Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• mrpmurphy
    mrpmurphy Posts: 4
    Options
    Seems like there has been alot of interest in this particular topic. I am also under 5' 3". I've been serious about my weight loss and found MFP in April. I've lost 13lbs, but the journey has been full of ups and downs. I am committed, but find weekends to be my achilles heel and sometimes wipes out any gains I've made during the week.:smile:
  • Amybobamy76
    Options
    Way to go! I started at 164# and am also 5'. I'm at 136 right now, and still want to lose 5-10 more. Do you find, like me, that once you start doing a lot of strength, and needing the calories to build some muscle, that the scale doesn't move, yet everything feels looser? My watch now sits on top of my hand instead of snugly on my wrist lol
  • Fluffomancer
    Fluffomancer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also short at 5'2" and am looking for MFP friends! Current weight is 141.6, Starting weight when I tried logging food and dieting consistently again was 153.8. First goal weight is 125. I'll reevaluate then.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Is there some way we can make a group so we can all support each other? I have seen quite a few threads like this but then they seem to dry up. I would love to have a place to hang out with other petites :smile:
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Is there some way we can make a group so we can all support each other? I have seen quite a few threads like this but then they seem to dry up. I would love to have a place to hang out with other petites :smile:

There are actually quite a few in the groups section, just happened to look them up when you said that :-)
  • sophierobbo1903
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 5ft2 and currently around 170lbs! Feel free to add me, I know the feeling of carrying around excess weight and being a shorty.. i do feel like an oompa loompa sometimes, without the orange face and green hair!
  • caseydevil
    caseydevil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 something... :-)
    Current weight 61kg Want to weigh 55 and my highest was 77kg.

Feel free to add me.

I try to eat as clean and try to work out!
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1. My original weight loss journey took me from 160 to 120 but as soon as I hit 120 we got pregnant :laugh: So now I am climbing back up but once the baby is due (August) I am starting right back up to hopefully get down to about 115. The only reason I'd go lower would be so that once I go on maintenance I will probably average at about 120. Right now it's all about staying healthy and trying to find some kind of motivation to keep working out even though it is exhausting just walking around already! :tongue:

Feel free to add me :)
  • marthajparks
    Options
    5'3" 137.6. yes I have a digital scale & weigh myself daily ...its like brushing my teeth..down 30 lbs and have kept it off 5 years...Praise God! Recently read 5 rules never to break...#5 Once you lose the weight you can NEVER go back to the old habits. How true...it is a lifestyle change for the rest of your life...Thankfully I have never felt better. and don't want to go back.
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 156.3 - down from 169.9 in February! Trying to get down to 120, but we'll see if that changes when I get closer to that point! Feel free to add me :]
  • Maya_amore
    Maya_amore Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, jnust wanted to report , went down 2.4 pounds this week. I have been staying aorund 1250 every day. DId hit the gym twice this week and lots of walking. I intent to go to the gym today and tomorrow.... as I have to work :( as well.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    funny!!:laugh:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'1" 109lbs. Stay at home mom of an active 3 year old girl. I workout from home everyday & eat at least 1680 if I don't workout. I'm at maintenance. Feel free to add me!
  • JosieBell2
    JosieBell2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm a hair over 5' tall and my goal is 130 pounds by this August this year. I started at 162 and have currently lost 21.2 pounds. Feel free to add me :)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and want to lose about 30!
  • haloms64
    haloms64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im just slightly over 5'3'' and I too want to reach that realistic goal weight. At my heaviest, I weighed close to 150 pounds, probably 147 or 148 but I could never seem to drop below 138 pounds. I always fluctuated between a light 138 pounds to a solid 142. Its always been like that for the last couple years. But I strive for 130 lbs too!!
    Yes the charts say ideally, us girls at 5'3 should weigh 125 but I personally think that, that body weight is a bit drastic for me. I have a semi-thick body. I have some boobs and thighs and my stomach always had flab. I really cant see myself nor would I want to lose too much weight. I think 130 pounds is perfection for my body type. Good luck on your goal, I hope we become successful!!! ^_^
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 25 and have lost 8kg so far - hoping for about 3-4kg more! Original goal I am 2kg from :)

Would love some new friends!
  • ddlambert2010
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and weigh 170 pounds. I am just starting my weight loss journey and am thinking about trying out Medifast products. If anyone has any tips or thoughts for me about the Medifast plan I would really appreciate it. My ideal goal weight is 120 pounds. Thanks (:
  • Nisha_DK
    Nisha_DK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello

38 year old shorty here.

4'11" sometimes 5'!

SW 163
    CW 137
    GW 120

Please add for support

:tongue:
  • Venividivici2014
    Venividivici2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm a 5.05" (all important.5) currently sitting at 127lb. I started at 145 and dropped some with weight watchers then stalled. I've recently started weight training and working out 4/5 times a week and have lost another 4/5lbs. I'm looking to get down to around 155-118 but i just can't seem to shift this last few pounds.
    It's becoming a long and painful process and could do with some support! Feel free to add me!