Join me: 1000 squats and 700 Crunches Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in - just did a 30 day squat challenge so this amps it up for me a bit more...went from doing 10 squats on day 1 to 250 squats on day 30 so I think I am ready for this. Good on you for putting a challenge out there. I will start today and log every day how I went.
    Good luck everyone who is joining the challenge :)

Awesome, I am glad to hear it :D
  • conquertheself
    Options
    Hey just so you all know ... I Thank you for your suggestions and concerns but I think every human being understand his or her body. I definitely know what may injure me and what may strain my back or knees. I am not trying something I never did and if someone is not capable or does not want to do this then please don't. You should do what is best for you and for your body. I would really appreciate if I can get Support from everyone rather than suggestions and opinions. Thank you anyways and best of luck for everyone's goals, whatever they may be!!
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    143squats and 100 crunches later. I am feeling great. Yall can do this
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hey just so you all know ... I Thank you for your suggestions and concerns but I think every human being understand his or her body. I definitely know what may injure me and what may strain my back or knees. I am not trying something I never did and if someone is not capable or does not want to do this then please don't. You should do what is best for you and for your body. I would really appreciate if I can get Support from everyone rather than suggestions and opinions. Thank you anyways and best of luck for everyone's goals, whatever they may be!!

Interesting.

I have always been a relatively active/fit individual but even after decades of self-evaluation, I still don't know what is going to injure me or cause a problem...and I'm relatively problem-free. I do know, however, that high reps of the same movement on consecutive days without adequate rest is a recipe for disaster for most people.

Aha! I just figured out the disconnect we have here: you're 19. I'm not saying that's a problem and that your ideas on what is and isn't a good idea are irrelevant, but I *will* say that when I was 19, I could have done this challenge without any obvious repercussions too.

As for others who are attempting this who are closer to my age and further from OP's age, you might want to give this idea just a little more thought before you boldly jump into it.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I would join but I made more progress doing heavy barbell squats and core exercises..
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

Interesting.

I have always been a relatively active/fit individual but even after decades of self-evaluation, I still don't know what is going to injure me or cause a problem...and I'm relatively problem-free. I do know, however, that high reps of the same movement on consecutive days without adequate rest is a recipe for disaster for most people.

Aha! I just figured out the disconnect we have here: you're 19. I'm not saying that's a problem and that your ideas on what is and isn't a good idea are irrelevant, but I *will* say that when I was 19, I could have done this challenge without any obvious repercussions too.

As for others who are attempting this who are closer to my age and further from OP's age, you might want to give this idea just a little more thought before you boldly jump into it.

+1

Body squats are a great place to start - it will train your body in balance for when you decide to add weights to your squat. I started that way last year, progressed to dumbbells and now to a barbell. However - you are not doing anything for your body other than flexing your knees. It's called resistance training for a reason.

As far as crunches - much better to do planks or push ups or "V"s as a core exercise. Those three actually target the core and the muscles that work with it. Another good one would be yoga poses Warrior 1, 2 and 3. Hold #3 for 60 seconds and tell me how you feel afterwards. Or better yet do what I do - #1 for 30, transition into #2 for 30, transition into Tree for 30 and then #3 for 60.........then repeat for the other side of your body.

One last thing - your body needs time to heal and build muscle between exercises - if you do something everyday for a month - you are just asking for an injury.

And just for the record, if the acronym loving poster was referring to me, I'm a guy. Not that it matters though.

cheers
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Day 6 way to go everyone. One day til the first week is done. Dont give up
  • conquertheself
    Options
    Hows everyone doing? We are in week 2 now!! Almost half way through :D