Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have recently recommitted to MFP. I would love team up with any other short gals that are new and those who are having success. Support, motivation and idea sharing. TEAM is Together Everyone Achieves More! I am almost 5'2 and weigh 179. My goal is to get to 130 which is probably more than the charts say I should weigh but I want a realistic target!

for me at my age TEAM is Two Everlasting Animals Mating
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at almost 150. I'm hoping to get down to 135-140. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • misskarenxo
    Options
    Hi I am 5' 1" and have about 40 pounds to lose. I am starting my journey all over, I am tired of feeling tired all the time. Add me if you like :)
  • jaxxkida
    jaxxkida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1. Starting weight was 180. Found MFP in January. Started MFP at 153. Current weight is 139. Goal 130.
    Feel free to add me :wink:
  • breakingfitter
    Options
    Hi,

I'm short too, 5'2 1/2 and started MFP at 220 and have lost 25 lbs so far. I definitely credit this app and community for helping me get on track so congrats on starting out and best of luck with your goals!
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hey y'all I'm 5'2. my starting weight Jan 7, 2014 was 141 lbs i am down 13 lbs as of yesterday. my goal is 125 lbs but it depends on how i feel or look when i get there. feel free to add me :smile:
  • speechpathy
    Options
    Me too! I am 5' 2 and 1/2" and started at 170 and have lost 2lbs this week, starting over. I hope to get to 135. I used to weigh between 125 and 130 and was happy there. So long ago I am afraid. I turned 50 and the weight just kept creeping up. I am trying this time to change my eating habits, use portion control and exercise a bit more. I would love to be apart of this post
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3".....just turned 44 years old at the beginning of may.....

SW...172lb
    lowest weight...118lb
    CW....132lb....:mad:
    GW...120lb

sighhh.....gaining and losing same 5lb or so for about that last 6 months at least.....this is driving me crazy!!!!:cry:
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi..Im 5'2" and looking to get to a toned 135 or 140. I started at 176ish and current am down a little over 20 lbs. Im 44 yrs old. Anyone in the thread can feel free to add me. I am here to support any and all. Though our journeys may be different the struggle is still the same.

Thanks
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm 4ft10 1/2 inches and Id like to lose about 20lbs... Fee free to add me.
  • mamamimosa
    mamamimosa Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'2" :)

SW: 170
    CW: 124.6
    GW: 120ish?

Lost 40lbs in late 2012/early 2013, gained some back at the end of 2013 and then lost that again this year. Back at the weight I was pre-kids/early 20s and hoping to maintain around here. Currently following the TDEE method for counting calories (slowly upping to maintenance right now!) and in the Alpha phase of T25!
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am recently 5'3 haha somehow grew have an inch !!! I am 150 lbs and hoping to be 140-- and eventually 130. Feel free to add me :)
  • TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH
    TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'1" and my CW is 165. Have lost 4.6 so far and have about 45 more to go. Will see how I look and feel then and may want to lose a little more. It feels like I have been on a diet the majority of my adult life and it always seems I take one step forward and two steps back. Have not been able to lose weight and keep it off but now at 40 I realize this is not going to get any easier. I am committed to doing this and this time around I am finding it a little easier with the support of MFP friends. Anyone feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5' 3/4" almost 5'1" & 34 yrs old. I've recently started putting on weight & I'm not sure why. I don't know if its the medication I've been put on or my metabolism is starting to slow or if I'm just lazy. I've never been one to work out but I've always been active. Now I'm working out but the weight isn't going anywhere. I'm in need of some movitating friends & people who can relate to just not feeling godd about the way the look and ready for a change.
  • xtuhreuhh
    xtuhreuhh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'1"..5'2" depending on the day. :laugh: I'm currently between 196 and 198 with a short term goal of 10lbs (at a time) until I can reach my ultimate goal of between 130 and 140. Feel free to add me, I can give as much encouragement as you need, and it wouldn't hurt to get some myself :smile:
  • lizc0616
    lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat, i started at around 145 and have lost down to 125-130 range, cannot seem to get below, my goal weight would be 115, i just am trying SO hard to tone and shape, especially belly! Started no grains diet today along with the 5-6x a week excersize good luck! :)
  • SaltLife558
    SaltLife558 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'2" and 178 lbs, down from largest weight of 189! I am looking to get back down to 130 and just be heathly. I miss how good it made me feel. I just joined the site today and am still learning my way around. Support is always a helpful resource, please feel free to add me! Good luck to everone on their own journey :bigsmile:
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to jump on this thread :happy: I'm 5' on the dot and right now weighing 216 (which is my highest EVER!!) My eventual goal weight is about 120, but we'll see what feels good when I get down there. I'm not concerned with the weight number as much as I am with what fits and looks best for me. I've been struggling a lot lately and need to get my butt in gear!!
  • IloveXfit47
    IloveXfit47 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im a short guy. (5' 2") Can I join?
  • 1974lynnette
    1974lynnette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". SW was 184, CW is 181.5, & GW is 135. I used Weight Watchers last year & lost 15 but I gained it all back plus 30 more. I just want to feel good about the way my clothes fit.