    My pants - when I saw how much fat and calories I was eating on Atkins.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Soda intake, portion size, and cutting out my random Hershey Kiss here and Thin Mint there and so on. Makes a huge difference.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    I changed My thoughts about food and losing weight. I came to the realization that going on a "diet" was not going to work for me, and what I really needed to change was my way of using food (solution to boredom and loneliness) and make more lifestyle changes that I could maintain indefinitely. I signed up for a 5K run as a motivator to exercise, and set small targets for myself for weight. The biggest thing for me is I do not punish myself with guilt for enjoying food that is considered "bad" for me, I appreciate it, recognize it as a "treat" and move forward. Another thing that helps is asking myself before indulging in a treat "Is this worth gaining weight for?" It is amazing the difference how much more satisfying things are when I answer "yes" and more importantly, it is amazing the number of things that I put down after answering "no"
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Stopped eating premade frozen and microwavable foods. I started making my own nutritious meals and it honestly makes me more happy even if more time consuming or less pretty than the packaging on that past stuff.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Kenazwa, have you checked your blood sugar levels.....one of the symptoms of diabetes is excessive thirst.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    actually eating balanced and including carbs :)
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    My eating habits had to change. I'm doing a ketogenic diet. Don't get this confused with ketoasidosis.
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    ...and I do intake "some" carbs. It's just limited.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Started drinking straight water instead of sweet tea and logging foods daily (good or bad).
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    My attitude.
  • anniemeal
    anniemeal Posts: 11
    exercise definitely. Ive been working out since Oct. steadily going to the gym every MWF. I haven't lost any weight though my body has changed.

Now it's time to change something else... my calorie consumption. This is always a challenge b/c I'm so hungry. But I've done it in the past and can do it again!
  • You can not out exercise a bad diet.

Word up.
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Worthy2bFIT Posts: 15 Member
    when i first started started i ate low calorie and i walked.
    now i eat clean, lift weights and run.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Cut portions in half when eating out.
  • babbsisthebest
    babbsisthebest Posts: 18 Member
    Drinking water with meals and in between meals.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    I broke up with carbs and said hello to water!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    I switched to diet pop (soda)........then gradually made other changes, including exercises....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Exercising and no more candy to snack on
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    stopped drinking sodas....I only drink water now
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Stopped drinking so much alcohol (used to be a nightly thing!) and eat out at restaurants a lot less.